Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:03 PM
Default "boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" problem
I'm creating the house and am trying to get the third story's walls to turn into half walls. (When I place a roof over the second-story wall, it hangs over too low, so I'm trying to add a half wall between the two to give the roof some height.)

The only way I know how to make half walls is through the "boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" cheat. I've done it in the past, but when I raise the ground next to the house, place foundation over the raised ground, and try to level it, nothing happens. The eps I have are OFB and Seasons, and I've used this cheat recently and it's worked fine. I've toggled with the height of the ground, the number of foundations stacked on top of each other, etc, but nothing works. I can use other cheats, but this one seems to be giving me trouble. I'm sure I'm just doing it wrong. XD

Here's a picture:

Thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:31 PM
You need to level across 'equal' levels. That means that the top of the foundation is level1 -- it can only be used to level 1st level floors and walls.

A wall on a foundation is level 2 -- it can be used to level 2nd level floors. etc., etc.

The easiest way to do what you want to do is to use the modular stairs twice to 'dig' an 8 click hole. Level the bottom of the hole for at least a 3x3 square -- without getting close to your house. Now put 1 square of the pole foundation. Hold down shift, and put in another foundation layer above that. Continue to put more pole foundations until you have a stack of 4.

Now you should be able to level from the top of that foundation across your home.

(Note: From the pic, it looks like you built the house on a foundation, which makes the top of the 3rd story actually level 4.)

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#3 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:54 PM
Deadbeat Mike inside has a tut that may help http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...alls/index.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:12 AM
Thank you! I will give it another try with this info in mind.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies