Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11526 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
It's fun to combine Never Nude with Insane. Then you get sims bathing in ballgowns.

That's one thing I would like to see Maybe I should try it out. Some day...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11527 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 6:49 PM
The completely at ease moodlet blocks fairies from running out of magic. Nothing like infinite auras and blooms.
Instructor
#11528 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
A reference to famed analrapist (one word, mind you) Tobias Fünke, yes.

"It wasn't the pronunciation that bothered me"

Quote: Originally posted by Giga
So, after all these years I finally learned there are earthquakes in the sims. And the firefighter profession is probably one of the best careers in this whole franchise. Too bad small fires are buggy but all the special scenarios are amazing. I'm starting to think that all the early EPs are the best ones.

Oh you sweet, summer child It was really fun in the beginning but then as you progress to upper levels you'll see why it's probably the most buggy profession of all... From the mildly annoying "Here's a giant ass fire truck, hope you have half a lot empty for that damn parking space" that now serves as a preferred vehicle to the sim no matter how many other, normal ones they have in the inventory and how much you assign them to use them (drove me up the wall that they'd use said truck to go the 2 blocks to the grocery store or on a night out) to the fact that its maintenance meter depletes almost fully in a single day. Add to that the home fire alarm that also needs daily maintenance and you've spent half your life tinkering away. And those are just at your house, the ones at the station that you're supposedly not required to go to at top levels still deplete every day and since your "coworkers" don't do shit but stand about and chat/play pingpong/pick their nose all day guess who gets to do that, too. And of course we can't forget the classics "House fire scenario glitches out and the job still doesn't get completed even tho there's nothing to do on the lot and the only way to get rid of it is resetting the whole town", "Home fire alarm glitches out and goes off every single day even when there's no emergency and you can't respond and do anything except reset the damn thing to shut it up", "Sim goes to respond to emergency in fire truck, does job, heads back to station jogging, leaving fire truck stuck in the middle of the street that later gets zapped by vehicle clean up so now you have none", etc. Good times I forgot where I was going with this but I guess my point was enjoy it before it annoys the crap outta you, lol
Field Researcher
#11529 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:22 AM
I'm playing it in sunset valley and I have not experienced any of those issues. My sim had been lvl 10 for ages. If maintaining takes forever for you, make sure the sim's mechanical skill is full. Also, no point maintaining the fire station at all. Only the alarm on your home lot will go off. My only issue aside the small fires glitch is that the getting promotions is way too easy. My sim went from lvl 1 to lvl 5 in one day while reading a mechanical skill book in the library. Bet I can tune this though
Instructor
#11530 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
I'm playing it in sunset valley and I have not experienced any of those issues. My sim had been lvl 10 for ages. If maintaining takes forever for you, make sure the sim's mechanical skill is full. Also, no point maintaining the fire station at all. Only the alarm on your home lot will go off. My only issue aside the small fires glitch is that the getting promotions is way too easy. My sim went from lvl 1 to lvl 5 in one day while reading a mechanical skill book in the library. Bet I can tune this though

I must be incredibly unlucky then, cause all of the above (+more) has happened in a single game. I'm just waiting on my firefighter sim to complete his ltw of saving umpteen sims before I get him the hell out of that profession.

On an unrelated note, today I've seen a new reaction to "Check out new object". Usually they swing between equally overdramatic deranged clapping and bursting out in tears - today my sim just looked at the thing for a while, complete with several headtilts, shrugged and went "Meh." For some reason I found it hilarious. So the toilet paper roll sent you into euphoria, but a nice painting you coulnd't give a rat's ass about.
Mad Poster
#11531 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
On an unrelated note, today I've seen a new reaction to "Check out new object". Usually they swing between equally overdramatic deranged clapping and bursting out in tears - today my sim just looked at the thing for a while, complete with several headtilts, shrugged and went "Meh." For some reason I found it hilarious. So the toilet paper roll sent you into euphoria, but a nice painting you coulnd't give a rat's ass about.

I always enjoy seeing their reactions and Avant Garde sims' critiques of objects that aren't really visible, such as a One More Slot Please (OMSP).
Scholar
#11532 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:21 AM
I don't know, I was pretty pleased when we moved and the toilet paper holder was much easier to change and also no longer banged me in the knee. Though that's not a reaction to the holder...
Scholar
#11533 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:25 AM
A while ago I was playing with an Avant Garde sim and also going through a phase of collecting cc clutter like random dishes and stacks of paper. I liked to put a mug on the edge of a desk by the computer or a stack of papers on a table just inside the door, I swear that sim had preferred paper stacks and had ranked all the decor dishes laying around. At least I knew he wasn't a sim that would go straight to the apiaries when left to his own devices...
Field Researcher
#11534 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 10:22 AM
So either this is proof that I am the most oblivious player ever or my game is borked, but sim's hairstyle does not cast shadows

Can anyone check their sim's shadows?
Mad Poster
#11535 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 3:18 PM
That's not a you thing, that's a TS3 thing. Sim hair does not cast shadows. It kinda sucks.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11536 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 3:40 PM
Sims will always wash dishes at the sink with the highest hygiene rating. It seems to go hygiene>proximity, so keeping the dining table close to the kitchen and the kitchen sink better than the bathroom keeps the sims doing dishes where they're supposed to.
Field Researcher
#11537 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:05 AM
If your sim is cheating on their partner or has a bad romantic rep (not sure on this tbh but my sim is a player), they will have the "reassure" option under romantic. It works like the opposite of confess to cheating, for all the sims that are determined to not let the lie slip .

