Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 2:17 PM
dyreplus, store content is perfectly okay. It's grouped in the same category as expansion or stuff pack stuff.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
dyreplus, store content is perfectly okay. It's grouped in the same category as expansion or stuff pack stuff.
Okay, thank you I just didn't want to take a shot and get in trouble because some store content was in there. D:
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 3:10 PM
nanatoana, your picture is 1024 x 768 so it will need to be cropped some. Please edit your post and let me know when you've done so.

simsgal2227, your picture is 1024 x 655. If you still have an uncropped version, I'd recommend starting with that and cropping it to the right dimensions or taking the picture over so you don't lose any quality.

Everyone else, I am adding you to the table now.

I have resized the image to 800 x 600.

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 3:17 PM Last edited by nanatoana : 18th Nov 2013 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Resize Image to 1000x750
Default September

September

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 3:27 PM
Nanatoana, it might be worth reading over the first post again. Even at 800x600, your images are still the wrong size, but now too small.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 4:23 AM
First contest I join! Yay!

I choose: January

BRAINSTRIP | The media lab.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 4:01 PM
July
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 9:01 PM

LOL heaven. I like the update to the 1st post.

nanatoana: Yeah! I was wondering when you were going to throw your hat into this contest. (PS: I cant sent any more messages because you're mail is full, AND I'm almost completely finished my new lot. I'm taking screenshots now)

easypeaze: I love your camp site
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 11:33 PM
February

Test Subject
#85 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 11:58 PM
Sweet November

Test Subject
#86 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:11 AM
My Entry To the contest November / Thanksgiving
This Is my Entry I hope you like it :lovestruc
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#87 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:15 AM
Which picture do you want to enter? You have to pick one.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The other one
#88 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 6:58 AM
Faprod, easypeaze and wild4sims are added to the table now.

I was MIA for a few days and I think the entries have tripled since I was last able to poke my nose in! There are some really lovely ones too, makes you really appreciate how purty the game can be sometimes :lovestruc

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#89 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 12:05 AM
Default December
Yeah, cliched, but here is my submission for December.

Field Researcher
#90 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:09 AM

December
Field Researcher
#91 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:11 AM
All quiet on the snowy front. January

Lab Assistant
#92 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 5:05 PM Last edited by nanatoana : 18th Nov 2013 at 5:17 PM.
Nanatoana, it might be worth reading over the first post again. Even at 800x600, your images are still the wrong size, but now too small.

So sorry! Both entries have been resized to 1000x750.

Quote: Originally posted by Diwtay

LOL heaven. I like the update to the 1st post.

nanatoana: Yeah! I was wondering when you were going to throw your hat into this contest. (PS: I cant sent any more messages because you're mail is full, AND I'm almost completely finished my new lot. I'm taking screenshots now)

@diwtay: Your beautiful pictures inspired me! I'm just hoping they aren't too late and/or I wasn't too dense on the size to get them considered in time! Gratz on getting your tomb lot done! I can't wait to play it!

Lab Assistant
#93 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanatoana
@diwtay: Your beautiful pictures inspired me! I'm just hoping they aren't too late and/or I wasn't too dense on the size to get them considered in time! Gratz on getting your tomb lot done! I can't wait to play it!

Ty, I hope my lots get reviewed soon. I have 3 pending. *gives moderators puppy eyed stares*
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diwtay
Ty, I hope my lots get reviewed soon. I have 3 pending. *gives moderators puppy eyed stares*
lmao, I hope so too

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 12:51 AM
My entry is for April.. because April showers bring May flowers
Field Researcher
#96 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 4:40 AM Last edited by simsgal2227 : 19th Nov 2013 at 5:02 AM.
Ah, just saw the post that i have to resize...will do, probably tomorrow. Cant believe i forgot that part!

Edit:

Hmm... Wait.. My pic was only 655 pixels high? I did take it on partial screen, but it fills up just about as much space as it does in full screen.. Why would that be? I dont think my laptop is particularly small either... S yeah... I didnt crop my picture.

Edit again: no, looking at these other pictures, i dont think ive even taken a picture so square. My pics always look wider than others... So does someone know how to fix this or can i not participate since my pics arent tall enough...?
The other one
#97 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 6:12 AM
Fizzy9, Peterskywalker!, elitezen and nanatoana, you're all added to the table now

Please remember to keep general chit-chat to the chat thread and Diwtay, please put the puppy dog eyes away or I may cry In all seriousness though, I think there is a little bit of a backlog in the queue. I'm sorry that you've had to wait. Not sure if it’s that mods are busy with real life or busy with overhauling guidelines (I suspect a bit of both) but I hope it starts to clear up soon for you.

Simsgal, I’m not all that knowledgeable on this stuff so perhaps someone will come along with a better answer but have you tried playing full screen or altering the screen size in settings to the largest that will fit your screen?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2227
Ah, just saw the post that i have to resize...will do, probably tomorrow. Cant believe i forgot that part!

Edit:

Hmm... Wait.. My pic was only 655 pixels high? I did take it on partial screen, but it fills up just about as much space as it does in full screen.. Why would that be? I dont think my laptop is particularly small either... S yeah... I didnt crop my picture.

Edit again: no, looking at these other pictures, i dont think ive even taken a picture so square. My pics always look wider than others... So does someone know how to fix this or can i not participate since my pics arent tall enough...?

I use GIMP to resize and edit my pics. It works really well, and is easy to use. It will let you resize, AND maintain as much quality as you possibly can when you have to downsize your pics.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 6:30 PM
Hi! This is my entry:

The Northern Lights - December

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#100 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 7:13 PM
@missroxor- i understand. And i will try to take it on full screen, i just dont think my pics are ever that big.

@nanatoa- i think you misunderstood. I dont need to make it smaller (well, slightly width wise), but my picture was not tall enough. I do use gimp.

Page 4 of 6