Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to install a lot that has CC included without the CC
I want to install a downloaded lot, but it has CC included which I don't want. Can I still install this lot and how? (Maybe with Clean Installer, but I don't know exactly how that works.)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
Yeah, use Clean Installer and just untick the boxes next to the CC you don't want to install.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:33 PM
Or click the button in Clean Installer which says 'lot only'

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:44 PM
All right! Thank you for the quick help!
Do I install as the default the Clean Installer says? And what does the lot look like in game without the required CC?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
All right! Thank you for the quick help!
Do I install as the default the Clean Installer says? And what does the lot look like in game without the required CC?

Generally with missing object CC, the game will default back to whatever the object was cloned from. Missing wallpaper and floors will be blank. If you don't have a required SP, stuff will be missing. If you don't have a required EP, you may have difficulty loading the lot (though not always). Very occasionally, you run into the problem that the lot won't load without one (or more) pieces of CC. It depends partly, I think, on how the CC has been made. It's pretty uncommon though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:28 PM
I have all EP's and SP's so I do not worry about that.
It's just that I don't like installing lots with CC included or required cause sometimes people use CC that I already have (I have so much CC that I just don't know it anymore) and after installing a lot with CC included you find packages in the downloadfolder without a name (just series of numbers and letters) and I like to keep an overview of what is in my downloadfolder.
So I think I can install CC included lots with Clean Installer as default set by Clean Installer and then I just redecorate what is missing.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:11 PM
Double-check that the Clean Installer default is correct, but yeah, usually you can rely on that. Clean Installer also keeps the filenames when you do use it to install CC, so you won't get files with garbage names any more.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM
Another thing you can do about CC, is to install the lot in a clean game. Clean as in, vanilla. The Downloads folder will then only includes what was in the house. From there, you can decide what you keep/move to your main game, and what you get rid of(not like, already have, etc)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM
Just be aware that removing terrain paint may cause the entire lot to flash blue, it may also not, but it is a good chance. There is also a chance the lot may crash, this is slim but there is a chance.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Another thing you can do about CC, is to install the lot in a clean game. Clean as in, vanilla. The Downloads folder will then only includes what was in the house. From there, you can decide what you keep/move to your main game, and what you get rid of(not like, already have, etc)

1. Install the lot into a clean neighborhood in a clean game as above.

2. Place the lot in the neighborhood. Give it a different name when the game asks you if you want to rename it ("Clothing Store v 2.0" or something similar - just so the name is different). Enter the lot in Build/Buy mode and remove any CC you don't want. If there's a terrain paint you don't want, erase it.

3. Once you've gotten rid of all unwanted CC, save the lot and exit back to the neighborhood.

4. Bin the edited lot. You can now delete the original lot from your lot catalog. Make sure to copy the lot into the lot catalog for your regular game.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:41 AM
Thanks for the help.
What actually happens when i install a lot with cc that I already have?

Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:26 PM
If you don't clean out the CC with Clean Installer it will be placed in your main Downloads folder, so it should be easy to find . This is a good reason to use subfolders - anything in my root Downloads folder must have hitch-hiked in with a lot or sim.

The Clean Installer can also be used to scan your Downloads folder tree. Anything that shows up in pink is a duplicate of a file that you already have.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:51 PM
If you already have the cc in your download folder it will show up in the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:43 PM
Well there's a lot of info in this thread I didn't know about so thanks everyone.
I think I am going to install the cc with the lots with Clean Installer so that the included cc packages have clear names. But I'll install them one by one.
So i can put the included cc in a folder 'Installed lots' so i know where I got those packages from.
And with Clean Installer i can filter the duplicates.

But I think the game won't do anything funny if there are duplicates.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:55 PM
I prefer to go to each link and get the cc that way, checking out if I really want it, install it all then install just the lot file. Even Clean Installer will change names of walls and floors. So if walls come with the lot made by the creator I install them one by one changing the name to something that makes sense.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I prefer to go to each link and get the cc that way, checking out if I really want it, install it all then install just the lot file. Even Clean Installer will change names of walls and floors. So if walls come with the lot made by the creator I install them one by one changing the name to something that makes sense.

Sometimes there is no seperate link to get the cc that way.
I'll see what I'll do with each lot seperatly.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:33 PM
All lots uploaded here should have separate links unless it's really old. Lots from elsewhere probably not but I don't get those unless they are CC free, except on rare occasions.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#18 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:41 PM
Sometimes links die too but yes I would install what I wanted first then just add the lot.