Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:55 PM
Default Hotmail Server Password Problems?
Is anyone else having problems with Hotmail failing to sign in over server password problems? Mine failed to sign in on my phone and tablet, saying the server password has changed, and I'm concerned by account has been hacked. I just want to know if signing in is broken again.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:38 PM
I use Live (which is what Hotmail is now called) and it's working fine. I suggest trying webmail, and if that works, there's probably a problem with how your mobile email app is set up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 4:26 PM
Wow... I didn't even know Hotmail still existed.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:40 PM
In the interests of safety, I've switched most of my e-mail accounts to my YT e-mail. But it keeps reminding me sign in has failed, and I'm too scared to delete it because it might delete all of my contacts.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 8:21 PM
Well, just logging out of it on your phone won't delete the account. If you have been hacked, all you need to do is login at hotmail.com and change your password; it really doesn't sound like you've been hacked, but since you're worried, you might as well change the password anyway, especially if it's not secure (is not either A) longer than ~12 caracters, contains uppercase and lowercase letters as well as numbers and symbols or B) a long phrase that doesn't make sense with multiple words and punctuation). Although if Hotmail is like Live then it won't actually let you pick a secure password, which is really fracking stupid.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 8:19 PM
Well damn me, @Nysha , I just deleted that account from my tablet out of pure annoyance of that damn notification. That account is dead.