Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 11:02 AM
This is awesome! Thank you, Aislynne, for these rules I was looking for a nice challenge and I ran across your Settler Challenge: the first time I read the rules I was a bit confused and I thought I wouldn't probably be able to do it, but I examined them a couple if times and I suddenly fell in love! I started playing a few days ago and my colony now counts two families besides the one of my couple of settlers
I decided that my story would take place in the Europe of the XIX century, without any further place specification, and that my heir would be Trueman Blackthorn, a man of few words but at the same time a very conscientious founder; his wife is called Alayna and at the moment they have three beatiful twin daughters! The name of one of the daddy's little girls is Blossom, as Trueman has a passion for his garden, the major form of revenue for this family. The other twins are called Ambrosine and Elfrida, and maybe it will be Elfrida to head the colony after her father
I was pretty lucky because I used a random trait generator for the creation of my settlers (and for the other colonists) and Alayna turned out Family Oriented! I could be able to choose the traits of the daughters! ... But Trueman has got the Evil trait... LOL! But this is pretty tolerable, he just gets a little pleased when someone around fails, without manifesting it
I'm soooorry if I wrote too much about this topic, but I'm excited and I enjoy this kind of challenges, I just love creating different sims and adapting their appearances to their personalities.
Thanks again, I am having fun
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 11:50 AM
Doubt about a rule
Oh, I have got an uncertainty... I'm not sure what I will be doing if I use random.org to select one of the Sunday events you posted to liven up the game and the result is that a flood destroys one of my colonists' houses, so that I will have to move that family in my settlers' household... What if the family whose house is destroyed is the 6 sim one I've got in my colony? My heir's household is made of 5 sims, and the maximum number of sims per house is 8... I would not be able to move that 6-sim-family in my heir's house! This is the only confusing thing I found in the rules. Yes, if my settlers' household was made of 2 sims, I could easily move whatever family in their house, but I don't think my heir's house would ever be peopled by only 2 sims! I'm still in XIX century, babies are made without restrictions
Test Subject
#103 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 11:58 PM
Mama Kin, maybe your heir can help and move in half of the now homeless family and the other half has to move in with another family of your colony?
Test Subject
#104 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:17 PM
I just came across this challenge,and want to try it...how should technology be introduced to the settlers? and does anyone have any ideas about modernizing the colony?
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 3:13 PM
Ok so I have decided to adapt the settler challenge to a fallout style challenge but many of the restrictions and ways to lift them will be the same as the settler challenge, just tweeked slightly to fit my theme. Am I allowed to share this challenge or do I need some kind of approval from someone? and if I do...how do I get it?
Test Subject
#106 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aislynne
THE SIMS 4 SETTLER CHALLENGE

Your sim has decided to be one of the brave heroes throughout history who travel to the loneliest places on Earth to find a new home. Your job is to survive and create a thriving colony in the middle of nowhere.

GOAL
To build and to populate your colony. The challenge is over when you've lifted all restrictions.

SETTING UP
-Set lifespan to normal.
-Aging must be on.
-Create a couple in CAS (young adult or adult). They are your settlers. Pick their traits and aspirations randomly (you can use dice, random.org or this trait generator: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser/). Choose which one of them you're going to control.
-Bulldoze all lots in the world. Your sims are settlers and there are no other people living in the colony yet. You may leave one starter house and buy that lot for your sims, or you can build a completely new house or download one from the gallery.
-Choose the starting era for your settlers and choose the furniture, clothes, decorations etc. accordingly. For example, if you want to start in the Wild West in the 19th century, don't buy a television. (Besides, your colony won't have electricity in the beginning in any case.)
-You must use all or almost all your money building and furnishing the house. You can also buy up to three books and one pack of seeds. The point is that you must not have any money when you start the game. If you run out of things to buy for some reason, use a money cheat to reduce your money to zero.

