Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:59 PM
Default Pets and Sims uploads news - uploaders please read
Hi All,

With the re-accepting of pets (Cats and Dogs) by MTS2, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the custom content creators and members for being patient with us, but I would also like to point out some basic rules for these type of uploads.

Firstly, the rules for Pets are just as strict - if not more so - than the existing areas on the site. It is very easy to just slap on a particular colour body, a default face and then upload it. Don't do this!. Ask yourself prior to uploading "Would anybody else download this?". If you make a pet for yourself or for a small group of friends - share it elsewhere. We expect only the highest quality uploads on MTS2, and we intend to be very strict with the breeds that are uploaded.

Secondly, we are increasingly seeing Sims being uploaded which are basically a few bits of custom content thrown onto a default Maxis body. Again, you have to ask yourself "Why would anybody download this?". The key rules is that if it can be easily recreated from existing custom content, there is probably no need to actually upload it.

We want to see unique, great looking sims and pets here on MTS2 - our goal has always to have the best quality items, and we hope you understand the stricter rules on these items.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
What just happend?
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:48 PM
Well said Delphy!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:18 PM
are people going to continue to create hacks/mods for pets too. I would love to control them totally like a sim. I think it would be really cool if Merola's multi painting worked for pets too...
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:18 PM
thanks, i hate bad sims
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:24 PM
Now people will have hard time to make unique sims and pets here.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:40 PM
These are very sound guidelines. It is what I like about this site...top quality.
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:48 PM
Default High Standards Are Appreciated
I love that this place has standards. When my content is rejected it means I have to go back to the drawing board until I get it right and when it is accepted, it means I have done well. So long as this place continues to be fair and unbiased in its approval process, I will continue to support it and contribute my best efforts. Thanks Delphy for what I believe is the very best Sims2 download and support site available.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karwin
are people going to continue to create hacks/mods for pets too. I would love to control them totally like a sim. I think it would be really cool if Merola's multi painting worked for pets too...

You can control pets like sims with cheats.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:36 PM
Cool beans :-) I'll definitely upload what I've done so far when I get home tonight! Thanks :-)

Also of curiosity, and I'm not trying to be catty, will anyone be going through the pets that have already been uploaded to check that they meet the guidelines, or will they be grandfathered in?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:16 PM
I actually disagree with the first part of the post... I mean (sorry if I offend anybody) but I have found some interesting colour combinations on here that I wouldn't have thought of myself... and if slapping a new colour to an existing breed isn't good enough, I just think it's... well... wrong. These are my thoughts.

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Inventor
#11 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:19 PM
I agree with you Delphy. I know it's very difficult to find new and unique ideas - and it's more difficult to realize it. But everbody should have the aspiration to do the best - and upload the best. We don't need the 100's recolor of a Maxis door.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:45 PM
I dont post often and i have no idea how to create,recolor or anything but download. I think this a great idea and from the past i know the powers that be will use great discretion in deciding colors and styles that they accept. Thanks Delphy you run a great site
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arkali
will they be grandfathered in?

What does that mean?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:59 PM
Great, can't wait to see the Pets people put up :D

The rules have gotten [B]very[B/] strict though...I tried uploading something once that too me a long time to make and apparently it wasnt up the sites standards :confused: anyway..

Thanks for this Delphy

AC51

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
What does that mean?

Grandfathered means if we will be going over our past pets submissions and check them against the pets guidelines. Before we turned off pets submissions, we already did that partly because we knew that we'd be getting a rush of uploads once Pets came out. All the pets we currently have on MTS2 stay.

DDO
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angelcookie51
The rules have gotten [B]very[B/] strict though...I tried uploading something once that too me a long time to make and apparently it wasnt up the sites standards :confused: anyway..

In cases like this we really encourage you to utilize the creator feedback forum. You can post your item there and get honest, thought out and constructive feedback in regards to your upload.

Our goal is to have outstanding downloads and we like to help people become outstanding creators.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:56 PM
I'm agree with the idea.
Instructor
#18 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:21 PM
I just discovered this today, so it bears repeating here. The BodyShop of the Pets EP has been demonstrated to include custom meshes for clothing and hair. Sims2Pack Clean Installer has consistently bunged up the repackaging for me, even with the updated version. So I am a little lost how we are to proceed as mesh makers if our terms of use are being violated by EA/Maxis software.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:34 PM
i'm so glad you said something about all the sims that are being uploaded with maxis features. i get really frustrated trying to sift through all them to find truely unique sims. please, people, dont just upload to be uploading. follow the rules, delphy knows what he's doing. he's like the sims modding community god.
Instructor
#20 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:46 PM
ea did this to tell they they own all packages made for the sims 2
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:53 PM
Delphy, it's become more and more of an issue for those of us who do NOT have Pets installed, that Bodyshop uploads made with the Pets Bodyshop are sometimes not only incompatible, but can crash our games. My game was literally crashing to desktop right as it loaded until I managed to locate and remove those files, though some people only have trouble when they get into CAS.

Please make it a requirement for creators of new Bodyshop items to say if they used the Pets Bodyshop. I am afraid to download new clothing at this point. We are still only learning about this emerging problem, and while there is a fix using Legacy Bodyshop, many creators appear unaware there is an issue. This thing is much more serious than the dresses-as-tops problem was. BeosBoxboy's issue with Pets Bodyshop is also of major concern. It might in all honesty be better to require Pets players to use Legacy Bodyshop for uploads until if/when EA remedies this, because of the issue BeosBoxBoy raises above regarding meshes.
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:59 PM
i don't think it is a bug , but more of a feature put in.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 12:21 AM
Wow- I am impressed with your forethought and patience Delphy! I'd like to thank you for being strict with uploads as well- the quality of MTS2 is what I enjoy, not the quantity!
Scholar
#24 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beosboxboy
I just discovered this today, so it bears repeating here. The BodyShop of the Pets EP has been demonstrated to include custom meshes for clothing and hair. Sims2Pack Clean Installer has consistently bunged up the repackaging for me, even with the updated version. So I am a little lost how we are to proceed as mesh makers if our terms of use are being violated by EA/Maxis software.

You mean that they get in the .package just like custom content of a sim in a sims2pack?

And thanks for this delphy, I'm glad pets uploads are back and it's even better having strict rules
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:30 AM
The changes are reasonable and needed. Thank you .

You will find my older and newest creations here
Page 1 of 5