Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:59 PM Last edited by TDGOH : 5th Aug 2012 at 9:44 PM.
mod making in 3Ds Max
hello,

First I want to say sorry for my bad English, I'm dysletic, sorry.

Then, I'm a proud owner of 3Ds Max 2013, chanced lately from 2010. I need this program for school you see, I now have it ad home ether. However, since this is a payd program, and a great one (just seeing, they use it for making Call of Duty, Kindom Hearts ect.) and it took me a lot of time to understand it, I would love to be able to use it for making mod in TS2. However all tutorials around here are for Milkscare. I understand this is a good program for a good price, but since I have my precius Max (wich is one of the best 3D programs for game making, but also one of the most expensive, seeing its around the 3900.00 dollar excluding tax) I wish too use that.

However since all tutorial are made for Milkscape, I will need some help. I can make stuff and I can texture map (wich I normaly use for making MikuMikuDance models in 3D Anime), I just need help with some few things:

*How can I (or can I even) get a basic base model (if needed I can use a underwear model) into max?
*How can I putt a model back from Max into TS2
*what does a model al need to go from Max into TS2 (like where must I put physics, since I've seen the hair moves lightly when rotating in CAS, is that physics or a motion, and how should the bones on my model be callt, wich bones must I make? Must I make facials if I make a head ect.)
* ow do I make the black white texture map, since I only know how to make a colord map over the hole model. Do I just need to use the colored map and make the using part white and the unused part black, and is here a basic map for?

Again know how to model, or to unrap a UVW map in Max. How to make bones and physics you don't need to tell, I just need to know what to do to make it compatible with TS2.

I get it if you don't know, since Max is an expensive programm, but I really hope that there is someone who can help me.

Alredy thank and again, sorry for bad English!

TDGOH
Advertisement
Interstellar Traveler
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 2:38 AM
Hrm.. You might have better luck here since this is the site issues forum, and you will most likely not get the help you are wanting here

Also, these tutorials are nice: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...S:Sims_2_Create Though, I don't know if all the things you are wanting to do include instructions for 3Ds Max.

(I'm no TS2 expert, so I am unsure if you are able to mesh in 3Ds Max.. though, if it has a .obj import/export.. then that should be fine; but you should refer to the TS2 meshing forums for more information)

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SeeMyu
Hrm.. You might have better luck here since this is the site issues forum, and you will most likely not get the help you are wanting here

Also, these tutorials are nice: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...S:Sims_2_Create Though, I don't know if all the things you are wanting to do include instructions for 3Ds Max.

(I'm no TS2 expert, so I am unsure if you are able to mesh in 3Ds Max.. though, if it has a .obj import/export.. then that should be fine; but you should refer to the TS2 meshing forums for more information)

Yes I can make a mesh, and export to .obj. Max can construct (almost) everything. the only thing it doesn't seem to be able to, is export to .x without a plug-in (wich autodesk don't make for this, you need one made by random people)

And thanks for the forum, I'm quite new to ths MTS forum, I used to just download, so I didn't know that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:04 AM
I moved your thread for you.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 1:01 PM
What type of mods do you want to make? You can certainly make static object mods using pretty much any 3D tool you like, as long as you can make low-poly, UV-mapped models and export them. If you want to do bodyshop meshing (changing clothing or hair) or animated objects, then that's going to be a bit more difficult.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 8:38 PM
Default Max
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
What type of mods do you want to make? You can certainly make static object mods using pretty much any 3D tool you like, as long as you can make low-poly, UV-mapped models and export them. If you want to do bodyshop meshing (changing clothing or hair) or animated objects, then that's going to be a bit more difficult.

Thats actually the problem, I want to do bodyshop, making clothing for the main part, maybe some hair later. Its dificult indeed, if there would just be some kind of package importer for 3DS Max 2013 (I have it now) I could just import the body (from a swimsuit or something) make it in Max and (I will also need an exporter) and then export to .package again. But I haven't found anything yet, not even a Maxscript (custum made plug-in made within Max, its that I don't know how to use them, else I could do it myself).

I just think, I can import .obj, some way I can make the .package file to a .obj? then I can edit and export to a .obj and then I need a way to make it a .package again (Internet gave me a solution for that, the MTS2 Sims 2 Mesh Tool). I only need to get the .package to a .obj.

It can do as well low poly as high ones. Since its also made for making games, wich are mostly low poly, render to looks smoother, so you don't need a way to expensive PC to be able to play. I must just remember to not ad meshsmooth or anything of the like ^^.