Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 5:07 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 12th Apr 2019 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Added statement.
Default Sim Headshots
Is there a good way of capturing a Sim's headshot, such as here?
I know that TS2 has SimPE, but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way for TS3?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 5:27 PM
You can save your Sim in the bin in CAS, then in your saved Sims folder inside your The Sims 3 folder, you can find the name of your sim and open the file
using S3PE or Sims 3 Package Editor

There's also another way, but it costs more time, go to your saves folder, look for the save/world that your sim is in and then open the .nhd with S3PE again, then you'll have to look for your sim's portrait. Usually these are saved as IMG files for both methods. I hope this helped

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
You can save your Sim in the bin in CAS, then in your saved Sims folder inside your The Sims 3 folder, you can find the name of your sim and open the file
using S3PE or Sims 3 Package Editor

There's also another way, but it costs more time, go to your saves folder, look for the save/world that your sim is in and then open the .nhd with S3PE again, then you'll have to look for your sim's portrait. Usually these are saved as IMG files for both methods. I hope this helped

Worked a treat with S3PE. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 11:45 PM
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 11:52 PM
Am I the only one who thought that this is a wcif for sims get headshots by a gun ? ^^ i clicked on WatermelonSandal's link and was really confused until i realised, that it's about making pics of the sims' heads xD is it totally common to say it like that? isn't there another word than headshot? It's so confusing^^