Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Bslaydon : 17th Jan 2018 at 4:07 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing cc stairs not allowed: Solved
Recently I have had a problem with installing cc stairs in my game. I have all sims 2 games. About 2 months ago I to wipe my hard drive. When I reinstalled all of the Sims 2 games I used the discs instead of going through Origin. When they were installed, I chose to forgo registering each of the disc. Now when I try to add cc stairs in the modular stairs script it tells me I am not authorized to make changes. I have tried installing the stairs In Apartment Life, Mansions & Gardens and The Sims 2. Each time I get the same message. Would not registering the games be the reason I'm unable to install the cc stairs, or is there another reason?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:52 AM
Not registering the discs has nothing to do with it. You most likely need to run your game as the administrator - I'm not sure if it's the same with other versions of Windows but for Windows7 you would right click the shortcut on your desktop and click on Run as administrator.

OR: you could try copying the modularstairs text from C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts onto your desktop (or in a folder somewhere) and making the changes to that. Save and move (drag and drop, copy/paste or cut/paste) it back to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. It should just replace the existing file that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Not registering the discs has nothing to do with it. You most likely need to run your game as the administrator - I'm not sure if it's the same with other versions of Windows but for Windows7 you would right click the shortcut on your desktop and click on Run as administrator.

OR: you could try copying the modularstairs text from C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts onto your desktop (or in a folder somewhere) and making the changes to that. Save and move (drag and drop, copy/paste or cut/paste) it back to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. It should just replace the existing file that way.

Thank you! I will try both of those to see if either one of those works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:00 PM
Is there a reason why you're doing it the hard way, rather than using Scriptorium?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Is there a reason why you're doing it the hard way, rather than using Scriptorium?

Hey now, I do things the hard way all the time!

Oh, you weren't talking to me, lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha

I've always done it the old way. Looks like I'll have to use Scriptorium. No matter what I try, the old way won't work. Thanks for the input.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:36 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
is it marked read only?

It is and I'm not sure how to change it. But, anyway, Scriptorium worked. Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! Now back to playing.

Thanks you guys for your help. I really appreciate it.