RULES
-You may only control one sim. That sim is called the heir. You will control several heirs during this challenge, but only one at a time.
-There may only ever be one heir at a time. You can freely choose who the next heir is and you can decide when to start playing the next heir, but once you’ve decided, you can’t change your mind and go back to playing the old heir. If you start playing the new heir while the old one is still alive, the old one is not considered an heir anymore.
-The new heir must be the previous heir’s child.
-If the heir has many children, all those children except the future heir must move out when they become young adults.
-The heir may marry and move their spouse in.
-You may not age sims up days before their actual birthday.
-Cheats, mods or hacks that give you an advantage over a person who doesn't use them are not recommended.
-If you want to make this challenge easier, you can use one helper (the spouse / sibling / parent etc. of your heir). The helper may do simple tasks (such as repair an object, water plants, cook a meal, feed a baby), but you shouldn't control the helper too much - only a couple of tasks a day. If you don't use a helper, you may notice that the inactive sims in your family won't do much (or any!) work autonomously, which does not feel very realistic in a hard-working colony.
-Traits and aspirations are always randomized when a baby is born or a sim ages up. You can use any random trait generator (e.g. http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...rait-generator/ or https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser/) or just roll dice. Exception: You may choose the traits and aspirations for the child if either of the child's parents has any of the following traits: Family-Oriented, Patriarch, Mentor.

POPULATING THE COLONY

Yours is the only family living in the colony in the beginning.

Rules for adding families:
-When you are allowed to add a family, create them in CAS or download them from the Gallery. Roll a six-sided die or use random.org to determine the number of people in the family (between 1 and 6).

Different ways to populate the colony:
-Have babies!
-You can use your Charisma skill to persuade people to join your colony: You can add one family for every sim in your family who has reached level 6 in Charisma.
-You can also attract people by hosting great parties. You may add one family for every type of party for which you’ve got a gold medal. You can only invite people who live in your colony to your parties, you can’t invite homeless people!
-Improving the services and the infrastructure in your colony will also make people move into your community. You may add one family for every community lot you add.

RESTRICTIONS AND HOW TO LIFT THEM

School
There is no school in your colony. You must prevent children from going to school.
Requirements for lifting this restriction:
-There must be at least twelve people living in your colony (your family included).

Medicine
Hospital births are not allowed and woohooing may always lead to a pregnancy (roll a six-sided die or use random.org first: 1 means you need to pick the interaction Try for baby instead, and if you roll 2-6 you can just pick Woohoo). You can always choose to Try for baby if you want to.
-There must be at least three different community lots in your colony

Electricity
There is no electricity yet. You may not use the computer, the TV, the radio etc. (You may use the fridge, however).
-There must be at least four different community lots in your colony AND one of the sims in your current family must have 6 skill points in Handiness

Careers
You may not have a normal job as there aren’t any companies or infrastructure. Careers are therefore not allowed, but you may use other means to earn money (painting, collecting, gardening, fishing etc.)
-There must be at least five different community lots in your colony
-There must also be at least thirty people living in your colony (including your family)

Higher education
There are no possibilities for higher education in your colony. If you unlock this, you can always choose the traits for your sims when they age up or are born.
-You need to lift the restriction School first
-To lift this restriction, one of the sims in your current family must have the trait Genius and be at least a young adult.

ADDING COMMUNITY LOTS

There may only be one community lot of each type (ie. one café or restaurant, one pub or bar, one library etc.). One heir can unlock and add only one community lot during their lifetime, unless they have one or several of the following traits: Business Savvy, Genius, Ambitious. In that case, they may unlock and add one community lot per each of those traits that they have during their lifetime.

When a community lot has a certain cost, you can either pay for that lot or try to fill the other requirements, in which case you won't have to pay anything. If you decide to pay, just use a money cheat to reduce your money by the required amount.

You don't have to add all the community lots listed here in order to win this challenge. You can choose which ones to build.

