Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:20 AM
Default Help! Meteors keep killing my Sims!
Alright, so I got Ambitions a couple days ago and am enjoying it, but I've noticed a few problems, and I'm not sure if it's just me or if other people have noticed some of the same things. The biggest problem is meteors. Almost everyday (game days, that is), a meteor comes crashing down on my lot and destroys my house. It's irritating after spending an hour making a house, only to have a meteor come crashing down and destroying everything I just made. My sim doesn't have a telescope, nor has ever looked in one. Does anyone have a mod for preventing meteors? Or at least have an explanation?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
Isn't disasters supposed to happen only to firefighters? My firefighter got hit by a meteor, but only once, and she didn't die from it. None of my other sims have even seen a meteor.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:44 PM
I've yet to see a meteor. You stole them from my game!!!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:53 PM
if you're trying to make us jealouse then you're doing a good job.

(j/k)
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
Probably a fake, there are no meteors that destroy houses. And it's always_falling's first post. Not to mention that her meteors are always falling, so she probably only registered to tell us this story.

Screenshots or it didn't happen, as Pescado would say.
Retired
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
I had doubts too, at first.

Then I saw with mine own eyes:

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:32 PM
I've heard there are meteors, your screen shakes, sky gets dark, sims come over to where ur standing and point at sky. You have plenty of time to move if you dont want ur sim to die.

I'm sure any sims with the unlucky trait are gonna get death from above.
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:50 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 8th Jun 2010 at 1:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Probably a fake, there are no meteors that destroy houses. And it's always_falling's first post. Not to mention that her meteors are always falling, so she probably only registered to tell us this story.

Screenshots or it didn't happen, as Pescado would say.

Speaking of which, someone posted pics of a meteor falling on the community gardens in Twinbrook over at MATY (Pudding thread, I think EDIT: Nope, it's in The Horror thread). It killed his sim, and he wasn't even a fire fighter.

Pretty cool, but I haven't seen it in my game yet; and it would get irritating if it happens too often.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:32 AM
I told this already in another thread, guys. I was with my stylist in the Saloon and a meteor killed her and some more people, destroyed the Saloon and made me quit without saving D:
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:18 AM
Ditto, had a writer who was actually at a chess tourney when it happend. TOurney was interrupted, everyone started pointing and then, WHAM!! It hit him and two of the other people. Instant kill after alot of effort and time. Sigh.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:44 AM
Pictures damnit
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:09 AM
Default Picture
For proof, here's a link to a picture:

http://tinypic.com/r/2lut62q/6

I've only had the game a few days, & have already had 3 of them kill the same two sims. I didn't realize you can move out of the way xD - also, I took this picture with my cellphone to show my sister, who didn't believe me. Wish I could have taken a better one if I knew I was going to share it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:42 AM
it's true ...check youtube for that
but strangelly i havent seen it myself, even thought my main sim atm is a firefighter D:
i havent seen an earthquake either
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:50 AM
I'm living the same thing with way too many meteors. Every sims day, I get a meteor. It first says that my sims is wondering why it's suddenly dark outside (don't know the exact message in english since my game is in french). My sims is a firefighter and I often get meteors while he's at a house already burning. It put fire everywhere again and once it took my sims sixty hours to finish the job, ha ha! It killed my sims the first times, I didn't figured out right away that I had plenty of time to move so my sims wouldn't get the meteor right on him. I had to get the reward of the nonflammable property (costs 30, 000 points)... At least I don't have to worry about my house being destroyed anymore.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:51 AM
So far, only one sim of mine has been hit. Lucky for her she had a death flower.Burned most of the stuff in her backyard too. I'll post pics if it happens again.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:29 AM
So far my Sims have experienced a meteor strike and an earthquake. IMO, neither are very interesting.

Unless you're a firefighter. Then the earthquakes turn into fun challenges.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I had doubts too, at first.

Then I saw with mine own eyes:

Rofl Nice

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:27 PM
I'm not lying! This does happen, all the time. I've made several games and it happens in each, and none of my sims have been firefighters. I don't know what to do, these damn meteors keep destroying my stuff. I have to save every two seconds, because I'm so paranoid one's going to ruin my game. Does anyone know of a conflicting MOD that may be causing this?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:31 PM
Are 100% positive that all your Mods are updated for Ambitions?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:36 PM
I have A LOT of meteors in my game too. My inventor sim has them at least once a week. Although they don't destroy your buildings they can cause huge fires and destroy all your furniture. Also I found that my sim died because he got set on fire and his whole house was on fire so I couldn't get in put out so in the end he died.

They're just a nuisance really.

When they appear the ground around the sim goes dark and a pop up says "____ wonder's why it's gone dark suddenly..." and if you don't move you get splattered.

Addenbrooke: a beautiful and magical world with a large city.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
I'm going through all my MODS now. I don't have many MODS that change gameplay though, but I've noticed less meteors since I've gotten rid of a few. Then again, my Sims stay indoors a lot now because I'm afraid of being hit by meteors. And yeah, I made the mistake earlier of saying it destroyed my house. I meant that it destroys everything on my lot, and usually ends up setting my house on fire, which ultimately destroys most of it too.
Retired
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:06 AM
It could perhaps be bad luck. I've been playing the game unmodded, and sometimes with NRaas mods. No CC either. And I'm still yet to see a meteor, although I've seen footage of them.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 6:20 AM
So far i've only had one meteor and it was from my sim looking through the telescope all day long. The music in the game suddenly got all ominous and a big red warning popped up. There was a huge shadow right above my sim so I just paused the game and made her run away. She didn't die but my entire back yard (slide, swingset, climbing toy, grill, trampoline, the telescope. . ) got all burned up and I had to click and replace them like you would in a normal fire. Plus every window on that side of the house, my stove and a counter, my toilet and shower (the kitchen and bathroom were right on the other side of the wall from where it hit) all got turned into piles of scrap and my floor needed mopping up.

Overall I had to replace about 10k worth of stuff. But the meteor was worth a little over 2k and there were about a dozen smaller ones worth varying amounts.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:38 PM
I've had one meteor so far. There was no fire, but the mailbox and trashcan on the lot didn't function anymore. Even the little "Paid Unpaid Bills" popup in the corner didn't work.

Screw you, meteors! (thumbs in ears, tongue sticking out)
Page 1 of 3