Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#101 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:30 PM
Nix - make sure you select tagged in the filters.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:55 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Jul 2013 at 7:26 AM.
I just had a report on LJ that a beach lot on my box in not infected. It does go back all the way to January 2011 though.

I got AGS starter base game to work no troubles. Oh my gosh it loaded in a minute and the blank lot loaded in 5 seconds!
Here is the base game AGS test lot: https://app.box.com/s/xuwdr48hffwyj1o4ww7u

Can I delete the fullgame.id file it's created in my Sims 2 folder?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#103 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can I delete the fullgame.id file it's created in my Sims 2 folder?

No. If you do, you'll have to reinstall the AGS game. I made that mistake when I first used AGS, good for you that you ask instead of just assuming like I did
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#104 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:39 PM
Ohw thanks gummilutt. I nearly did as it's sitting where the cache files sits and looks similar, but thought I better ask first. Glad I did.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
Original Poster
#105 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:33 PM
You don't actually have to reinstall everything. You can just create an empty text file and give it the correct name, including the .ID file extension.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#106 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM
I haven't and I certainly won't unless it is needed. Mootilda, sorry to be an idiot, but I have no idea of what you just said.

If this AGS base game lot is clean (which I think it should be) I will try getting it to run on all EP disks which are sucuROM free. I don't think I could build much just with the base game.

Does anybody know and can I be sure that all old disks up to and including Seasons are sucROM free? I have all original disks bought back in 2004-2007. At what point did sucROM or the bad form get put into the disks? I would like to make a second AG slot for those. Right now I am thinking Uni, NL, OFB and Seasons is safe?

~Call me Jo~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#107 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 11:03 PM
Lee, thanks! D'oh, I didn't realise there was a filter kicking in when I wanted to see more. But now I can see and have downloaded all Jo's lots.

Anyway. Jo, so far I've tested five of your lots: Azalea Court, the two Lego houses (Lego and Plain), the Maple Creek Shopping Centre and Wet 'N' Wicked. I'm sorry to report all of them has the bug. Also, when I tried the method of cleaning unoccupied lots that Porkypine suggested on Dolphin's thread, it didn't work; when I removed the controller, the bug was still there when I moved a test family in. (This was in a brand new and otherwise completely empty neighbourhood, BTW.) I don't know if somebody else might have more success.

Edit: Jo, I think suckyROM was introduced with BV, but I'm not 100% sure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#108 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 11:11 PM
Thanks Nix. I was so hoping the water park would not be affected since it counts for half my downloads. But it's best to know.

Dominie seems to have the best method of cleaning them. Or we hope so, the retirement home appeared to be clean.

I had a feeling it came in with Pets but I saw a thread where someone mentioned they didn't buy past Seasons because of the sucROM issue. I'll have to look into it. BV might have introduced a more aggressive form of suckyROM.

~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
Original Poster
#109 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 1:30 AM
Does anybody know and can I be sure that all old disks up to and including Seasons are sucROM free? I have all original disks bought back in 2004-2007.
Yes, they are SecuROM free.

At what point did sucROM or the bad form get put into the disks?
Anything released after May 1st, 2007, which includes Deluxe, H&M, and BV.

I would like to make a second AG slot for those. Right now I am thinking Uni, NL, OFB and Seasons is safe?
Yes, those should be safe, especially if you have the disks from that period, rather than disks purchased recently.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#110 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:20 AM
Yes they are all original disks bought it the 2004-2007 time period. I have no collection packs and no recent disks.

I was looking at a list given in order of release. Is this correct and can I include Pets and those stuff packs into an AG?

"The Sims 2 Family Fun"
"The Sims 2 Glamour Life"
"The Sims 2 Pets"
"The Sims 2 Happy Holiday"
"The Sims 2 Seasons"
"The Sims 2 Celebration"

It shows that The Sims 2 H&M came next which I know includes sucuROM. I forgot that I also want it to be Mac compatible so my friend on a mac can download my lots. I'm thinking Family Fun and Celebrations did not come out in a mac version. Esme will know that.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#111 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:29 AM
Family Fun came out as a Mac thing, but Celebration stuff did not. Happy Holiday did come out for Mac, but it doesn't work on all Macs -- it worked on my old one, which was running Tiger (OS 10.6.4 or 10.6.6, I forget which), but on my new one which is running Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8), it won't even install.

Jo, I am about to test your AGS lot right now and will edit this post with the results shortly.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#112 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:32 AM
Okay, I'm over at leefish now too.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#113 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 3:14 AM
There's been a reply, so I'll just make a new post.

I downloaded my own test lots: Red, Green, and Blue. I installed all three lots plus Jo's AGS test lot, with no other downloads in the game. Installing the lots created a Downloads folder, but it was empty both before and after my testing play session.

