Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#7076 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:51 PM
I hope my game hasn't broken. Just started it up to discover my camera mod somehow completely vanished. I put it back in and the game is loading again, but if that disappeared, I wonder if something else might have, too.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7077 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:39 PM
I wonder if this lot might actually hit $2M...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7078 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:39 AM
Does anybody know the most expensive custom lot made in TS2, at least those posted on MTS?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7079 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:03 AM
It's actually NOT one of mine! (yet) There could be others that are more expensive that I just haven't seen, but this lot is the most expensive lot (at least as far as TS2 builds) that I've seen, beating out my most expensive lot by about $25,000.

Mad Poster
#7080 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:04 AM
Just add more statues.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7081 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:32 AM
Nah, at this point I think my current project has a pretty good shot at edging it out solely from the (literally) hundreds of neon lights all around... $170 a pop may not seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Mad Poster
#7082 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:39 AM
RIP most people's computers.

Mad Poster
#7083 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:04 AM
#SorryNotSorry

Mad Poster
#7084 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:08 AM
See, this is why I stick to making pet breeds.

Mad Poster
#7085 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:11 AM
Haha, my fear with this lot is encountering other heretofore undiscovered "limits" in the game along the same lines as the wall limit (already hit that)... most particularly, a limit on the number of light sources that can be properly rendered...

Mad Poster
#7086 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, there are mathematic and scientific formulas that can tell you that for the universe and cave systems (no word yet on the elusive gramma brain), so perhaps there's some formula that Emerald1234 has uncovered that reveals this fact about Sims?

===
I could see that working for cave system - as, limited amount of proper geology. But "the universe"? Like, I have a cupful of ocean water, but I can't tell how big the ocean is; infinite? Alas, the total gramma-brain is quite obvious, it's only the workings that are beyond reason.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7087 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:59 AM
I do wish that immediately after sending off their children to college and moving into a smaller house, pixels would not roll wants for another baby. Come on, you little perverted computer simulations-you just got through that stage! Grow up! Enjoy your lives!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7088 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:45 PM
Delivering her second twin in the kitchen, the pixel mommy got a thought balloon of a baby and THE STOVE. I clicked on it ..."hand baby to the stove". OMG she wants to kill the baby! But she handed it to her husband. Wish I had taken a picture. So a question: do Sims in labor loose what little mind they have, and try to hand a baby to WHATEVER is close?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#7089 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:51 PM
She only wanted one baby. Maybe if she just puts this other one here no one will ever know about it...

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7090 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Delivering her second twin in the kitchen, the pixel mommy got a thought balloon of a baby and THE STOVE.

This is a case for the BabyQ, I think!
Scholar
#7091 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I do wish that immediately after sending off their children to college and moving into a smaller house, pixels would not roll wants for another baby. Come on, you little perverted computer simulations-you just got through that stage! Grow up! Enjoy your lives!

Moving house does seem to trigger the baby want. If I have a couple who aren't showing any interest and I really need them to have a child, I just move them and bingo! At least one of them will immediately roll the "Have a baby" want. (Okay, that's kind of cheating, when I say I play to wants and then I manipulate the want . . . but I want them to be happy about doing what I want them to do!)
Mad Poster
#7092 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:04 PM
Why do I keep doing this to myself? I stopped playing the "Curious about Genetics Hood" (what I was privately calling my combining the Separated Ancestors of the Pleasants, Brokes and Summerdreams in and putting them in the empty Pleasantly Thriving) because it was giving me headaches trying to figure out when to move families in. I got tired of it and tried out the Pleasantview and Strangetown with a Twist, but didn't like the twists added. I played Sims 3 for a while but got bored. I just downloaded the Beginning of Desiderata but again will probably start to have headaches figuring out when to move families in.

Argh. Why can't I settle on one hood? I may be just bored.
Alchemist
#7093 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Why do I keep doing this to myself? I stopped playing the "Curious about Genetics Hood" (what I was privately calling my combining the Separated Ancestors of the Pleasants, Brokes and Summerdreams in and putting them in the empty Pleasantly Thriving) because it was giving me headaches trying to figure out when to move families in. I got tired of it and tried out the Pleasantview and Strangetown with a Twist, but didn't like the twists added. I played Sims 3 for a while but got bored. I just downloaded the Beginning of Desiderata but again will probably start to have headaches figuring out when to move families in.