A church / a wedding venue / some other nice place for your colony to gather and meet each other
This should preferably be the first public building or venue that you create. There are many nice choices in the Gallery (under General), but you can also build it yourself. Just remember not to make it too modern!
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Handiness

A café, a restaurant or a bakery
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Gourmet cooking

A pub or a bar
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Mixology

A museum or an art gallery
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Painting

A library
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Writing

A concert hall or a lounge
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Guitar, Violin or Piano

A park
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 6 skill points in Gardening

A nightclub
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have 8 friends outside the current family

A gym
Unlocking requirements:
-Cost: 5000 simoleons OR your heir must have fully completed their aspiration (it doesn’t matter which aspiration he / she has)

If there is anything that needs clarification, please let me know! This was a rather lengthy challenge to write, so it's quite possible that I haven't been able to think all the rules through as well as I would have liked. Feel free to point out any miscrepancies or unclear rules to me!

What about the Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Patio, Lagaray pack? Could we combine and also when starting what jobs are allowed? What about Coustom Traits?
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 4:09 AM
Beat this challenge once-but I decided to play again. It is one of my favs. I made a facebook page, instead of a regular bolg, if you wanna see how its going. McNeil Family
Test Subject
#108 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 7:12 PM
My settlers: Lillian and Isaac Everton. They have 2 kids now, and Lillian's garden is my pride and joy. Loving this challenge!!! :D
Screenshots
Test Subject
#109 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 5:36 PM
Intriguing! I will certainly give it a go!
Test Subject
#110 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 7:41 PM
Default Interesting
This looks like it will be very interesting. I'll give it a try.
Test Subject
#111 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:37 PM
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I've started this challenge a few days ago and I just LOVE it

Any suggestions where I could set up a page to post my Setllers' story?

„A new beginning. That was what Helen and I had been looking for. A small, fertile piece of land where we could give our children a good start in life and watch them grow. No more slaving away just to barely get by in a city filled with low-lifes and criminals. The peace and quiet of fields dancing in the wind and a clear stream to fish in was what I wanted for my family and now we are here. Let's see what this new life has to offer.“

Meet Samuel and Helen Nolan, the first settlers and founders of a new Colony with lush greens and fertile ground as far as the eye can see. The Newlyweds are just as eager as me to take on this new challenge and build the life they've always dreamed of. They both know that it probably won't be easy, but they're ready to put in the hard work that is needed for this isolated life, just like they were when they built their new, humble little home.

Lab Assistant
#112 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:24 PM
Eubel, your settlers look great! I've found blogger blogs easy to use.

I think I will give this a try. I love having big families but I hate controlling more than one sim :D
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:14 PM
Hello, I'm super excited to try this challenge! I have a question about the randomized traits and aspirations. Some of the aspirations are impossible to complete without electricity or visiting certain venues (Computer Whiz, Bodybuilder) so can I remove these from the pool of randomized possibilities until I unlock those restrictions? Like if one of my founders rolls Computer Whiz and I'm still 3 or 4 community lots (probably 3 generations) from having electricity, I could just be SOL on that sim.

I think I'm going to play for now rerolling those aspirations if I get them, and 'make up' for the difficulty by keeping my custom traits relating to mental illness--those sure never made any sims' lives easier!
Scholar
#114 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:34 PM
Not sure if changing aspirations is against the spirit of the challenge, but going by the letter it is allowed. So you'd roll an aspiration, keep the trait that goes with it, then sometime during their life when they hit a wall re-roll their aspiration (this time without the benefit of an aspiration trait). And Mentor allows you to select your traits/aspirations for the offspring. I grabbed it late, when my founder was an elder, because it didn't make sense for him to develop it earlier. But at 1000 aspiration points it's not that hard to get.
Test Subject
#115 Old 13th May 2017 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ainotar
Eubel, your settlers look great! I've found blogger blogs easy to use.

