Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 12:53 AM
Default Using simpe to remove coding?
So sorry if this is the wrong place or even the wrong wording as I'm not sure if it should go in modding or tools. I know nothing about modding.

I downloaded the candy crafting station off Sim wardrobe, but see that it says each box of candy does something to the sim that eats it. I am guessing from the picture on the boxes that it includes making a sim platinum, attractive, smart etc. I would rather it have no effect and just sell normal candy boxes. Would it be possible to remove these effects? Is that easy to do? It's found on http://www.simwardrobe.com/ under Sims 2/Objects/ Other Objects.

I opened the first file in SimPE which I think is the machine itself with the other files being the candy boxes. Looking at it I am guessing this is not something simple, but I thought I would ask.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:18 AM
Yes, I believe that it's possible. There's definitely code somewhere in the object which is causing the different effects. It's hard to tell how easy it will be to remove without actually trying to modify it, though. From the sheer size of the mod, I'm guessing that it will be difficult.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:21 AM
So no specific area that I can just remove the code? And I guess no tutorials around on what to remove?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#4 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Dec 2013 at 1:41 AM.
I really doubt that there will be a tutorial. I'm looking through the mod now to see whether I can see anything obvious to remove.

[Update:] That's one painful mod.

On a quick inspection, it looks like one mod to control the machine and 8 mods to control the 8 different outputs. Each of the 8 mods has a BHAV "Interaction - Grab a Slice" which pushes the appropriate interaction. That may be a good place to start. Then again, that may just remove the eating animation and not the response to the candy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:39 AM
Well way too hard for me to tackle, but thanks for looking.

~Call me Jo~