Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:59 PM Last edited by climbingsideways : 28th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM. Reason: spelling blunders
Default new mod squashed by awesome
I made a little bitty tuner mod to allow my sims to leave the baby at home while they go off fishing and carousing the town. It works well, but not when awesome mod is installed. All my mod does it change the values for CaregiverRoutingMonitor. It works fine with teenpreganacy by lostaccount. It should be compatible with any mod, but it is squashed by Awesome.

Why does awesome mod squash it? Is there anything i can do to make it compatible with awesome?

If I cannot make it compatible with awesome, are people interested in having it anyway? I can upload it if people want to test it out.

thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:27 PM Last edited by GiLaNg : 28th Jun 2009 at 7:46 PM.
As far as I know, AwesomeMod modifies most of Sims 3 library. They said that due the nature of the game, it will be likely that only one global mod can be installed regardless what kind of global mod it is because all scripts share the same library, well at least there're only 4-5 library in the game core, I don't know exactly. This is caused by the new kind of script which using the DLL-style library.

It is EA's fault not to make a modular library, not Awesome. If you want to make a global mod compatible each other, you should wait EA or modder implements a modular library. But I'm not too sure since it will reprogram almost all of the game, I think.

But if your mod does not modify the game library, which is only an XML tuning, it should be working with Awesome. It will only conflict if there are another mod modifies the same XML you mod.

So once again, blame EA :p

EDIT: Or you can wait for this. He's trying to make a program that will open the possibilities of having more than one global mod. Almost forgotten that some people's already working on it. Just hope.

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:41 PM
i was under the impression that tuners could be added at will, as long as they do not affect the same files.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:50 PM
As I said before, XML tuning mod should be compatible with Awesome IF and ONLY IF Awesome does not modify it too. If Awesome modifies it too, so it will be incompatible.

EDIT: I checked inside the awesome.package and I only see one XML file which is the trait XML file, which already mentioned in the manual itself. If your XML tuning mod incompatible with Awesome, perhaps Pescado modifies the core which is related with your XML file. I don't know. :p

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
thanks gilang. i have run more tests and discovered that the problem isn't incompatiblity with awesome mod after all, it is my because the xml file i was tuning only applies when a sims walks of into the non-lot world. so my sims can go fishing or walk into the woods, put as soon as they try to go to a lot, another check runs and i get the "cannot leave toddler at home" message anyway. i am looking for a file that controls the check for parent/babysitter when loading the game or going to a lot, but i am having trouble finding it.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
The big problem is a lot of people are downloading the entire awesome mod. It really should be picked from. Pescado has kindly made a section where you can pick what parts of the mods you want and not have the others. Have a look at that list and see if you can work out which one might affect your mod, though off hand I can't think of any he's done that are similar.

Why don't you work out what it clashes with and still put it up for those that want it with a warning of the clash.

I only have about 6 mods out of awesome mod. I want to leave room for others and I don't like all of them in there.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
XML tuning also relies on the script to be tuned by it. If he overrode it without checking the tuning values, it would clash without directly modifying the XML.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
after much more testing, the i have decided that i really like the way the mod runs. i still get the hire sitter demand if i attempt to carpool to work, or if the babes mood drops too low, but that prevents my sim from neglecting the baby and having the social worker called. this way i can go fish happily and just hire a sitter when i want to. what i thought was awesome mod squashing my mod's functionality was really a simple matter of me not fully testing the dynamics of the mod in-game. because i am very happy with what my mod offers to the game, i am uploading it in the hopes that it will make it onto the site.

it will be useful for those of us who are obsessed with raising toddlers but don't want to miss out on all the rock collecting.