Here is what I did:
1. With all four lots in the bin, I opened up Pleasantview and checked on the Brokes. They did not have the Hug.
2. I placed all three lots and checked on the Brokes again. They still did not have the Hug.
3. I moved the Burbs into Blue (built with the inlaws hack removed but without a fix for the Hug); they did not have the Hug.
4. I moved the Oldies into Red (built with the inlaws hack in Downloads); they did not have the Hug.
5. I moved the Oldies out of Red and into Green (built with the inlaws hack removed and the LBF fix in); they did not have the Hug.
6. I moved the Larsons into Jo's AGS lot; they did not have the Hug. (This proves that Jo's AGS will make Mac-compatible lots; I've never been able to open one before.)

I was expecting that at least one of my test lots would have the Hug attached to it. None of them did. All three lots were built in a 'hood with no Sims at all -- no townies, no playables, only the automatic NPCs. All three lots were unfurnished. I have four different theories that could explain this.

A. The Hug will not attach to a lot built in a hood that has no Sims other than the automatic NPCs, regardless whether it's furnished or unfurnished.
B. The Hug will not attach to a lot that is unfurnished, but will attach to a furnished lot.
C. The Hug will attach in certain game configurations, but not in others.
D. The Hug will not attach to any lot built on a Mac.

These theories are kind of mutually exclusive. I can't test them all, so I'm going to just test the ones that I can. I will report back here with results.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#114 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 3:28 AM
Wow, thanks Esme. It's also really nice to know I can build not only clean lots, but mac compatible lots with AGS.

Can you give me a list of all EP's and SP's that you can use. Things like Happy Holidays could possibly crash your game.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#115 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 4:19 AM
I created three more test lots. Here is what I did:

1. I placed the inlaws hack in an otherwise empty Downloads folder.
2. I opened Veronaville (a populated 'hood that I never play) and built an orange, unfurnished box on a 2x2 lot. This lot is named Orange, and you can download it here if you want to test it.
3. I packaged the lot and quit the game.

4. I removed the Downloads folder (which contained only the inlaws hack) and restarted the game.
5. I opened Veronaville and built a purple, unfurnished box on a 2x2 lot. This lot is named Purple, and you can download it here if you want to test it.
6. I packaged the lot and quit the game.

7. I placed the LBF deadly neck bite fix in an otherwise empty Downloads folder.
8. I opened Veronaville and built a white, unfurnished box on a 2x2 lot. This lot is named White, and you can download it here if you want to test it.
9. I saved and exited to the neighborhood. From there, I quit the game without packaging White. (This was a stupid mistake, since it's different from what I've been doing.)
10. I restarted the game without changing anything in the Downloads folder, opened Veronaville, and packaged White. Then I quit the game.

I also made the stupid mistake of not checking a few houses in Veronaville for the presence/absence of the Hug at each stage of testing.

I am trying to determine if the Hug will attach to unfurnished lots in a populated 'hood. If it does, then we know that building in a completely empty neighborhood may be safe, even with the inlaws hack in the Downloads folder. This could be helpful for builders who want to share their lots. If it does not, then we don't know much. It could be that the Hug needs furniture placed on the lot, or that it won't attach to anything built on a Mac, or that it is game-configuration-dependent. However, since I am now making stupid mistakes, I am going to go to bed without testing these three lots. If someone else has the time and inclination, please let us know the results! (And if someone wants to verify my results on Red, Blue, and Green, please let us know the results of that, too.)

I will test these in my own game tomorrow.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#116 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 4:38 AM
My last test lots had no furniture Esme. But maybe my game doesn't count as it just seems infected.

If I can get these AG up and running it won't matter so much. I can use that to make lots and use my normal game just for playing.

~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
Original Poster
#117 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:08 AM
I was looking at a list given in order of release. Is this correct and can I include Pets and those stuff packs into an AG?

"The Sims 2 Family Fun"
"The Sims 2 Glamour Life"
"The Sims 2 Pets"
"The Sims 2 Happy Holiday"
"The Sims 2 Seasons"
"The Sims 2 Celebration"
Nothing in that list will contain SecuROM. I don't know what was released for the MAC.
Theorist
#118 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:38 PM
Jo if your last test lots had no furniture, that suggests to me that furniture is not needed for the Hug to spread.

I tested Orange, Purple, and White, this morning. I placed them in Pleasantview, and I moved the Burbs, the Larsons, and the Oldies out of their previous lots and into these. I checked on the Brokes both before and after placing the lots, and they did not have the Hug. The Larsons (in Orange), the Burbs (in Purple), and the Oldies (in White) did not have the Hug either.