Maybe you're just bored with other people's stories? I wouldn't be able to follow something that was set up for me if I tried.
Mad Poster
#7094 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:13 PM
That's very possible Sunrader. I don't know how to make my own stories actually playable in Sims 2 or Sims 3 though. I've had an idea of wanting to kind of create a Sims 2 version of Sims "Marked by the Outsider" (Dishonored Game Reference) but I don't know how to make playing them actually different than usual. (Dishonored's Void magic is very different than the Magic that Sims 2 Witches use. I don't know how to implement Windblast, Possession, the Arcane Bond etc in a way that would make Sims 2 play different.)
Mad Poster
#7095 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:22 PM
Drop one or more sims into an empty neighborhood. If you can't think of a story, the sims will come up with one on their own.

I dropped a sim into an empty neighborhood that I downloaded. Originally I only intended to have her explore and make sure the lots worked okay, but the sims are making their own story anyway. She's a popular state legislator now with lots of fans due to her high AL reputation. She and her new husband haven't personally experienced much drama yet, but the townies are certainly going at it. Lots of flirtin' and fightin' going on whenever one of the playables visits a community lot.
Instructor
#7096 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM

Aw, I think we're all like this one way or another. I have a folder that contains hoods I played n' dumped over the few years, and... it's getting kind of full. Now, I'm restraining myself to play one hood only. When I'm bored, I'm just not going to play the game. Give my brain a break from it. Of course, it's easier said than done.

What do you mean by 'not knowing when to move sims in'? You move them in when you want to

But, no, seriously, for the Beginning Hoods I've mapped out a system when some sims will be introduced to the hood when his/her mate is born. For example, in Beginning Strangetown, Ichabod Specter who's a single Elder, won't be moved into the hood, until his wife Olive Muenda is born. If I move him in at the start, he's going to be way passed dead by the time Olive is born. He has no purpose until Olive is born, and I'm not going to have him drink a million cups of Elixir of Life. So, he's staying in the family bin, until that time. When will that be? Who knows, I have to focus on Olive's grandparents before I can really be concerned about Olive's husband.

With the Beginning Hoods, I suggest that you take things slow and worry about one family at a time. If it's easier, write down your thoughts and plans for each family. I know it's exciting to play with the ancestors and stuff, but it can get overwhelming if things aren't organized.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Scholar
#7097 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:51 PM
The same thing happens to me, Orilon. Except with me it's when something doesn't go to plan or something I stupidly done! The amount of times I have to redo my hoods' with backups etc is ridiculous. I'll start fresh and within a day or so, will need a new one. I just can't settle with a save that has potentially been "ruined", if that made sense.

I've noticed that I get extremely frustrated with the amount of times I've had to restart my game - resulting me in going on breaks for days or even months. It doesn't help that I only play the pre-made Sims. So, having to restart every time and doing the same thing for each pre-made Sim gets repetitive. I enjoy the pre-made Sims though and want to play them so I'm not giving up, as much as my frustration annoys me. LOL.

Right now, I'm on a small break because I've ruined my playstyle by being paranoid from my last save since a weird glitch in the University hood caused me to have to delete it. If you've read my comments in the "What's Happening in Your Game?" thread, you'll understand why I'm so frustrated.

I think most, if not all, have been in the same boat as you and it really is frustrating. I find having a break or playing something else for a while helps.
Mad Poster
#7098 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:54 PM
Perfectionism is the enemy of fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#7099 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Drop one or more sims into an empty neighborhood. If you can't think of a story, the sims will come up with one on their own.

I dropped a sim into an empty neighborhood that I downloaded. Originally I only intended to have her explore and make sure the lots worked okay, but the sims are making their own story anyway.

I had that, too! It was just an test hood for lots, an EMPTY test hood, and I dropped a clone of Rod Humble in there. I forgot to do anything to stop the newspaper girl from coming, so she spawned. Then I had Rod go to test a community lot, and the Charlatan spawned, so now there's a whole story about the three of them being the only ones left after the Apocalypse caused by a virus spread through Rod's computers!

That's very possible Sunrader. I don't know how to make my own stories actually playable in Sims 2 or Sims 3 though. I've had an idea of wanting to kind of create a Sims 2 version of Sims "Marked by the Outsider" (Dishonored Game Reference) but I don't know how to make playing them actually different than usual. (Dishonored's Void magic is very different than the Magic that Sims 2 Witches use. I don't know how to implement Windblast, Possession, the Arcane Bond etc in a way that would make Sims 2 play different.)

I don't know what any of that is, but I know what I'd do. I already rewrote all the spells in plain English with better rhymes. I'd make them into that kind and just pretend the rest, looking for whatever mods and such that came to me as I played.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7100 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Perfectionism is the enemy of fun.

"I'm fun and perfect!" -Sim Sample Esq., 2004
Page 284 of 516