Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:18 AM
Default Changes to the Changes Required feature within the Moderation Queue
Hi All,

The staff regularly have brainstorming sessions where ideas get suggested and (possibly) implemented, and we talk about a lot of different things. One of the topics today turned towards the moderation queue - specifically, how can we make it easier for creators to both see what needs updating, how we can help the moderators to see what has been updated, and also how can we have two-way communication between creators and staff outside of the Creator Issues forum.

To that end, we have made the following changes to items in the moderation queue:
  • On the thread screen, you now see a list of the Changes Required reasons appearing above the download text. This mirrors the list that you would have recieved in your PM inbox, but as it's on the thread it's a lot easier to remember what to fix without having to keep another window open.
  • Additionally, lets say you fix the text and maybe a couple of other things, but you don't have time to fix the screenshots today and will do it tommorow. Previously when moderators looked at a thread they had no idea what the status was or when the creator would update it. Now, a creator can say "Okay I've fixed the description" and tick the box, then click Update. This acts much like a to-do list.
  • There is a new tickbox "I'm ready for this to be reviewed by a moderator". What does this mean? Well, it's basically to say "I'm done with my changes". This then activates a special flag in the moderation queue so that the staff can easily see which threads have been deemed "Changed" by the creators.
  • Finally, underneath the tickbox there is a box. What is this box for? Well, part of the issue has always been communication - staff can communicate with creators with the Other box, but often Creators cannot ask for help, or give us input without using Creator Issues, which is a bit unweildy. Using this new text box, Creators can now send feedback to the staff about particular questions or changes directly on the thread.

That sums it up, essentially. But I'm sure you have some questions, so here is an FAQ:

Q: I've made as many changes as I could, but I haven't done them all - can I still tick the box to get it reviewed?

A: Yes, you can - but please try and indicate why you didn't fix everything using the textbox. Maybe you are confused, or didn't understand something. Please tell us.

Q: I entered text in the box and clicked Update and it went away!

A: This happens if you enter text but don't tick the "I'm ready for this to be reviewed by a moderator" box. Please enter text and tick the box - the reviewing bit can mean "read my text!" too.

(Any more FAQ questions will get put here)

Please note that although we have given you, the creators, a way to communicate more easily back with us, if you abuse this by swearing, calling us names, or generally attacking the site and it's staff, then that's a quick trip to upload restriction. We are doing this for you - which will help us to get through things quicker.

If there are any points in this that are confusing, please let me know.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
32 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:44 AM
Well this will mke it much easier for me! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:48 AM
Delphy, this will help a lot. thanks to you and all the staff
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 5:43 AM
Fantastic! This makes uploading a much less cumbersome affair. Thanks!

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Alchemist
#5 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 6:44 AM
This looks like a very useful change. Thankyou!
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 7:18 AM
This is wonderful, I was hoping for something like this.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 8:10 AM
After all it's all about boxes.. Thank you for the improvement.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 9:10 AM
Outstanding! *applause*
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 10:32 AM
this is great for me, since something is ALWAYS forgotten or wrong when I upload. I guess i'm just talented. Nice, this'll make uploading better and easier.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:04 PM
Oh much easier - for uploads and the staff Some good changes!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:14 PM
Great and effective changes, Delphy. Much ease all around. thank you!
Wiki Wizard
#12 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:36 PM
This is a really good idea, i think you should make another change and tell us what the formula for getting picked is Just joking, anyway, thanks for this i am sure it will come in extremely handy!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:13 PM
This is really a good idea and will help a lot

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Theorist
#14 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 4:45 PM
*Gooo Changes!*

This should no only speed up things, but add a great more depth and remove the "Issues" that we talked about/Raised/all of the other stuff we said in Stephanie's Journal Entry.

This new system is great Delphy, Well done and Great thanks!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 5:25 PM
Thank you, that's wonderful

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 8:05 PM
It's a handy addition to have added. This, along with the update to the bit that "remembers" which CC belongs to which creator, makes uploading a whole lot easier.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Scholar
#17 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 11:31 PM
All right this will make uploads easier, thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:33 AM
Thanks Delphy! This is a great improvement to the site.

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:50 PM
this is a great improvement!!! i like that discussion with the moderators is possible now!!! thank u, delphy!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:14 PM
ganguro, Discussion with the moderators has always been possible, via the Creator Issues forum - this just streamlines that process to make it easier.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 6:19 PM
Thanks, this will really be better than the usual "change ***** and *****" Or "Screenshots must be *****" This should clarify a whole lot of things for when an upload is rejected.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:18 AM
Sounds wonderful! Thank you much!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:22 AM
Okay, so will you get a PM saying you need to change something or will you just have to keep checking your suscribed threads? I'm kinda confused.

Whee.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 4:39 AM
That's a great idea. Now there should not be mysteries as to why things got rejected when you thought you'd followed all the instructions. :0)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:57 AM
HappySim, you have always gotten a PM when you need to change something - that hasn't, well, changed.

Page 1 of 4