I think I will give this a try. I love having big families but I hate controlling more than one sim :D

Thank you I'll have a look at those blogs, might give it a go and create one for my Settlers. I'd love to see yours if you go ahead and start the challenge yourself
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 17th May 2017 at 1:03 PM
I started this challenge! It's here: http://seagullsims.blogspot.com/ I wanted a few more random events as well so here are some ideas:

-Plague! Roll for severity:
  • 1) Pandemic: For every family in your colony, there is a 1 in 6 chance that a sim dies, including yours. If someone dies, determine them randomly.
  • 2-4) Outbreak: Five sim houses are struck by disease. For each there is a 1 in 6 chance that a sim will die. If someone dies, determine them randomly.
  • 5) Outbreak: Three sim houses are struck by disease. For each there is a 1 in 6 chance that a sim will die. If someone dies, determine them randomly.
  • 6) Your colony is safe from infection.
-Storms off the coast! You cannot buy or sell anything this week through the inventory panel or Buy/Build mode deletion. You may sell your paintings to the Art Gallery if you have built one.

-There is a hunting accident and someone in your family has a close call. Choose a male (or any) sim randomly. If the sim has 6 skill points in Fitness, they pass the event. If not, you have the chance to unlock Medicine by the end of the week to help the sim survive their injuries. If you have already unlocked Medicine you automatically pass the event. (CL: If everyone in your family is a Vegetarian or the chosen sim is a Vegetarian, ignore this event.)

-An oddball in your colony is proclaiming earth-shattering ideas. You can investigate their theories or ignore them and silence the blasphemer. You must have a Library built in order to participate in this event, otherwise ignore it.
  • -Investigate: Have your Heir raise their Logic skill by 3 points by the end of the week, then roll a die to see whether they were a genius in the rough or truly out there.
-1) They Were Right: Scientific Advancement! Count this as 7 free citizens or 1 distinct lot toward your next Restriction Unlock.
-2-6) They Were Wrong: No harm in checking these things out. Things calm down and go back to the status quo.
  • -Silence: There is no room in such a small community for this kind of dissension. (Hard Mode: Choose 1 sim at random in your colony. Kill them.) Things calm down and go back to the status quo.

-Drought! For every garden plant that you have, flip a coin for its survival. Delete every plant that dies and set your family funds back to what you had before the drought.
Test Subject
#117 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:49 PM
I have one question - what do you mean by higher education? Do you mean like High School, so teenagers can't go to school? Sorry, English isn't my first language
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 27th May 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eubel
I have one question - what do you mean by higher education? Do you mean like High School, so teenagers can't go to school? Sorry, English isn't my first language

'Higher education' usually means college or university. I think it's a metaphor in this challenge, though! Since there isn't a real "College" expansion pack like older Sims games had, the restriction just has to do with choosing your sim's traits. Hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 9:39 PM
I started this challenge a few days ago. It's been pretty fun so far. I rolled "hates children" for the sim I'm controlling lol and now she is pregnant. She is not a happy sim. Her husband is "insane". Apparently while she was in the bath after a hard day of working the fields with no help from lazy husband, he decided it was a great idea to invite Vladislaus into the house. The next night when they were asleep, Vlad came back and helped himself to a meal from the husband. My sim promptly woke up, took one look at them, and went into the other room and washed the dishes. I think she hasn't forgiven him for the pregnancy yet. lol I wish I had a screenshot of all this, but I was laughing too hard and almost always forget to take pics until it is too late.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:04 AM
I think that this challenge is cool, in a while I will make it
It will take place in castle times
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:41 PM Last edited by katysim3 : 21st Jun 2017 at 3:53 PM.
Finally got around to setting this up, I'm doing it as an apocalypse theme. My sims are one of the few survivors after a nuclear war wipes out a lot of the civilization. Belle and Oris, I'm controlling Belle because her aspiration is easier (nerd brain).
Field Researcher
#122 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:05 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 20th Jul 2017 at 5:51 PM.
Default Settling Swaincrest
My starting couple are completely randomized.

Belle is a genius and that should help eventually but right now it is just really frustrating for her. The family only has 3 books (level 1 skill in handiness, cooking, and gardening). She doesn't feel mentally challenged. Her entire life is physically challenging though, not a fun balance for this genius.

Erik is a little more easy-going. He enjoys fishing and woodworking.

