Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 1:13 AM
Default post a obj file from poser
Thanks for a great tutorial.

I´m having some problem with my modified body.obj file. I used Poser 6 to modefie the file but i can not get Mesh Tool to read my new file.

Maybe someone can post a obj file from poser so i can compare with mine. I have changed the g body thing but that doesn´t help..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:19 AM
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this. After my milkshape trial ran out I thought that my meshing days where over, I don’t have much money but I do have poser thank you.

Read my signature it cries for attention!

Wookiees, Bats, Zombies and more see my work here.
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=150649
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#53 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 7:12 PM
jedimembrain - just note, this is for working with Meshtool - which means you can only move vertices (no delete or add) and not past any joints, or your mesh won't animate correctly. That said, good luck!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:51 PM
I know but thanks. thats all I need it for if I ever start making ojects I'll just use wings,Best freeware ever!

Read my signature it cries for attention!

Wookiees, Bats, Zombies and more see my work here.
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=150649
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:40 AM
Has anyone tried using the new daz they came out with a new one? I would be interested to know. I have daz and it has changed quite a bit. Thanks if I posted in the wrong area sorry ..just move me!
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 2:55 AM
thanks so much for this. i got poser today and plan on trying this out over the weekend
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Núkumnëhtar : 31st Dec 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sher5
Has anyone tried using the new daz they came out with a new one? I would be interested to know. I have daz and it has changed quite a bit. Thanks if I posted in the wrong area sorry ..just move me!

The new Daz can import .obj files I know (just make sure its says Poser in the preset field when importing). The magnets can also be found by selecting import and finding them, when it say can't find the Poser directory click locate and click them open again. Now make sure you click View>Tabs>Parameters and leave it open. Now open View>Tabs>D-Form and click add Nodes and highlight all the magnets and click accept. Now click Spawn Morph, create the name, and just follow the rest of Xenos' Tutorial (or themysticalone's at InSim). Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:07 PM
I'm sorry if this is an old thread, but does anyone know the settings at import/export in Daz studio? I tested several times with different settings and I always end up with an exploding mesh, even if I just import and export the obj in daz and don't import the magnets.

Any help would be appreciated.
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 8:52 AM
thnx alot!

I allied with the GROX
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 1:54 AM
Default problem in poser
So I finally got the magnet to show up in poser but now i have another problem...

This is a pic of me showing you that i got the magnet to appear..

And here comes the problem.. Here's the picture of how the magnet looks once i click on it to use it..

Does anyone know why this is happening. I followed the tutorial to use magnets from start to finish so i dont know whats wrong with this magnet.
Page 3 of 3