I'm feeling kind of stumped here. Perhaps it has to do with game configuration, perhaps it has to do with my building technique, or perhaps it simply won't spread on a Mac. Jo, could you please make a new AGS game (I don't want you to mess up your nice clean one) and build an infected lot for me? That way we'll know if it's a Mac thing or not. EDIT: perhaps we should have a not-Mac person test the lot too, to see if it's infected for them but not for me.

Also, it would be helpful to know what game configurations people who found the Hug have. Here is what I have:

Base game
University
Night Life
Open For Business
Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Glamor Life Stuff
Family Fun Stuff

(Jo, that is also a complete list of everything that was released for Mac that I can use reliably.)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#119 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 27th Jul 2013 at 5:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Jo if your last test lots had no furniture, that suggests to me that furniture is not needed for the Hug to spread.
That makes sense to me. Controllers are added to the lot as soon as the lot is created. So, I would expect that furniture isn't required to spread the Hug.

The Clean Installer removes the controllers when it removes all of the other furnishings. So, it isn't the lack of furniture itself which is solving the problem; it's the fact that the controllers are one of the things that are removed during EA's move-out logic.

That makes me wonder whether the Stay-Things Shrub keeps or removes the controllers. If it removes them, then it almost does what's required. The main problem is that it doesn't perform it's function immediately, but requires a sim to activate it. That should be fairly easy to fix.
Theorist
#120 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:10 PM
Mootilda, if I am understanding you correctly, all that is needed for a lot to pick up a controller is for a hack that creates it to be in the Downloads folder at the time the lot is created. Is that right?

If that's right, would you (or would someone else) be able to check my lots Red and Orange for any controllers? I think that will really help figure out if the lack of a Hug is a Mac thing or not. (I don't have the right programs to check myself.)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#121 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:13 PM
Mootilda, if I am understanding you correctly, all that is needed for a lot to pick up a controller is for a hack that creates it to be in the Downloads folder at the time the lot is created. Is that right?
Yes, I believe that's true.

If that's right, would you (or would someone else) be able to check my lots Red and Orange for any controllers?
Someone else, please. I'm actually trying to finish off another large project before I become too involved in this one.

Once I finish Riverside, this bug is my next priority.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 2:39 AM
Hey sorry I sort of disappeared the last couple of days...wasn't my plan, i ended up ill. I'll jump back into testing anything tomorrow that needs to be. Again i am sorry.

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#123 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:01 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 28th Jul 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Thanks Dominie, so far you are the only one who seems to have successfully cleaned a lot so maybe you could outline what you did as Nix didn't seem to have any luck with my Water park.

With Any Game, does each slot have it's own download folder? I only have base game set up so far but I want to try a mac compatible, secuROM free slot next. I'm about to try the extended family mods in the base game folder and upload a lot. Then remove the mods and upload a second lot. Will this effect the two unused Any Game slots or just the one I have now, base game?

Esme, I put the two extended family mods in and uploaded a lot. Here: https://app.box.com/s/89vuprfi9s7m871zf1np
I then pulled both mods and made a new lot here: https://app.box.com/s/dbz8mqm7psbeo4kcl1qu
This is in the mini game version of Any Game. It comes with one house with 2 sims. I didn't play the sims that might make a difference.

So Seasons is the last EP without SucROM, so that's the disk the mac compatible game would run from?

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#124 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 12:20 AM
Some mystifying results...

I installed both lots into a game with no downloads at all. When I installed the lots, the game created an empty Downloads folder, which I left alone. I loaded up Pleasantview and checked on the Brokes; no Hug. I placed the lot labeled "...Extended Family Out" and then checked on the Brokes; no Hug. I moved the Larsons into the lot labeled "...Extended Family Out" and checked on them; no Hug. I placed the lot labeled "...Extended Family In" and then checked on the Brokes; no Hug.

So far, this is what I expected.

Then I moved the Burbs into the lot labeled "...Extended Family In" -- and did not get a Hug. This is not what I was expecting.

I think what needs to happen now is for someone on a PC to test the two lots from Jo's post just above mine. If one, the other, or both show the Hug, then we know that it can't be transmitted to Macs for some really weird reason. If they don't show the Hug, then I'm pretty baffled. Perhaps at that point it's a matter of game configuration? Certain EPs/SPs cause a problem when combined with the hack and others don't?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#125 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:31 AM
Maybe I need to play the hood for awhile before the hug can manifest. As I said that hood had not been played, unlike my own game which is played extensively. So the next test would be for me to play the sims that Any Game came with and maybe even make some CAS sims and place them in a house, and then build a test lot again.

~Call me Jo~
Page 5 of 6