Their first child, Josephine, was born just after their grill and couch were lost in a fire. She spent most of her toddlerhood eating raw fruits and veggies from her parents inventories. When the grill was finally replaced, her parents got to work making her a playmate.

Their second child is their heir, Matias. Both kids were charming but discipline has been a tough go. Both parents are ALWAYS doing something else to keep them alive or try to attract new colonists. The kids are probably left to their own devices too often.

That brings us to the third child, Omari. Between Josephine & Matias, fishing, woodworking, gardening, and charisma skill, Omari was virtually ignored ACCIDENTALLY. He did not survive long.

With a new resolve to make this new world work and be successful, Erik & Belle had a 4th child Iliana and then a 5th named Omari again

Erik is at 9 handiness now. Belle is at 6 charisma and near there in gardening & cooking. With 6 or more in handiness and gardening, I was able to add a community lot. I combined park & wedding venue since I didn't want one of each. Belle reached 6 charisma and the new family added was a single man. Erik is now working on charisma to get another family (hopefully a larger family). The kids are all getting the IRRESPONSIBLE trait because of their grades since they have never attended school.

They rolled "found gold" really really early on but I ignored it since I thought it would help them out too much. Then the next Sunday, they rolled it again so I allowed it.

Erik's handiness is really the major money maker right now. He can sell bathtubs for like $900 when they only cost $355 to make. Between charisma and woodworking, Erik doesn't do much else.

I'm about 4 weeks in.

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#123 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:46 PM
Default Swaincrest: Conflict At The Border
Erik has maxed HANDINESS and now mentors his heir, Matias, in the skill. Thanks to his quality work, the family has a decent nest egg ($5,000).

Belle's garden is thriving. She's spliced some plants but only has about 14 different kinds. We are missing some simple plants like tomato, onion, and carrot.

The kids can FINALLY attend school. They are doing alright considering how bad their grades had gotten. All the children are struggling with the responsibility trait except Omari. Omari, as the youngest, didn't miss any school but he is insane so responsibility isn't the problem, emotional control and empathy are his goals.

The community has 18 people now so the older kids finally have some love interest options. The Buckley family has twin teenagers, a son and a daughter. The Farrell family has two older daughters, a young adult and a teen. And of course, Brennan Lucero is a single man still looking for love. The younger kids have playmates now. The Buckley's have 2 young sons and the Farrell's have 1.

For the 5th week? roll, the community faced a CONFLICT AT THE BORDER. All the adults left but on the first roll, the war ended and all returned.

Josephine should be an adult in one day with Matias just behind her. I'm looking forward to marrying her off and getting some grandbabies!
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#124 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 4:10 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 29th Jul 2017 at 3:12 AM.
Default Swaincrest: Autumn Festival
Josephine aged up and fell for the only non-family member guest at her birthday party. She and Brennan Lucero were married very quickly.

Matias aged up and also fell for the only non-family member guest at his birthday party. He and Jada Farrell were married within the year.

Now both the little kids are teenagers, the garden is doing very well and has some new plants thanks to Matias and Jada's honeymoon vacation harvesting, and Erik and Belle have a little granddaughter.

The Sunday random roll added a little boy to Jo and Brennan's family.

The Luceros are now the parents of Meghan & Santos.
Matias & Jada had a daughter, Janae, and are expecting a 2nd child now.

Matias achieved 6 charisma and a new family was added: widower Ronan Narayanan and his young daughter Ciera.
Jana achieved 6 charisma and another family was added: Devan & Alissa Norton and their two children, Josephine & Darian.

Through spontaneous marriage (MC Command), Ronan Narayanan married Chana Buckley (twin sister of Conner Buckley who is pictured below at a wedding)

The neighborhood has 27 people. Also we have a cow plant

Test Subject
#125 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
I have an idea for a community lot, a town hall. For a requirement perhaps you need at least 30 people in your colony or your heir needs 10 charisma. The town hall would allow for adoptions and perhaps divorces.
Page 5 of 6