Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Related apt glitches? Fix stuck preganancy in inactive Sim when not pregnant as active, separator door complaint, visible backyards?
Hi, I've checked the custom content by deleting and all that. It's not that. I ran Hoodchecker and did some repair with batbox... I still have questions.... I am playing a strongly interconnected group of 4 households all on an apartment lot, so there are 4 possible active families but everyone around them in the communal areas are always the same sims from the other three households. There are three glitches that may or may not be related.

The first glitch is that one Sim, when played in the active household seems fine. But, when we return to, at least, two of the other households, she appears in varying stages of a pregnancy that ended quite some time ago (the twins are in school with all 4 active scenarios and seem glitch-free). Deleting her with cheat/force error did nothing, she still waddled but wasn't really pregnant. I researched and finally used insim object to make her pregnant again and then batbox to nuke the pregnancy token. She seems to have stopped waddling, but she still doesn't look the same way she does when active (she wears her original teen clothes when not active - she's changed clothes as an adult when active - though age/work are consistent in all play. My question is, since she's in varying stages when active/inactive, is this really the best way to fix her? I ask because, I have these two other glitches, so I am going to restore the backup and look at this issue again.

Second glitch one particular character constantly stops and complains that she can't get past an invisible object or into an apt or whatever she means, no matter where she is on the lot, active or inactive. I can stop her for a minute by resetting her, forcing her to "go here" etc, but it's clearly a glitch - Her thought bubble shows the apartment separator door icon, not the footsteps - so something with the apartments? I tried various batbox things, nothing seemed to work, but not sure what I should be looking for. I tried nuking trash memories and fixing apartment residencies to fix her, but, the reason I want to restore the neighborhood and try again is because I don't like how everyone behaved when I nuked trash and gossip memories. They are suddenly far stupider than they were before, losing all autonomy to find the toilets and fridges, etc. Yuck.

Third and the real reason I think something is really wrong with the lot and want to try again to fix it. For most of the time that I've been playing this, at least a couple of irl weeks now, I have been able to see and interact with objects in the outdoor backyards of each apartment, no matter which apartment I'm playing. Iow, I can see into each apartment all the time, in the parts of the apartments that are outdoors. I only realized last night when nuking various things and removing CC that this is, actually, not a feature of the game, but a glitch. (Occasionally, I also had the issue of seeing dark profiles of inactive sims whistling inside their apartment that made the game lag, but I could usually stop them doing that and get them to fade out again.) The backyards, oth, were clear with active objects (no sims) all the time. I tended to keep insim objects out there and use them across households, for instance. This is too bad it's a glitch. It's a great advantage in play, but, I do want to know what it means. When I nuked memories and temporarily deleted CC and all that, the backyards went back to being invisible, but again, I want to restore and try again so I don't want to nuke things that aren't the issue. So... what do you think is the problem with the lot?

I went through a lot of testing - all the stuff in the wiki and a bit more - but I can't find a particular cause, particularly of the visible backyards.

I have tremendously enjoyed this type of play with the long-term community in the small apartments with large communal areas so I want to understand what is going on and how to keep this lot or another like it healthier, if possible. Does any of this sound like it's all related? Can anyone tell me the best fixes?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:57 PM
You can see the backyards, but they look a little fuzzy, like lot imposters. Which they are. And you certainly shouldn't be able to use anything there without sending an active sim into the apartment and to the back door.

First thing to do would be to take a screenshot (not a game snapshot, a screenshot, nice and big with good lighting) of the apartments in plan view. That way we'll be able to spot any flaws in the design. Apartments have very complex coding and as a result are tricky to build. A lot of glitches can be caused by having the wrong kind of separator in the wrong place.

How does the sim who appears as a pregnant teen even though she's an adult who's given birth appear when she appears on a community lot while another household is active? That should give us a hint as to whether the problem's in the lot or in the sim.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 12th Jan 2018 at 10:41 PM.
Ok, I can't seem to get a great screen shot (still working on it). When I use prtscr, it ignores the sims screen and captures whatever is behind it, like this page, but this is the backyards. (Is there a trick for getting prtscrn to work in the game?) They are not fuzzy at all (I've seen that in other apt views). They are clear as day. I can click on the objects and use them myself. I can tell the active sim from another household to "go there" but he doesn't. It stays in the queue for a minute and then disppears. If I force error delete an object, it is reset when i return in a different household, the way community lots reset for different active visitors. If I remove all CC and just put plain Maxis chairs there, it's the same. Clear view, my interactions, etc.
Backyards
And this is the layout. I have not used any build cheats after the initial build and zone change and it had no errors during the changing zones, etc. When I deleted all CC it still had backyard visibility, but after I "fixed" all sorts of memories/tokens/etc., it went back to having no backyard visibility, so I don't think it's the layout. I also tested with different object, but couldn't find any certain object that was a problem. As I said, they all seem to behave the same way.
Layout

