Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:48 PM
Default Eye Colors
I was wondering if someone who has done an eye mod could possibly tell me something. I'm not very computer savvy, and I've never done any modding, but I was wondering if anyone can see any possibility of making multicolored eyes. I'm not requesting it, I'm just wondering if you think it is possible.

In TS2, there were multicolored eyes, such as green with gold highlights, or yellow in the center with blue around the edges. In TS3, the eye color customization is very different, so I'm curious if it will ever be possible to have something similar.

I realize this is another "is this possible?" question, so it's okay if no one really knows.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
No, it is not possible. You can only apply one hue to a sim's eye color.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:19 AM
Okay. That's slightly disappointing, but thanks for responding.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:28 AM
You might not be able to directly make multi-colored eyes, but you might be able to work around the issue with accessories. Make "contacts," if you will.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
I was just about to suggest contacts! Probably using a custom make up mesh as a template...

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:47 PM
Hmm, I've been thinking about this (the more I do, the more I want cat eyes!). The one huge problem I see is that the eyes move, and the contacts wouldn't move with them until you somehow "tied" the contacts to the eye animations. It's almost certainly possible (every other clothing item is tied to animations), but I have no idea how to do it, and there's no clothing item that moves when the eyes move.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to do this?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamb
Hmm, I've been thinking about this (the more I do, the more I want cat eyes!). The one huge problem I see is that the eyes move, and the contacts wouldn't move with them until you somehow "tied" the contacts to the eye animations. It's almost certainly possible (every other clothing item is tied to animations), but I have no idea how to do it, and there's no clothing item that moves when the eyes move.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to do this?

http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355034

Seems someone's made a breakthru on that front. No tutorial yet, of course, but I do remember reading that the eye overlay moved with the eyes.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
I was wondering if someone who has done an eye mod could possibly tell me something. I'm not very computer savvy, and I've never done any modding, but I was wondering if anyone can see any possibility of making multicolored eyes. I'm not requesting it, I'm just wondering if you think it is possible.

In TS2, there were multicolored eyes, such as green with gold highlights, or yellow in the center with blue around the edges. In TS3, the eye color customization is very different, so I'm curious if it will ever be possible to have something similar.

I realize this is another "is this possible?" question, so it's okay if no one really knows.

Yes you can do this because I've done it successfully. The only problem is that some colors look funky depending on color you choose on the color swatch. I haven't released it because I'm still tweaking it. It's really easy too.

You just have to make an overlay above your eye texture with whatever color you want.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:18 AM
Just make sure that you leave some parts Grey so that the bottom color will show through.