Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:16 PM
Default New Moodlets and Options for objects?
Is there any way to make new moodlets (The bonus's you get, Ie. "Having A Blast" or "Good Meal") yet?

Also is there any way to modify or invent new traits and options for objects, but not nessecarily new animations and such? Such as a "Change Desktop" option for the computer which would change the desktop image to something else or and "Turn on" option which would keep the computer on like you can with the TV.

Finally, is there anyway to change textures for certain things? Like the desktop image on computers or possibly make a custom painting or poster?

Any help would be greatly appriciated, hope that once I find out how to do things I can give something back to the community...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:41 PM
not currently, but im pretty sure that the options will be availible soon.

im not sure if the moodlets or traits will be able to be altered, but seeing as how you can unlock new traits, and there is a mod that gives those traits, then it seems likely that there could be a new one that gives new ones.

and moodlets are tied to objects so it might e possible to have a custom object give a new moodlet, or release an object mod that alters old objects to use new moodlets.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:44 PM
You can't do any of what you want to just yet. Patience, the game has only been out a few days.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by halfwing
and moodlets are tied to objects

You don't happen to know where to find the file that ties the moodlets to the objects? I have been searching for hours in the GameplayData.package file!
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:57 AM
http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=140.0

Seems the moodlets are not going to be easy to mod.

And on adding new interactions to objects, also not easy. Though obviously doable, as Lemmy's cell phone menus show But I think it's a core mod only thing.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Lemmy's cell phone menus

Have I missed something?