Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 5:24 PM
Default Making object buyable
How do I make clones of objects that is not buyable in-game, for example a fork and make it buyable in game?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 5:59 PM
The existing buyable clutter on MTS was cloned from a decorative object, and the mesh inside was replaced with the unbuyable mesh. You may be able to clone those items as is, and change the category in S3OC when cloning, however I don't know if that alone will make them buyable. Since other unbuyable stuff has a base of an actual buyable object I would have to guess this is the way it has to be done.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 6:31 PM
In general it is accomplished by changing product status to 0x61 on the details tab of s3oc, and ticking the places where it should appear in the catalog on the various flags tabs. But there are various reasons why it's good to use an existing buyable object if you can - things like not sinking half way into the table when you place it, etc.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#4 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 11:11 PM
Oh thanks for the info here guys!! Yeah if you just change it to 0x61 to make it buyable in game it doesn't work, you can't delete it or place on tables

Hi I'm Paul!