Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:33 AM
Default Decreasing the size of the censor blur
I'm wanting to know if it is possible to decrease the size of the censor blur, if such a mod exists for the Sims 3, and/or if one was made in the past for The Sims 2. As it is now, it covers up the majority of the Sim and is quite annoying.

Now I have seen the mod that simply removes the blur altogether and presently have it installed, but that is just not what I want. I don't like the barbie look, its kinda creepy, and while there are custom skins that improve this a little bit, male and female Sims still lack their bits and pieces which is still creepy. And well, even if on the adult site they create sim plumbing, I'm just not interesting in seeing that either.

But the huuge censor is annoying...

So basically, and I think others can sympathize with me, I'm waiting/looking for a mod that just makes the censor blur smaller. Small enough to adequately tease, but not to reveal. For example the blur over woman's breasts would just cover a little bit of their breasts, not their entire midsection.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:10 AM
The blur is one big block tied to specific bones, as I recall. It's probably possible to change the size of the huge block but you'd have to do a DLL override using MSIL. Not for the faint of heart.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:33 PM
uhm... at sexysims (also free to join) there's hysterical's female skins with nipples and pubic hair..
and for men there's genitals in both soft and hard.. though unfortunately, only for adult and elder.. seems kinda silly, young males have genitals too..
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:34 PM
if i can figure out how.. and make it not look silly (mismatched genital) i'm gonna try to apply hysterical's male skin to the mesh with the genitals..