Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 6:50 PM
Custom Mesh Recolour
Evening. I'm trying to upload a Sim for TS3, and I've just been given this notice about custom mesh recolours.
The Sim uses custom recolours that I made, but they are of Maxis content from in the game.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:58 PM
I would guess that if the meshes are from in-game, it should qualify as having the mesh included in the download. If the mesh is base game, people already have it if the game is installed, and if it's from an EP, they get the mesh once they have the EP installed. Granted, the sim isn't going to have the mesh if the proper EP isn't there, but it's not as if it's legal to download the mesh anywhere else unless you're buying the EP. Just make sure you specify which EP the mesh that was recolored came from.

Of course, this is just me. But I would leave the boxes blank on the grounds that downloaders already have the mesh so it's the same as if the mesh was included in the download.

Creator Issues http://www.modthesims.info/f/492/ would be the spot to get a definitive answer.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:15 PM
Thanks for the advice.
I'll be sure to specify that in the download description.