Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 11:48 PM
Default New animation, new interaction ... which to do first?
So I had a thought earlier this week, based on a request someone asked a loooooong time ago: "Why can't we bathe toddlers like we did in Sims 2?"

At the time (pre-Pets), my response was something like "Well, in addition to needing a new animation for that, the water level in a bathtub would drown the child." But with Pets giving us the ability to bathe a smaller animal, now I feel like it might be a project worth taking on.

I've spent a bit of time compiling all of the animations that I think would be necessary to make this happen, and now I need to think about adding an object interaction, and preparing a script to make all of this happen.
But where do I start? Would it be best to start revising the animations, or to work on adding a slot to a tub that a toddler can use, or begin working on the basic coding for the script? Does it matter which I begin first? I ask this mostly because my free time is limited, and I fully expect this project to take at least a month and a half to finish, so I want to plan ahead if I can.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:09 AM
Personally, I would start with the slot, then the basic code so you have something to start testing with. Then move on to the JAZZ and animations.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]