Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1051 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:48 AM
George R. R. Martin or rather the A Song of Ice and Fire books. Couldn't even finish the first book and it's the only book that I ever threw away.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1052 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 12:48 PM
One Direction.
Cream.
People being overly nice to me. I don't know why, but people complimenting me or doing things for me is kind of awkward .
Well... that was a bit of a mismatch list. You know what would be worse? Cream advertised by 1D and sold by overly nice people.
Field Researcher
#1053 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:21 AM
Here's one. It's a bit dated, though. But I really, really do not like The Notebook (the movie).

Never read the book. Most likely will never read the book. Couldn't stand the movie, and was forced to watch it by a friend. Oh, I cried through it, but not for the romance in it. No, I cried because I hated it. I think it was made well production-wise, but I just really can't stand stupid, sappy romances where the romantic leads can't just decide anything; The leads string the audience along. I don't like stupid, unnecessary drama and boy, did this movie have it. Another thing I've heard from people, is, "But it was so sweet, them as an older couple and he would read to her about their past." (If I remember it correctly) I had no emotional connection to either character because I thought she was selfish and rude (can't remember what I thought about with the guy, probably thought he was a cliched romantic male lead, perfect in every way, which is not attractive to me AT ALL). I did NOT like the characters, and it just turned me off. Congrats, they made it to old age, now can the movie be over already? No!? Ugh. I saw the "twist" coming from a mile away, and it just felt way too long, in my mind.

In general, though, I do NOT like romance movies and while I am a woman, I am just not the target audience that the movie was aimed for (I do not have a romantic bone in my body). So, the fact that this is my least favorite romance (that I have seen, which is few), probably means it is actually a really good romance movie. It was just not for me. (Give me action movies any day over romance!)

The other one is Moulin Rouge. That one was a train wreck and absolutely horrible. At least I could finish The Notebook and it had good cinematography and I'll give in and say that it had decent/good acting. Probably also had good music. That movie just wasn't for me.

Moulin Rouge, however. Couldn't even finish it, and I tried TWICE. My friends thought I was the one in the wrong. But, ahem, terrible MODERN music in a PERIOD drama. Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! I play baroque music, so if you are going to do a period film, have the effing music be period appropriate. I did not think it was clever, witty, or artsy, what they did with putting in modern music (If I remember, it might've also been remakes of popular music, but I don't remember). I do remember thinking the music was WOEFULLY out of place. Hated the main characters, really disliked the stupid cinematography. Couldn't even see what was happening during the music numbers. I felt NO emotion from the characters, and I did not care if his love died (which it was hinted at). So, yeah, that's another movie people like, that I absolutely do NOT like.
0/10 would never watch again.

Well, there's my rant. Haha!

Edited to say, when I said terrible modern music, the music choices might have been okay, but it was their use in a period drama was terrible. Just wanted to clarify, because if I remember, they used very popular songs. Songs I liked. Were they also remixed or something? If they were, I also probably didn't like the remixed versions. For some reason I'm remembering that they were remixed, but I am NOT going to check it out, so deal.
Test Subject
#1054 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:40 AM
I hate ketchup. I'm also sensative to acidic foods though (Tomatoes)
Forum Resident
#1055 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:22 AM
Games that shoehorn celebrities and take a chunk out of their limited dev time to focus on said celeb instead of developing their other main projects. One such company focused so much on turning their medieval game into a pantomime-slash-Fashion-Week that their superhero project and other things got left by the wayside for three years and counting. Part of the reason why I made a fan-reboot of HeroSmash in my sim story blog.

I don't like artificial fruit flavors. Too sour for me.

Nor can I stand horror movies. Horror novels WITHOUT illustrations? Fine by me, I can read them. But when it comes to horror movies with the disgusting special effects and all, I get ill with fear.

Also, vampires. I've been more of a werewolf fan since I first read supernatural stories.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Page 43 of 43