Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:04 PM Last edited by raynuss : 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:22 PM.
Default Linking Accessory to Object-SOLVED
I'm making an object that's cloned from the dartboard and it uses a custom mesh for the dart. How do I link the new object and the new dart mesh so it will use the new dart mesh? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help...
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:00 AM
i dont think this is possible unless you make it a replacement, but hopefully i am wrong....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:34 AM
It is possible. I have a dartboard with custom darts that isn't a replacement done by another creator. I just haven't figured out how she did it and she isn't available to ask.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 2:37 PM
Generally the object is called in a BHAV by it's GUID. So you want to find the original BHAV that calls that accessory and then replace the GUID with your custom one. You may have to import the semi global that calls it, as by default it may not be pulled into the package when cloning.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:21 PM
Fantastic! I did as you said...imported the semiglobals and changed the GUID (in four different BHAV's) to the GUID of my custom dart and...VOILA!... it works! Thanks so very very much for your sage advise. You're the best!