If I send her to a community lot as the active sim, she looks fine, but the weird thing is that when she is not active, she is at different stages. In the household, where I just nuked her pregnancy token, she dresses like a teen and, I think, stopped waddling (she never had a bump, just a waddle). [EDIT: No, still waddling.] In another household where she is not active, she is third trimester, full bump, full maternity clothes, so nuking the token had no effect there in the "parallel dimension" - cue Star Trek theme. It seems to depend on which household is active how she looks.

I've done some more testing. She is still waddling. I have made her pregnant and nuked the token and forced error/reset and deleted and it doesn't matter. She comes waddling up, albeit in different clothes (from the maternity/adult back to teen). I can't tell if the different maternity clothes means anything or not. If she's in the teen clothes, likely they don't have a maternity version so that's why she has no bump. When she's in the regular maternity clothes she looks far along. I don't know what's going on with her. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible there are multiple tokens. Like when the crazy restock signs spawn all over. Once I deleted one and it appeared to still be there. I deleted again and again and then it became clear that they were deleting, there were just about 8-10 piled on top of each other. Is that possible with this?

In SimPE, it says she's just fat. Maybe she's just pretending it's still "baby weight".
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:42 AM
*Little bump*

So, in a decade of playing Sims 2, surely someone has seen a sim stuck pregnant, but only when inactive and visible backyards in apartments, right? Or one sim who can't seem to walk around normally without thinking something is in the way? Any ideas what's going on?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:03 AM
Sims who look pregnant but are not is fairly common. You might want to look at them in simpe.

For screenshots try Fraps.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sims who look pregnant but are not is fairly common. You might want to look at them in simpe.

For screenshots try Fraps.

I'm hoping these (EDITED #1) screen shots are better.

I have looked at her, she's just fat in SimPE. I've now made her re-pregnant (with InSim) and then nuked the pregnancy token (batbox) with each of the other households active. We'll see if that fixes her. It definitely did not fix her just doing it once or twice. Still, when she's active, she's not pregnant or pregnant looking and she dresses differently - not in her original teen clothes.

I still have clearly visible and clickable objects in backyards of each apartment even when inactive.

And the one sim who complains continually about not being able to walk around anything. I would simply have her move out but she has this great dog that is a doggy star and I don't want to lose him or remove him from her. They are close.

It's still playable, but it's clearly borked somehow. I found a forgotten spawned lot adjuster in the communal area with one household. Surely that shouldn't have been there, since there should be nothing different in the communal area in any one active household, so I removed it. No change that I can see.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:30 AM
I've had other apartments show up when they shouldn't as well. I would just make a backup, run hood checker, fix what you can and keep playing. Apartments are buggy things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:05 AM
I've had something like what you describe with the pregnant sim. Two families in the apartment unit and when I played the first family, I saw a sim from the second family walk by with a pregnant waddle and normal clothes. She wasn't pregnant when I loaded her apartment, but she had been pregnant the last time I played Family 1, so I figured the game just remembered that.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
I've had something like what you describe with the pregnant sim. Two families in the apartment unit and when I played the first family, I saw a sim from the second family walk by with a pregnant waddle and normal clothes. She wasn't pregnant when I loaded her apartment, but she had been pregnant the last time I played Family 1, so I figured the game just remembered that.

I'm thinking of it as a alternate dimension.

I know what you mean. I keep thinking the game will catch up with her "real life" if I keep playing, but not so far.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I've had other apartments show up when they shouldn't as well. I would just make a backup, run hood checker, fix what you can and keep playing. Apartments are buggy things.

My strategy so far, too. I sure would like to know what's going on, with just the backyards visible, but, honestly, I think every time I've played Sims 2 over the last few years, I play intensively for a few weeks and it always ends in total neighborhood melt down and then I start over a year or two later, so... typical, I guess. That apartment has been so great to play, though. I'm really attached to my little community there. I'm now wondering if it had anything to do with my use of inSim's temporal adjuster. I think that both the pregnant look alike and the character who can't seem to walk around things were the ones that way back in the game I set their age to suit my story purposes. I don't think I did that with anyone else. Hmmmm.