Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 12:05 PM Last edited by MartelRaykin : 17th Mar 2023 at 1:24 PM.
Default [Mod Constructor V5] Can't export sim 4 trait package
Hello !

This is my first time posting on MTS forums so I'm hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.

I've used the science baby feature to have a kid with the reaper and since it doesn't do anything for the child (and the game's Grim Reaper trait blocks needs, I don't really want that for my sim), I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a custom "Child of the Reaper" trait with special interactions, buffs and features. I had used Zerbu's mod creator before but it was year ago and I'm a little confused with the new version. Still, I manage to put in mostly everything I wanted in the trait, but I can't seem to be able to export it, so I must have made a mistake somewhere and I don't know how to fix it.

Everytime I try I have this error message :
Quote:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

à Constructor5.Elements.Interactions.Shared.InteractionTemplateComponentBase.OnExport(InteractionExportContext context)
à Constructor5.Elements.Interactions.Mixer.MixerInteraction.Constructor5.Base.Export.IExportableElement.OnExport()
à Constructor5.Base.ExportSystem.Exporter.ExportElements()
à Constructor5.Base.ExportSystem.Exporter.Export()
à Constructor5.UI.Main.ExportCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
à MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
à System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
à System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
à System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
à System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
à System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
à System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
à System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
à System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
à System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
à System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
à System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I have no clue what any of this means and I don't know how to fix it, or if it's a mistake I made during the trait creation or while installing the program.

If someone could help me figure it out it would be greatly appreciated, I'm not really good with programming.

PS : also if someone knows how to make it so the trait is automatically given to a baby if its parent has a certain trait (Grim Reaper in this case), I'd love to know ♥

Thank you !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MartelRaykin
Hello !

This is my first time posting on MTS forums so I'm hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.

I've used the science baby feature to have a kid with the reaper and since it doesn't do anything for the child (and the game's Grim Reaper trait blocks needs, I don't really want that for my sim), I decided to take matters into my own hands and create a custom "Child of the Reaper" trait with special interactions, buffs and features. I had used Zerbu's mod creator before but it was year ago and I'm a little confused with the new version. Still, I manage to put in mostly everything I wanted in the trait, but I can't seem to be able to export it, so I must have made a mistake somewhere and I don't know how to fix it.

Everytime I try I have this error message :

I have no clue what any of this means and I don't know how to fix it, or if it's a mistake I made during the trait creation or while installing the program.

If someone could help me figure it out it would be greatly appreciated, I'm not really good with programming.

PS : also if someone knows how to make it so the trait is automatically given to a baby if its parent has a certain trait (Grim Reaper in this case), I'd love to know ♥

Thank you !

Download the new beta 10 release. It is an error with mixer interactions -> https://github.com/Zerbu/Mod-Constr...ag/v5.0-beta.10
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 1:23 AM
Using the latest version is a must because coding has changed a lot in the last year, and depending on which version you're using, it won't work. If using the latest doesn't seem to work and you get the same response, I also suggest posting it on Zerbu's Discord channel https://discord.com/invite/r9SrU9B and see what they say.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th May 2023 at 12:16 PM
To make your custom trait inheritable by your child, you need to use the MAL22 traits tracker injector. Search on Google.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jun 2023 at 2:30 AM
Out of curiosity, how did you have a science baby with the grim reaper? I've been trying to do this for weeks and haven't been successful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 2:44 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna check it out and try it out. If it works well, maybe I'll upload it at some point.

Quote: Originally posted by jwingrider
Out of curiosity, how did you have a science baby with the grim reaper? I've been trying to do this for weeks and haven't been successful.

I added the reaper to my household, then had him have the science baby with my sim (from his phone), then took him out of the household.