Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:52 AM
Problem modding with vista
Hi all,

Hope im posting this in the right place, i am playing Sims 3 on my vista laptop and i downloaded a few mods. But i cant seem to get the mods to register in the game. Where do i put the downloaded mods after i have extracted them?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:13 AM
Did you use the Sim 3 Package installer?

(I have vista btw, and everything works fine for me)

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CadenXtreme
Hi all,

Hope im posting this in the right place, i am playing Sims 3 on my vista laptop and i downloaded a few mods. But i cant seem to get the mods to register in the game. Where do i put the downloaded mods after i have extracted them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hi guys,

Thx for the replies, i downloaded the helper and it installed the mods for me, thx again for the help. Really appreciate it
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:37 AM
Hi guys.
I used the helper to install some mods, but now, in the game it's super dark outside or red, day or night, even after uninstalling the mods. Anyone knows what happened? Thanks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Migasand
Hi guys.
I used the helper to install some mods, but now, in the game it's super dark outside or red, day or night, even after uninstalling the mods. Anyone knows what happened? Thanks

For some reason the game likes to randomly reject Resource.cfg and turn everything blood red - cheery. You'll have to copy and paste all the text from that file into a new notepad file, and overwrite Resource.cfg yourself. That seems to be the only thing that fixes it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
This topic is already covered in the sticky here. We don't need yet another thread on it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread