Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6851 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
Maxis never made a single hoodie for young adult female sims. Weren't they a thing in the 2000s? Did 2005 university students not wear hoodies? Weren't zip up ones at least a popular thing? What the heck Eaxis?? Oh also I think the Sims 3 probably did university a lot better, with its actual need to study, and it's degree specific objects to use, it actually seems like someone at least talked to students while making it. Also smartphones and social media are just a little more relevant to today but that's actually not important especially since the game is from 2004-2008, so yeah. 3 has tuition, some whiteboards, study groups, and older students, where as 2 doesn't. University students in 2 have it easy, EASY

Sims 2 devs disliked lectures. They liked dorm life.

I read about this somewhere.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6852 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 3:23 PM
Hoodies were very much a thing in mid-2000s universities, if the lectures I was in when a student back then were anything to go by (they were usually worn with the hood down unless the weather was awful, so the developers didn't even have that awkward neck/body animation issue to contend with).

Mind you, the students at my dorms often seemed to have trouble with self-catering facilities, not to mention trying to juggle working at businesses with lectures...
Alchemist
#6853 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:22 AM
Whoa! Is there an effect of water running off the roof when it rains?!
Inventor
#6854 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Whoa! Is there an effect of water running off the roof when it rains?!

Yep, here is example pic, water runs down while raining.
Alchemist
#6855 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Yep, here is example pic, water runs down while raining.

Yeah, I guess I never happened to zoom in on the roof while it was raining was before!
Lab Assistant
#6856 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:21 PM
That sims can stuff their faces directly from the fridge when hungry enough! I feel like I’ve heard about this but never seen it. I’m sure I’m late on discovering/witnessing this, but I literally take years off at a time with this game, so I still find basic things out when I’m back on a playing kick as I currently am.
Instructor
#6857 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:24 AM
I had two sims on a date, and one of them had a fear of their date smelling bad. I didn't know that was a thing. It's highly realistic too.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#6858 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:58 AM
I also have something I did not know. Sims can *cry* sitting on a chair...lol
I mean, I know they will show some sadness and worrying behavior when their aspiration go south, but calmly sitting? I just never saw it happened. Poor Sadie, nothing seems to be working right now.
Job is hard to find, money is slowly running away, a 4th kid on the way...
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6859 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:05 AM
You can make money from selling aspiration rewards - LOTS of money. EVEN if they are set to RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP. Found that out when my mad scientist 'invented' the Simvac. Now he's selling them behind his eldest son's back, and his second son went off to live on his own after marrying a townie who rolled wolf/plantsim. Yup. Dogwood.
Mad Poster
#6860 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I also have something I did not know. Sims can *cry* sitting on a chair...lol
I mean, I know they will show some sadness and worrying behavior when their aspiration go south, but calmly sitting? I just never saw it happened. Poor Sadie, nothing seems to be working right now.
Job is hard to find, money is slowly running away, a 4th kid on the way...

I have a pic of that from way back when I was testing my roach mod.

He's crying because he isn't allowed to spray the roaches. XD
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6861 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:09 AM
lol!!! Poor thing, you are SO cruel...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6862 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:08 AM
He's only there because you can't make an animal only lot, so he can sit there and be grateful that I'm incapable of just building a box for my test sims.
Mad Poster
#6863 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I had two sims on a date, and one of them had a fear of their date smelling bad. I didn't know that was a thing. It's highly realistic too.

Were cologne their turned on? wouldn't that be its source?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6864 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 1:39 PM
Could also be the sim has high neat points, maybe?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#6865 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:36 PM
Today happened something that I have never seen before:

Natasha Una, which in my game is owner of Mostly Modern Art Museum, get a job offer to Counter Intelligence, from guy which played with her in museum. She accepted it.

Then she go to work. Chance card appeared:

Quote:
The enemy has made recent headway with its latest attempt to crack the SimCity Security Systems Database. <Sim> has been assigned to launch targeted counter-intelligence measures, but with the highly classified nature of all information within the agency, <Sim> finds himself/herself in the embarrassing position of not knowing exactly who the "enemy" is. He/She tosses a few subtle questions out while in the lunch line, but begins to get the distinct feeling that no one in the bureau has any idea who or what it is that they are fighting against. However, orders are orders, and <Sim> is going to have to come up with something. He/She could play it new school, unleashing a horde of his newly coded "double-agent" firewall replicator network probes, or he/she could keep it old school and go with a barrage of wire taps and traces.

I answered incorrectly and Natasha was fired.
Mad Poster
#6866 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that that's the chance card that ended Gloria's military career, and pretty well ended me doing chance cards; she was so upset! Being a modern girl, Gloria chose the "new school" route but the fuddy-duddy old army wanted it done by the book. It didn't work out too badly in the end; Andrew eventually persuaded her to look in the paper for another job, and the Veronaville All-Stars were looking for a mascot. Now she's fulfilling her dream as their star player.

What really rankles with me still (and I'm sure with Gloria and Andrew too) is that the army gave her a Dishonourable Discharge. An error of judgement perhaps, but Gloria, dishonourable? There's not a single dishonourable atom in Gloria's makeup. Is there no right of appeal in the Sims universe?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#6867 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 24th Feb 2019 at 1:18 AM.
I assume this is common knowledge by now, but I just found out a few minutes ago that Sims can buy different video games!! I was so sick of SSX, and when Rick Contrary rolled a want to see a community lot, I found out I could buy other games like Spore and MySims!

ETA: I just started looking through these forums after posting this, and while I did, Rick messaged Violet Jocque on the computer and invited her over! Never saw that before!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#6868 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:08 PM
Apparently, if a sim is pregnant and happens to get her first bump when she is formal clothes, she will change into the formal outfit Brandi Broke has and get her bump in that outfit. I don't know why they don't allow for them to change into formal wear though, guess it might have been in case you invite a pregnant sim to a wedding and she needs formal clothes.
Also, while poking around I also found that apparently the short nightgown-looking sleepwear and the long not-flowy-skirted formalwear also have pregnancy meshes, as well as all the swimwears, underwears, and some maxis shirts too, for some reason.
Mad Poster
#6869 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 24th Feb 2019 at 9:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Apparently, if a sim is pregnant and happens to get her first bump when she is formal clothes, she will change into the formal outfit Brandi Broke has and get her bump in that outfit. I don't know why they don't allow for them to change into formal wear though, guess it might have been in case you invite a pregnant sim to a wedding and she needs formal clothes.
Also, while poking around I also found that apparently the short nightgown-looking sleepwear and the long not-flowy-skirted formalwear also have pregnancy meshes, as well as all the swimwears, underwears, and some maxis shirts too, for some reason.

As a side note, I've noticed that whenever my young adult sims get pregnant and I try to change their maternity outfit, this outfit (in blue) is always an option. It's never used (or atleast I don't think it is, I think YA wear the same maternity as teens) but it's got appropriate morphs.

Not sure why it's there. If it's an inteen thing, or if it's there for other reasons? I think it appears as an option for adults too.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#6870 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:21 PM
I discovered that if your sim gets electrocuted (in my case it was TV), this can cause fire.
Also I've discovered that mod for much more dangerous fire is working very well.
Alchemist
#6871 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:49 AM
Was just mucking about in the lonely part of the catalog, and I had never seen this before....
Instructor
#6872 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Was just mucking about in the lonely part of the catalog, and I had never seen this before....

Well, today I discovered that Sims can sit on the statute and read a newspaper.
Top Secret Researcher
#6873 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 12:56 AM
Paaaaul Bunyan's, where food is good. (but not too good, eh?)

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#6874 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
Well, today I discovered that Sims can sit on the statute and read a newspaper.

With help.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/473731...hair-omsps.html
Mad Poster
#6875 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:42 PM
Appearantly, your Sim can get electrocuted and break the hottub when trying to tinker with it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 275 of 442