Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 1:13 AM Last edited by justamyth : 3rd Feb 2019 at 5:48 AM.
Default How do I remove a mesh?
I'm looking to upload my first recolor of another creator's content, but I can't wrap my mind around the steps of removing the mesh from the download. I've watched one video I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlm7AUqge4 but even after a few views and reviews, I'm still missing something. Are there any easier how-to videos or maybe a layman's guide to read?

I'm using S4S and Gimp, if that helps any. That's all my novice skills can handle right now.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 11:41 AM
Possibly someone here would know, but for a question like this you should ask in the S4S forum about the procedure in S4S.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justamyth
I'm looking to upload my first recolor of another creator's content, but I can't wrap my mind around the steps of removing the mesh from the download. I've watched one video I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlm7AUqge4 but even after a few views and reviews, I'm still missing something. Are there any easier how-to videos or maybe a layman's guide to read?

I'm using S4S and Gimp, if that helps any. That's all my novice skills can handle right now.

Hi justamyth,

To make a recolour of custom content with S4S, you will find all you need to know here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/397/c...-custom-content
You don't remove a mesh from the files, though. You basically add the original creator's package to the S4S mods folder, and S4S will then recognize that content and display it when you click on either Create CAS Standalone under CAS or Standalone Recolour under Objects or Build. That tutorial is really very good, and you shouldn't have any problems working through it. They can certainly answer any other questions regarding the procedure, should you have any.

Good luck!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 2:11 AM
Every recolor, needs to contain the MLOD and model files inside of it. This is the way TS4 deals with recolors it needs to have an instance of the object it needs to be recolored.
From what I understand you want your package to only contain your OWN recolors, so if you happen to remove it you still have the original item in your game correct?

To do that you need to:
- Make an override recolor
- Then make your recolors are usual.
- Once you are done go to the Warehouse tab and delete everything EXCEPT (the Model, Model LOD, Object Catalog, Objects Definition, and DST images of your own recolors.)

So the final package should have:
1) a couple of Model LOD resources
2) a Model resource
3) a Catalog and an Object Definition resource (or more depending on how many swatches you have added)
4) The DST images you imported for your swatches

(Usually *not always* each swatch will have an DST image, a Catalog and an Object Definition tied to it. So if you have 3 swatches but only 2 Catalog Definitions in the final package then the 3rd swatch won't appear in-game.)

I hope I didn't confuse you! I tried to simplify it as much as I could
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
Hi justamyth,

To make a recolour of custom content with S4S, you will find all you need to know here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/397/c...-custom-content
You don't remove a mesh from the files, though. You basically add the original creator's package to the S4S mods folder, and S4S will then recognize that content and display it when you click on either Create CAS Standalone under CAS or Standalone Recolour under Objects or Build. That tutorial is really very good, and you shouldn't have any problems working through it. They can certainly answer any other questions regarding the procedure, should you have any.

Good luck!

Thank you. I'll take a look and see if there's anything there that I might have missed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
Every recolor, needs to contain the MLOD and model files inside of it. This is the way TS4 deals with recolors it needs to have an instance of the object it needs to be recolored.
From what I understand you want your package to only contain your OWN recolors, so if you happen to remove it you still have the original item in your game correct?

To do that you need to:
- Make an override recolor
- Then make your recolors are usual.
- Once you are done go to the Warehouse tab and delete everything EXCEPT (the Model, Model LOD, Object Catalog, Objects Definition, and DST images of your own recolors.)

So the final package should have:
1) a couple of Model LOD resources
2) a Model resource
3) a Catalog and an Object Definition resource (or more depending on how many swatches you have added)
4) The DST images you imported for your swatches

(Usually *not always* each swatch will have an DST image, a Catalog and an Object Definition tied to it. So if you have 3 swatches but only 2 Catalog Definitions in the final package then the 3rd swatch won't appear in-game.)

I hope I didn't confuse you! I tried to simplify it as much as I could

I won't lie, some of that went over my head I'll try doing it while reading your instruction to see if it becomes clearer.
I should have clarified that this question stems from trying to upload my recolor on MTS. The rules say that if the creator does not want us to include a copy of the mesh, that we should not and simply provide the link. So that's where the confusion lies.
I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the advice!