Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Trouble installing and running game from alternate drive
I have all of the Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Packs, but I've never had them all installed at the one time because the game always gets sluggish with a few packs. I read somewhere that having a lot of hard drive space can help the game run. I have two alternate drives on my laptop, both of which have 500+ GBs, and I read that Sims 3 can be installed on an alternate drive. So I set to work doing that. I hit a I/O error, and managed to navigate that. I also hit a CRC error, and managed to navigate that one too.

However, when I tried installing Fast Lane Stuff, there was an error in updating the game, even though my internet connection is strong and secure. I decided to have a break from installation and try running the game instead. I had read that when running the game from an alternate drive, you need to run the game direct from the .exe instead of the Launcher. So I tried that, but it gave me the following error: "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)".

I've tried cleaning the registry with CCleaner, I've tried restarting, I've tried deleting cache files, I really don't know what to do. I know I should have tested out the running of the game earlier in the process, but I guess I was just so excited that it was actually installing.

Has anyone successfully installed and run their game from an alternate drive? Have you been able to solve this particular issue? If so, how did you manage that? Have I done anything incorrectly? Should I try this again a different way? I really want to make this work, because I'd love to actually be able to make the most out of both my extra HD space and the games I've invested so much money in.