Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:37 PM
Default Silly idea maybe, workable probably not, still have to say it though
I'm reading all the threads I can on creating content and the same thing is coming up over and over. Now I know someone will have thought of this but maybe not the right person.

Everyone wants bodyshop.

We have people here who do wonderful things and create all these fantastic programs for us to use. We have the CTU, the modding program, etc.

Couldn't a really clever person back engineer bodyshop and remake it for Sims 3? If you can create from scratch, then can't you modify the old one to work for us? Perhaps a team of the best could work together on it.

Is it under copyright?
Is it coded differently?

Please don't shout at me, I'm old, lmao
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:10 PM
Word on the Streets is that Delphy is thinking about adding it to a later version of CTU.

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I've pondered adding this to a later version of CTU (which seems to be turning into a Body Shop replacement) but it wont be for a while now.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:46 PM
That would not be Bodyshop, it would more be a preview of created content in his tool.

That would be really helpful.

But to the question above: It is way too much work and way too time consuming to create a limited simulator for Sims 3 including shaders and lighting to preview things.

Of course is the the code for the Sims 2 Bodyshop copyrighted by Maxis/EA. And since the game-engine has undergone a heavy revamp (codingwise) between Sims 2 und Sims 3 you cannot just recycle the old bodyshop. Sims 3 has a new or at least heavily changed game engine under its hood, even if the game looks quite similar to Sims 2.

Just use the game. Install the no-intro-mod and you will be into CAS in no time. I can remember the awful loading times of the S2-bodyshop all too clear...

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 2:36 PM
When you get down to it, TS2 BodyShop was really just about importing/exporting textures and showing them on a 3d mesh, plus finding which mesh to use. Which, except for the 3d bit, are totally possible using the CTU.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
I saw that you were thinking of adding the 3d viewer to the CPU, that would make such a difference to the tool.

I actually don't find the load times on my game too bad, but then I'm not making something, then trying it, then fixing, then trying, like some folks are.

I need to have another go with your tool. I have a night of tonight, finally and I have a bit of time on my hands.