Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7126 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:26 PM
I have noticed that any time I click on a new problem in the help section (don't know why I go there. I rarely can help), that problem almost invariably happens to me in a matter of days. I think my computer is reading the posts and becomes anxious to try out the problems.

Skynet?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7127 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:33 PM
That reminds me a bit of the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon/frequency illusion, where you learn about something and then it seems to pop up everywhere. I'm not sure if it applies to this, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7128 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:18 AM
I'm not the only one to think of playing TS2's soundtrack in Audiosurf.

hovno2000 appears on quite a few TS2 tracks. I don't know who they are, but I salute them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#7129 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not the only one to think of playing TS2's soundtrack in Audiosurf.

hovno2000 appears on quite a few TS2 tracks. I don't know who they are, but I salute them.

I did not know what Audiosurf was so I googled that and I also googled hovno2000 {I was confused, didn't know what the context was not knowing anything about Audiosurf, thought hovno2000 was some kind of music artist}

Results: Some Czech person, I am pretty sure, hovno being a Czech word. Also if you Google hovno2000 you get several results, one is some person on YouTube.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7130 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:36 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 25th Nov 2018 at 12:31 PM.
@lordtyger9 - Audiosurf is a pretty fun game. It's sort of a mix between a rhythm game, a racing game, and a puzzle game. You can load any song into it and it'll turn it into a track and you race a rocket down it and pick up coloured blocks. I'm not too great at it, but it's fun enough that I keep playing it anyways. Plus it makes me happy that I can play it at all considering I could barely use a mouse this time last year.

It's fun to play a fast song and just go nyoooooooooooooooooooooom down the track.

Mad Poster
#7131 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:02 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that trying to use a game meant to simulate early 2000's suburbia to simulate a future-noir cyberpunk whorehouse is more of a challenge than lots of other projects...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7132 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:26 PM
For some reason every time you mention your whorehouse building project, The Golden Cat from Dishonored 1 keeps coming to mind. (In Dishonored 1, The Golden Cat is a brothel that Corvo goes to deal with two specific targets and find someone else. The whole Dishonored Video Game has been described as a Dystopian Steampunk world set in the 1800s.)

I'm interested in trying it out, as long as it doesn't drop my FPS to single digit FPS like Dishonored 2.
Mad Poster
#7133 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:40 PM
Haha, it's not like that's the ONLY thing on this lot, it's just the part that's giving me the most trouble...

Mad Poster
#7134 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:42 PM
@Zarathustra - Is this going to be the project that breaks you down and go "well, maybe just one custom wall..."?

Mad Poster
#7135 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:06 PM
Nah, I've got a good enough feel for what the wall limit looks like that I'm more-or-less able to know what projects won't work from the start. I think this is probably the one that I overshot my guess by the most, and it was still only by 20 or 30 wall segments, so it was semi-fixable.

Mad Poster
#7136 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:10 PM
Stay strong. Using one piece of CC can be a very slippery slope.

Top Secret Researcher
#7137 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@lordtyger9 - Audiosurf is a pretty fun game. It's sort of a mix between a rhythm game, a racing game, and a puzzle game. You can load any song into it and it'll turn it into a track and you race a rocket down it and pick up coloured blocks. I'm not too great at it, but it's fun enough that I keep playing it anyways. Plus it makes me happy that I can play it at all considering I could barely use a mouse this time last year.

It's fun to play a fast song and just go nyoooooooooooooooooooooom down the track.

I am glad to know that you can play the game with your mouse. When this subject came up last I am pretty sure that I mentioned track balls, have you ever tried one? I know that some people don't like them, but I think they are awesome as you don't have to move your hand very much at all just a finger or two is needed to use it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7138 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:07 AM
@lordtyger9 - I tried one at the store, but it was rather bulky and I had trouble with it. I'm looking into a more ergonomic mouse, though.

Top Secret Researcher
#7139 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 4:51 PM
Most simmers' computers hate their downloading binges because of storage space or whatnot. For mine, it's the poor internet window that can't keep up.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Theorist
#7140 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:40 PM
- How long does it take to rebuild a DL folder?

- I miss playing my hood

- I'd like to start a new hood but I don't know what direction I want to take.
The Medieval starter challenge is appealing but I don't want to play medieval.

Talk about first-world problems.
Instructor
#7141 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:49 PM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 27th Nov 2018 at 6:51 PM.
For the first time in years, today I've used the Castle Store set while building a new lot... I have to admit, not only is beautiful, but it's also so detailed that it takes a while before you understand how to use each piece (or maybe I'm just a slowpoke).
Inventor
#7142 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 6:03 PM
tumblr support never replied back to me, so my simblr is gone for good it seems. Still, my life is picking up fast and I plan on going to community college so I don't even have time to open my game lately. I've updated my signature to include my SFS uploads. Maybe one day I'll upload them individually here.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7143 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:05 PM
Bug them again. They're probably behind, since their algorithms are crap. Because all algorithms are crap for this job.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#7144 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Bug them again. They're probably behind, since their algorithms are crap. Because all algorithms are crap for this job.

Yeah, you're right. I sent another request, though this isn't the first time tumblr didn't respond to one of my questions/problems . If they don't respond this time I may have to start a new one

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#7145 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 3:54 PM
It's good to hear from you, Primavera!! (I'm sixamaxis on tumblr) I was getting worried (: I knew that you had stuff coming up( I think I had read something about moving?? Or that might be someone else), but still, hearing from you felt nice. Sorry about this weird message!
Inventor
#7146 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
It's good to hear from you, Primavera!! (I'm sixamaxis on tumblr) I was getting worried (: I knew that you had stuff coming up( I think I had read something about moving?? Or that might be someone else), but still, hearing from you felt nice. Sorry about this weird message!

sixaaaaaaa @pannisim! Yeah, we're entering the final stretch of moving the big things out, gonna donate the stuff we won't take with us so that's eating up my time. And if tumblr doesn't respond back I may either make a new simblr or not, I don't have time to play and I won't have internet for the next few weeks. But it's no problem about the message, I hope you're doing well :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7147 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:37 PM
I want to make a school of magic dorm lot... but I'm torn between making another Hogwarts (because Hogwarts is awesome) or making one of the three(?) other schools we know of out there... I mean, yeah, Hogwarts is awesome, but it could be interesting to try making Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, or (sigh) Ilvermorny too, since there's not as much canon about them... Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Theorist
#7148 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I want to make a school of magic dorm lot... but I'm torn between making another Hogwarts (because Hogwarts is awesome) or making one of the three(?) other schools we know of out there... I mean, yeah, Hogwarts is awesome, but it could be interesting to try making Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, or (sigh) Ilvermorny too, since there's not as much canon about them... Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Beauxbatons is the only correct answer. Why go to a place in the frozen highlands of Scotland when you can also go to the sunny shores of the French Rivera?

Plus you can design it however you like. Take inspiration from places like Carcassonne, Ancient Roman architecture. Etc. etc etc.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7149 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:13 PM
That's kind of how I'm leaning at this point... I feel like Hogwarts has been done SO MUCH already, Durmstrang is too boring/one-dimensional, and Ilvermorny is just... no.

But Beauxbatons has lots of possibilities... I'm envisioning something like a cross between Neuschwanstein Castle (I know it's not French, but it has some of the right feel) and the Palace of Versailles (especially the gardens)...

Mad Poster
#7150 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:15 PM
Then you know exactly what you want to do.

Page 286 of 515