Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:38 PM
Default Textured Mesh Not Showing Up in Game
Okay, so I'm new at making custom content for the Sims and I need some help. I've been reading tutorials and I finally figured out how to change the texture of a mesh and put it in the game. Or at least I thought so. When I finished it and put it into the game, I saw a new clothing item, but the mesh hadn't changed. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Here's what I did:

I used this tutorial to get the mesh, then I transferred it to my Mac to use Photoshop. Then when was done, I turned it back into .dds and transferred it back to my PC. Everything looked the same as the old mesh, just with a different texture. Next, I opened Delphy's CAS Part Editor, made a new file with the original mesh and replaced Stencil 1 with the newly textured mesh. I clicked commit changes, then added a new detsign. I chose Stencil 1 for the 1st stencil then clicked commit changes. Next I packaged the item as a CASPart then transferred the file to my other computer to put it in the game. Then I put it under The Sims 3.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages like it says for macs to do in Installing Sims 3 Package Files. When I open the game, though, it shows up as the original mesh.

Any help would be appreciated, because I am clueless to what I'm doing wrong.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:20 PM
yep, I get to the same stage as you, do everything in the tutorials and mine doesnt show either
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:31 AM
You need to replace the BASE TEXTURE not add a new stencil.

Read this:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...he_Base_Texture

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:35 AM
Yay, thank you! It works now. :)