Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:06 AM
Thanks a million! I downloaded those guides and ive stated to look throught them.

Question: If Merolas is private, then mine will have to be too?
Also, is there not a "fill aspiration" or "aspiration" BHAV in the primatives or globals? I have to create one?

I have figured out how to get the object to raise a sims needs with Echos help, but I cant manage to get the aspiration thing down.

I think what makes it harder for me is not knowing what BHAV is what, and which ones to select to get the desired effect.

I have looked through other peoples packages and tried to understand what they have done so I can do it myself, but somethings get me puzzled!?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:37 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 6th Mar 2009 at 2:32 PM.
Heres what I have so far.

The sim wont do anything when I click on the Raise Aspiration string???

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Slippery When Wet
#28 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 12:30 PM
Merola's used a parameter to pass in different values.
As you only want to maximize, use a literal 0x64 in place of param0.

This function is trickier than normal as SimPE is not showing helpful labels. It's not always this hard so don't let that put you off

The work is being done by the call "Generic Sims Call'.
When Op0 is 0x27, the behaviour is to "force recalc of wants"
However, that is assuming that all temps (which the call uses as arguments) are set to 00.

In this case, it isn't recalculating wants.
Temp0 set to 0x0C causes it to set the aspiration level.
Temp1 holds the neighbour ID of the sim.
Temp2 holds the value to set the level to.

BTW, the 'Set to Next' in that bhav is causing this action to be taken on all sims on the lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:41 PM Last edited by SimArchitect : 14th Mar 2009 at 1:12 AM.
Thanks! That helped alot. I understand some of it better now.

So, the package I have going is correct?

Quote: Originally posted by tunaisafish

Im assuming the BHAV Expression (Temp... := Param 0x0000) needs to be changed to a 0x0064? Thats what raises the aspiration right?

Also, the Interaction that raises needs, not interactions, can that one use a "set to next" so it will raise "all sims on lot" needs? If I add a "Set to Next" at the end of the Raise needs list, does the true target need to point to a BHAV, or does it need to say Return True, False or Error? And the false target...what should it say?

The package attachment shows what I have changed.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 2:18 PM
I tested it in the game (the current attached package) and it raises there needs, but not all sims on lot...and it cancels all actions that there doing and changes there displayed picture to a different pose.

The raise aspiration thing changes there picture pose and cancels what there doing including movement, but dose not raise there aspiration???

After you clcik on one of the options (in game), they stop what there doing and there bodies halt...then they start new actions on there own after the desired action is taken?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
#31 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:45 PM
You should be testing this in debug mode in order to get logs. Your sims are resetting, so even though some of the functions are working, it's definitely throwing errors.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
You should be testing this in debug mode in order to get logs. Your sims are resetting, so even though some of the functions are working, it's definitely throwing errors.

Ooo, I didnt even think of that! I will keep that in mind. Thanks Nader

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 11:58 PM Last edited by SimArchitect : 14th Mar 2009 at 1:12 AM.
I fixed the "Raise Needs" function (though it still wont do it for all sims on lot).

When I click the "Raise aspiration" interation (in game), it give me the following error (written out):

Object Error
An error occured in object "N001_User00000 - zxxc" #260, Error: Stack number out of range. The stack trace is saved in "C:/Users/Andrew Colvin/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N001_t3459.txt".

Something is wrong obviously?

I have attached the error log below.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:56 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 14th Mar 2009 at 1:11 AM.
Merola's used a parameter to pass in different values.

This function is trickier than normal as SimPE is not showing helpful labels. It's not always this hard so don't let that put you off

The work is being done by the call "Generic Sims Call'.
When Op0 is 0x27, the behaviour is to "force recalc of wants"
However, that is assuming that all temps (which the call uses as arguments) are set to 00.

In this case, it isn't recalculating wants.
Temp0 set to 0x0C causes it to set the aspiration level.
Temp1 holds the neighbour ID of the sim.
Temp2 holds the value to set the level to.

BTW, the 'Set to Next' in that bhav is causing this action to be taken on all sims on the lot.

Back to you Tuna. So the Temp 0x0 Literal 0x0C is what sets the aspiration level...but what does the 3rd BHAV (Stack Object ID :=Literal 0x0) do? Is it even needed...because I cant figure out the problem.

IM SO FRUSTRATED!

Here is my newest version:

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Slippery When Wet
#35 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 6:57 AM Last edited by tunaisafish : 8th Mar 2009 at 7:34 PM.
Your object works for me, and that errorlog doesn't match up with the code.
Check for dupe objects, delete the cache, etc...

The assignment of literal 00 to the stack Object is in preparation for 'Set To Next'.
This ensures the loop will include *all* sims on the lot. Each time the STN node is called it increases the stack Object to the ObjectID of the next person, and returns true. When it runs out of person's it returns false, enabling you to know when to exit the loop.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 7:21 AM
Your object works for me, and that errorlog doesn't match up with the code.
Check for dupe objects, delete the cache, etc...

The assignment of literal 00 to the stack Object is in preparation for 'Set To Next'.
This ensures the loop will include *all* sims on the lot. Each time the STN node is called it increases the stack Object to the ObjectID of the next person, and returns true. When it runs out of person's in returns false, enabling you to know when to exit the loop.

IT WORKS!?

It does not work in my game. It resets the sim/s when I click the raise aspiration function, and it dosent raise the aspiration. Only the raise needs works (without the "set for all" BHAV.

I know the error log dosent match up, because I have changed the object sense then. lol

I delete the cache files and log files every time i start the game, and I have only the CEP and the one package in the downloads folder. I test it wthout other CC.

I dont understand why it dosent work for me???

Also, can I set the Raise Needs BHAV to set for all sims? If so, how? I tried it, but when I tested in in the game, it didnt work.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:19 PM
I still cant figure it out!? Anything I do still wont make it function correctly in my game.

Tunaisafish, could it be because of expansion pack differences?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Slippery When Wet
#38 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:48 PM
Our EP's are almost identical, so I doubt it.

If you're sims are resetting then the errorlog is the biggest clue
I'll be in #create for a while if you want to brainstorm it there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 9:14 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 12th Mar 2009 at 7:05 AM.
I think I will make a post in the create section and see who can help.

Ill make a link to this thread too.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Problem Solved! Got to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...d=1#post2135665

Thanks to: Echo, Nader, Tunaisafish, Inge, and Huge Lunatic!!!

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Page 2 of 2