Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#326 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 2:04 AM
Default Last messages first & reverse posting order quit on me
Since doing some minor updating on my profile yesterday, I no longer get my default reads to be last-first in reverse order, and cannot find anywhere to fix that. I get the standard start at message 1 in chrnonlogical order.
I preferred the reverse mode because new queries, etc. to some of the few threads I am able to keep up with anymore have the important new stuff as the most recent messages, and it saves a lot of time starting on page 10 of 10 pages with one click.
As fate has it (well, a result of my own set of priorities locating way out here in Cow Country), I am stuck far from modern features like hi-speed connections, and must tediously await several page loads to get where I want to be.
Is this an inadvertent, overlooked change, or is this capability now gone forever?
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#327 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 2:23 AM
wes_h, on your subscription page, click "Last Post" until it has an arrow pointing down next to it.
If you have cable tx, you might want to look into a cable modem.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 8:10 AM
Had the same problem - Reverse order doesn't work properly - and reported it on a different thread. Bairy knows, so I hope it will be fixed.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#329 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 8:14 AM
I use it all the time. Its the defualt view in my subscriptions page.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#330 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 9:24 AM
The ability to view threads with the newest post at the beginning is temporarily gone. Everybody who did have thier profile set to view newest at the beginning should be default back to viewing oldest first.

The reason is becuase viewing by anything other than oldest first totally breaks the download pages so that you wont see information about the downloads at the top at all, and also screws up the thanks system. (This is why people got thanked for stuff that wasn't thiers)

To view the latest stuff in a thread, simply click the arrow next to the time/date or username and it will automatically load 1 page and take you to the last post.

I'll be rewriting the code for the download pages to take into account those of you who like to view things backwards at some point

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Banned
#331 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
Bairy knows, so I hope it will be fixed.

Just for reference, I don't code the board (yet), Delphy does (and despite certain rumours, no, we're not the same person :P)
Alchemist
#332 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
The ability to view threads with the newest post at the beginning is temporarily gone.
I'll be rewriting the code for the download pages to take into account those of you who like to view things backwards at some point

I trust your judgement and thank you, in advance, for your efforts.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#333 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 3:55 PM
Wes, I'm not sure if this helps or not (you probably knew already). But this might save time if you're trying to see just the last posts of a thread.

When you click the blue arrow in a thread listing, it will take you to the last post of that thread:

If you click that blue arrow, you won't have to click "Next Page" > "Next Page" > "Next Page" > etc, to get to the most recent posts in the thread.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 9:35 PM
helped me anyway - thanks I hadn't figured that out!
My current gripe is I don't like the google search, but then you just can't please some people! Thanks anyway for running a great site. and sorry bairy & delphy!
Page 14 of 14