Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:59 PM
Default What tools do you use/want for drawing?
List things like coloring tools or even shading and spreading tools. I currently have sand paper and those little sticks for shading. I have a B6 pincle and also B2, I have many more but I don't usually use them. I also had a clay eraser, but that has gotten lost many moons ago. I had a normal eraser, but I tend to loose that and use the eraser of normal pincels. I use photoshop to do my coloring, it was a little hard at first, but I gotten better at it; also, I wish I had a tablet, it'll make it so much easier to color and even draw on photoshop.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:12 PM
When drawing people like to use the pensil to other things I love to watercolor and pastel. I like to use photoshop too
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:29 PM
I use a pencil or a pen, and colored pencils. Maybe one I get better I'll use different ones..

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:44 PM
I love watercolour pencils
Theorist
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
I love watercolour pencils too.
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:33 PM
I use pastels the most, and acrylic paint.

See i have no choice but be isolated
Threatened
Forced to extract the heart
Pushed aside
Made segregated
Struggling
Left alone
Apart...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:26 AM
I actually use pencils, not to thin. Most of the time a 2B.
Then I'm going to ink it with a black fine-liner, erase the pencil lines and then I'm going to scan it to my laptop.
When that's done I'm going to color it into Adobe Photoshop 7.
But most of the time my drawings fail cuz I can't draw that pretty. :P

I got a drawing tablet last year, which included ArtRage. I LOVE the programme. It's a big drawing programme, can't really explain. You can paint with your tablet so it really looks like a painting. And draw with your tablet so it really looks like a drawing.
But you should Google it and try it out! :D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
I want a tablet so much, I do my coloring on computer and it'll be so much better if I had a tablet, plus I'd like to get into flash as well.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:58 PM
You have one for 50 euro's. That's the cheapest I've found. But I personally think the cheaper tablets are just as good. Maybe with less options or without an eraser..
It's something that you often use and it's really worth the money.
I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun in white. Which includes ArtRage. It's the smalles version you can get, but it's enough to draw. And don't know why I need a bigger version. You could use one if you are a big artist or if you have a business.
Screenshots

Theorist
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:02 PM
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
Well, it decides which kind of tablet you choose. You have small tablets (10x13cm/4x5inch) , medium tablets (15x20cm/6x8inch) and large tablets (23x30cm/9x12inch or higher).
And you also have tablets with a screen. So you draw directly onto the screen, digital.
These are even more expensive.
I got mine for 100 euro's WITH ArtRage, but you can get a good one for 50 without any programme. Is it very expensive? Yes, and no

Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
I've seen some with smaller screens (about 8X6, even some that were 11X8) but I wasn't sure if that was just so small that it'll be out of the question. The cheapest I saw was about fifty sixty dollars, but they were small . What size do you think would be good? I know the bigger the better, but I need something cheap because my mother would get me one for my birthday.

Also, what program do you use with your tablet? I have photoshop, and I here that that's the best, but they got this manga studio that I hear is better for drawing comics and stuff.

My city =D
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 10:40 AM
Well, my tablet screen is 15 (width) x 9,5 cm (length)/ 6 x 3,7 inch. And it's very good and practical. Don't know any reason to buy a bigger one, even when it was cheaper. You don't need so much space for drawing than you would think, really. AND, the tablet has to fit your desk.
So that tablet isn't that small at all!You don't need a big tablet, unless you want to make it your work and you have a business or something.
First I thought too that it was too small, but it is not and it's really handy.
Of course it's your choise. I can't make a decision for you. And all tablets are good!:D

I use often Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 and soooooometimes ArtRage. But a tablets is really handy for all sorts of programmes.
I just think these are very handy and professional.
I only read about Comicworks in a 'digital painting book' a special programme for comicsIt's indeed better for comics and stuff. It looks a bit like photoshop, but has some other options. And it's only in black and white. But it prints the pictures at a high quality.
I also heard about Manga Studio, but don't know exactly what that means. Can't help you with that. You should Google it.

Theorist
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:28 AM
I love to have a tablets with a screen! I start to save money... or work more ...
Forum Resident
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:18 PM
They're so cool, but so expensive. Wish I had one

Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:21 PM
How much are they?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:34 PM
Well, can't tell you exactly. But if a small tablet without a screen, cost 50/100 euros, then I'm sure a tablet with a screen is more expensive.
The cheapest I've found till now is 795,- euro's (see pic). This is a medium size and is bigger than a small tablet.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:41 PM
Oh my fatucking
That's over $1000??? Shizz!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:44 PM
I paint t-shirts for children with acrylic paints, I hope can sell some more, this would help.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:47 PM
*blanch*
How much is they? I'll order one! My brother would love that shirt!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:48 PM
20€
Also portrait drawing, but people do not want to pay much, no one here appreciates the art ...
Forum Resident
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:57 PM
Yes Caz, that's... Expensive
Cuute!
Could you post some pic's of your art? I'm searching for some nice paintings for my bedroom

Theorist
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:00 PM
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:02 PM
Tis' $28 in mah cash...Shizz I has nowhere to convert moneyz...
I swear, if I showed zach that shirt, he'd go yelling to mom "I WANT THAT SHIRT! IT HAS LIGHTENING MCQUEEN ON IT!"

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:04 PM
When I get home photo shoot a few of my paintings.
I paint a lot of t-shirt with pokemons and the kids love them.

Page 1 of 4