Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:48 AM
Default UV Mapping Issue???
I am currently working on a crop top (pictured below). I am nearly finished, but I can't seem to fix this issue. The texture of the shirt overlaps onto the skin. My best guess is that this is a UV Mapping issue, but I haven't the slightest clue. I'm also not sure how to go about fixing the problem.

PS. I have read through this thread , but not sure where to go from there.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:55 PM
To be honest, I find UV mapping with Blender easier. But it's just what a person prefers I guess. It doesn't HAVE to be a UV mapping problem. If you have a overlay of the uvmap and also import your texture into gimp or Photoshop, you might already see why It overlaps onto the skin. This fix will be much easier and less work, since I see you use TSRW for creating CC. And with less work I mean that if you would fix the problem with the uv instead of the texture itself, you need to export the mesh, give it morphs again, give it bones, etc. So I guess the best option is to just open up your uv map overlay in Photoshop and import the texture with it and see if the blue area is on the sim body or on your mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brysonjr
I am currently working on a crop top (pictured below). I am nearly finished, but I can't seem to fix this issue. The texture of the shirt overlaps onto the skin. My best guess is that this is a UV Mapping issue, but I haven't the slightest clue. I'm also not sure how to go about fixing the problem.

PS. I have read through this thread , but not sure where to go from there.

Well I discovered that the top did have a UV mapping issue. My attempt at fixing it resulted in this:
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 9:42 AM
Did you happen to have edited the sims 3 body (To where there are two navels)? because the sims 3 body should stay untouched. Could you show me a picture of your uv map maybe?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Did you happen to have edited the sims 3 body (To where there are two navels)? because the sims 3 body should stay untouched. Could you show me a picture of your uv map maybe?

Here you go. Sorry again for the infrequent replies.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:16 AM
Everything top related should always stay inside the top area. Else you'll get some weird coloured lines over your clothing and you might have experienced it yourself when accidentally downloading bad CC.

The underpart of the top is defenitly not where it should be. I should have been set higher. When UV mapping, Do never (Unless you're certain it's suppose to be that way) change the TS3 body texture. Else it won't generate correctly on the body correctly. (You might have seen these white with transparently textures within your project. They show the game where to generate it and where not.

So as you can see here, the waistline is right on the red line where it should be:

(The blue line represents where the splitting of the top and bottom are).

To fix it, I would say delete the waist part, import the sims body again. Select the part again, use Ctrl+i to invert selection and delete the part. Then, just simply select the top clothing part and use S+y and scale it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 10:33 AM
Everything top related should always stay inside the top area. Else you'll get some weird coloured lines over your clothing and you might have experienced it yourself when accidentally downloading bad CC.

The underpart of the top is defenitly not where it should be. I should have been set higher. When UV mapping, Do never (Unless you're certain it's suppose to be that way) change the TS3 body texture. Else it won't generate correctly on the body correctly. (You might have seen these white with transparently textures within your project. They show the game where to generate it and where not.

So as you can see here, the waistline is right on the red line where it should be:

(The blue line represents where the splitting of the top and bottom are).

To fix it, I would say delete the waist part, import the sims body again. Select the part again, use Ctrl+i to invert selection and delete the part. Then, just simply select the top clothing part and use S+y and scale it.

Okay, I'm just confused about the last bit: "use s+y and scale it." I'm assuming I should select the top clothing part in Texture Coordinate Editor in Milkshape and then scale. The thing is I did that-held down the s and y keys while pressing scale in TCE-, but nothing happened.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:38 PM
Oh no, I usually do the UV mapping in Blender so I didn't kept the fact that you could also do it in Milkshape in mind! >-< Anyway the shortcuts are for Blender's Uv mapping. For Milkshape, I believe it's the same way like scaling the mesh. So the selection and scale buttons are the ones you should be focused on. But I would only scale it in height, not length.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 10:00 AM
Oh no, I usually do the UV mapping in Blender so I didn't kept the fact that you could also do it in Milkshape in mind! >-< Anyway the shortcuts are for Blender's Uv mapping. For Milkshape, I believe it's the same way like scaling the mesh. So the selection and scale buttons are the ones you should be focused on. But I would only scale it in height, not length.

Could you direct me to a tutorial on blender for creating CAS items. I've only found tutorials on creating objects and animations. I'd like to use blender, but it's a bit overwhelming. I can't even figure out how to open my CAS item(s) in blender to begin editing.
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 10:25 AM
If you mean your own CAS items. (On opening them), I would suggest exporting them as a OBJ the next time so you can re-import them. Or simply save them. I do have a tutorial on the entire progress of meshing it from a default sims body>TSRW to In-game result. With Blender of course.

Here you go! I hope you can find what you're looking for: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=580636