My sim's gf looked shocked afterwards though, I think she didn't know about his rumours now she is suspicious.
Mad Poster
#11538 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
If your sim is cheating on their partner or has a bad romantic rep (not sure on this tbh but my sim is a player), they will have the "reassure" option under romantic. It works like the opposite of confess to cheating, for all the sims that are determined to not let the lie slip .

My sim's gf looked shocked afterwards though, I think she didn't know about his rumours now she is suspicious.

"Honey, I also want to 'reassure' you that I am most certainly not stealing 20% of your paychecks from the family funds, nor am I burning secret herbs in our bedroom in the middle of the night so you can perform goofy acrobatic tricks for the neighbors while you are asleep. Just wanted to make sure you knew these things."

"Well, that's a relief. I guess. Wait...whaaat?!"
Scholar
#11539 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:49 PM
Fleas! I let the family cat interact whit a stray cat and after that she had fleas jumping all over. I did read the ingame help section and there was some talk about a device that could be used to clean the pets but I did not find it in bay mode. I did not think that cats could be cleaned in a bathtub (as many cat breeds hates water irl) but it worked fine!
Lab Assistant
#11540 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Fleas! I let the family cat interact whit a stray cat and after that she had fleas jumping all over. I did read the ingame help section and there was some talk about a device that could be used to clean the pets but I did not find it in bay mode. I did not think that cats could be cleaned in a bathtub (as many cat breeds hates water irl) but it worked fine!

The device is probably the Pet Hygienator which is a lifetime reward that can be purchased by pets. But you can also buy in it buydebug.
Instructor
#11541 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 11:23 PM
Don't know why it took me that long to figure it out, but I found out you can swap rabbitholes with the transmogrifier. Basically any given shell can be any other (existing) type of rabbithole. No more ugliness! I went around my edited Bridgeport and got rid of all the eyesores. That highrise shell from RH with the golden pyramid roof for example made a great bistro that actually fits with the style of the other buildings.
Scholar
#11542 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 2:46 AM
Don't know why it took me that long to figure it out, but I found out you can swap rabbitholes with the transmogrifier. Basically any given shell can be any other (existing) type of rabbithole. No more ugliness! I went around my edited Bridgeport and got rid of all the eyesores. That highrise shell from RH with the golden pyramid roof for example made a great bistro that actually fits with the style of the other buildings.

I have tried that several different times and never gotten it to work
I wonder why.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#11543 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 5:54 AM

Although this can probably be done in other ways without the mod, I have to admit that the notion of a world filled entirely with Mausoleums where one is the police station, one is a stadium, one is a high school, etc. sounds awfully appealing all of a sudden.
Scholar
#11544 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 1:58 PM
Has anyone done an entire world of ghosts? Sounds like it would work nicely for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride underworld.
Instructor
#11545 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I have tried that several different times and never gotten it to work
I wonder why.

That's weird, it worked without any issue when I tried it... I put the RH i wanted to have the changes down, put the other one that provided the necessary script right next to it, copy script => paste script => delete second one and then test. What happened when you tried it, did they route fail or something?

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Although this can probably be done in other ways without the mod, I have to admit that the notion of a world filled entirely with Mausoleums where one is the police station, one is a stadium, one is a high school, etc. sounds awfully appealing all of a sudden.

Lol more architecturally cohesive town, cemetery city - whatever floats your boat Is every lot gonna have a graveyard as well, lol? Also a mausoleum hospital is morbidly amusing, kinda like a time saver if your sim doesn't make it... can't imagine what spa procedures would such a facility offer, tho
Scholar
#11546 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:51 PM
When you unlock hairs from outfit to outfit it also applies to beards and eyebrows. ::annoyed emoji face:: I've spent far too long ensuring this old guy wears a hat when appropriate and always has his beard.
Forum Resident
#11547 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 1:24 PM
Mew I got 2 funny stuffs to share with you. As you know Pets got fears probably more sporadic than in the sims 4 but they got. I ignored my simself cat was scared of the deco toilet brush I placed close to the toilet. LOL (and it is not an ingame object but a cc)
I got a cat that asked permission to her owner to come back home , she is skittish and she has other negative traits. Her owner approved.
My god I love this game, the sims are so real !!

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#11548 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
When you unlock hairs from outfit to outfit it also applies to beards and eyebrows. ::annoyed emoji face:: I've spent far too long ensuring this old guy wears a hat when appropriate and always has his beard.

Wait......you were trying to make a guy who shaves his beard and trims his eyebrows when he goes to bed, and then immediately grows them back when he wakes up?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11549 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:02 PM
That's weird, it worked without any issue when I tried it... I put the RH i wanted to have the changes down, put the other one that provided the necessary script right next to it, copy script => paste script => delete second one and then test. What happened when you tried it, did they route fail or something?

Yes, the routing always fails when I have tried this. I may try again to see if it works with the original EA rabbitholes, I think I was using the recolorable ones.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#11550 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Wait......you were trying to make a guy who shaves his beard and trims his eyebrows when he goes to bed, and then immediately grows them back when he wakes up?

I just wanted him to not wear his newboy cap to bed, while swimming, or exercising! Instead, the options seem to be hat + beard or no hat + no beard and with how CAS lags in my game... I was ready to just say Fuck it.
Page 462 of 490