Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:50 PM Last edited by kin23g : 21st Mar 2012 at 1:51 AM.
Singer sings custom songs mod .. ?
Don't get me wrong, I loved each and every song. But who wouldn't love it if their Katy Perry sim started singing Part of Me or The One That Got Away?

So is there a way to replace one of the songs (New Glitz or something) with one from the Custom Music folder? If someone would make such a mod .. that would be F**king AWESOME. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:11 PM
People have replaced some music files so in theory it is possible. It's just a matter of converting the song you want into the proper format and replacing the file for one of the default songs.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:45 PM
Where would the files be for the songs? I'd be willing to try it...I'm level 10 right now in music career and would love some new songs..I wish I knew how to make mods
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:57 PM
Most likely one of the fullbuild.packages I'm not sure which one since the songs for the singer don't seem to be named the same way the ones on the radio are. But all the sound effects for the genie and other Showtime objects are in FullBuild02.package in the base game packages folder IIRC.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 8:06 AM
I think the songs are the ones in the FullBuild_p12 in the Showtime installation in GameData\Shared\Packages.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:42 PM
You are correct. That's what I get for not exiting the game and looking again just to double check. Although I still can't seem to find the actual songs. I've found Betrayed, Dont_Wanna_Go_Home, For_the_Kids_of_the_Multiculture, Loo_Mah, Not_Your_Fault, Swoobie_Zine, This_City, Tonight, We_Are_Young and You_Me_And_The_Boatman which are new radio songs I believe. Of course they couldn't have obvious titles like the radio songs because EA knew we were gonna try to replace them with something decent.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:41 AM
If the songs you've listed are the songs on the stereo, then the singer's songs may be in the DeltaBuild1. There are a lot of AUDT's there which my S3PE will not identify, so these are probably from Showtime.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin23g
So is there a way to replace one of the songs (New Glitz or something) with one from the Custom Music folder? If someone would make such a mod .. that would be F**king AWESOME. :D

Note: No mod requests allowed at MTS I'd lock the thread, but Thomas and Shimrod have posted some useful information for modders You've got the information you need to do it yourself. If you have more questions about how to do it, you'd want to use the forums in the Create menu. And the WCIF forum, under Help, is for looking for mods that have already been made.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 5:23 PM
Ok now how do I open a package file?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 3:16 PM
S3pe or Sims 3 Package Explorer either will work for search and extraction but you need S3PE to make a package.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:01 AM
OK, I am now moving this to Modding Discussion
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM Last edited by cmcallister14 : 31st Mar 2012 at 8:43 PM.
I'm looking in the DeltaBuild File right and most of the new things from showtime are in there. So far I've found the karaoke duets.

Edit: I found the sing-a-gram stuff and karaoke duets.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 7:25 PM
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 7:47 PM
Do you suppose it would be better to make these custom songs in simish, I think EA uses an algorythem or something to change real songs into nonsense verse. I think it can be done by spliting the vocals if thats posible or getting a vocal only demo then scramble it (makes more sense than getting an artist in to record in a language they canot speak, they could sing like that if you got them quite drunk). English would just suck. Hey also who ever figures out how to replicate the simish creation prosess, could be in popular demand with other moders here.

Im sure i have got my terminology wrong and for that i am very sorry.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 7:51 PM
They have real artists record in gibberish (i.e. simlish). There's some videos out there of some of it and it's hilarious.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:10 PM
I would never have guessed! i wonder how much they payed them to do that? anyway this is off topic. hey i had wondered how they managed to control the pitch of the song when you set your sims voice i supose your setting a value to modify the pitch of a song too. but there are 3 seperate voices, i must say showtime may well be the most imagineative expantion pack so far.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:41 AM
Whats the progress on this mod? I would like to add custom music to the singers, but i have no experience at modding at all
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 9:41 PM
any news ??
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 2:11 AM
did anyone do this yet i would luv this mod
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:53 PM Last edited by MannyR_ : 28th Jul 2012 at 5:04 PM.
I've had a quick look at the FullBuild_p12.package file, and there's the songs. However, they are made a mess. The songs from the Singer career are made of different audio files: Intro, Verse, Chorus, End. That's how, in-game, you can make combinations of chorus and verse. This means, if a song were going to be modded into the game, it would have to be split into beginning, then a verse, then a chorus, and the end.

I could also change other voice files into MP3, and it's ok, but I don't know if it can be changed from .mp3 to .snr (the extension for sound files in the game). I'll try to do some research.

ETA: Extracted 2 parts of the song One More Grey Day! It looks like it is possible, but apparently there's no way to encode it into the original file. :/
Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MannyR_
I could also change other voice files into MP3, and it's ok, but I don't know if it can be changed from .mp3 to .snr (the extension for sound files in the game). I'll try to do some research.

This thread explains how it can be done, message #11. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=418050

Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 10:33 PM
Alright, thanks! I'll take a look at it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MannyR_
Alright, thanks! I'll take a look at it.

So any results?
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:25 AM
Hey guys... any current news about this??
i'm really looking forward for this mod...
See, i did a korean singer sim so i would like him to sing k-pop song...
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kay_94
Hey guys... any current news about this??
i'm really looking forward for this mod...
See, i did a korean singer sim so i would like him to sing k-pop song...

Shimrod provided the link for Manny with the information needed Unless somebody programs a tool, everybody who wants custom songs will have to do their own mod, so your kpop song is waiting for you to mod it.
Page 1 of 2