Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:56 AM
Default Adult-to-Adult Carries
Happily inspired by this thread (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=616291), I thought about the possibility of adults being carried by another adult. I figured it would be easier and more plausible to use the toddler animations as some sort of base. Before I attempt to try this out, I have a few issues. 1). I can't find the animations where the toddler is being picked up. 2). I'm not so sure if the carried Sim is going to stay in the adult's arms. 3.) I'm not sure if the adult will move around with the Sim they're carrying 4). I'm not sure if Sims would go back to normal when being put down by the carrier.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:00 AM
Saw that thread too, looking forward to see the results and seeing what they come up with! Maybe in the future it could be expanded to things like a sim carrying a small dog or something. Anyways to your questions:

1) I think those are in the FullBuild0.package in your sims 3 > GameData > Shared > Packages > FullBuild0 folder. If you use S3PE, filter by CLIP Tag and files that begin with a2p_,you'll find files like:
a2p_idle_carry_idle2_y
a2p_idle_carry_idle2_x
a2p_pickUp_x
a2p_putDown_x
a2p_putDown_y
a2p_carry_chat_loop1_x
....and more (these are just some of them related to carrying behavior)

2-4) I'm not sure either, haven't really done any coding with postures.. but assuming they've finished their mod and skydome creates a custom interaction. Maybe its as simple as changing the age restriction in the ITUN file, and just providing additional animations that are prefixed by a2a and creating an override animation. At least that's how most interactions in the game work.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 2:00 PM
If you want to have adults be able to carry adults, you'd export these clips:

a2p_carryPose_x
a2p_carryPose_y
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_x
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_y
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_unslotted_x
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_unslotted_y
a2p_pickUp_x
a2p_pickUp_y
a2p_putDown_x
a2p_putDown_y

And you'll need to convert all these animations into a2a, but it'll be a big job, since the adult might look funny being held e.g. they might be floating above, down, out of place etc. that's what I did with mine, I made all custom animations for all of those.

Once you've got that done, you'll need to find a few files in the gameplaydata.package, but first copy that whole package to your desktop or wherever you want it. You'll also need to look for an Xml file I think called Idles, you'll copy that, paste it in a new package, then add the a2a_carryPose_x and y, also put in the idles there too.

And for others, such like pick up ITUN file, add the pick up and put down animations there. I don't think you'll need to change the age restrictions since there's already a A there.
But I do have to say, I'm not sure whether this'll work or not, since the target is for toddlers, but it's worth giving it a try, you never know if it'll work or not.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rgnrk198
Saw that thread too, looking forward to see the results and seeing what they come up with! Maybe in the future it could be expanded to things like a sim carrying a small dog or something. Anyways to your questions:

1) I think those are in the FullBuild0.package in your sims 3 > GameData > Shared > Packages > FullBuild0 folder. If you use S3PE, filter by CLIP Tag and files that begin with a2p_,you'll find files like:
a2p_idle_carry_idle2_y
a2p_idle_carry_idle2_x
a2p_pickUp_x
a2p_putDown_x
a2p_putDown_y
a2p_carry_chat_loop1_x
....and more (these are just some of them related to carrying behavior)

2-4) I'm not sure either, haven't really done any coding with postures.. but assuming they've finished their mod and skydome creates a custom interaction. Maybe its as simple as changing the age restriction in the ITUN file, and just providing additional animations that are prefixed by a2a and creating an override animation. At least that's how most interactions in the game work.

Thank you so much! I had such a hard time trying to find them. I like the idea of Sims carrying small animals! Yeah, maybe! It's worth giving it a shot to see what it can do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
If you want to have adults be able to carry adults, you'd export these clips:

a2p_carryPose_x
a2p_carryPose_y
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_x
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_y
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_unslotted_x
a2p_idle_carry_breathe_unslotted_y
a2p_pickUp_x
a2p_pickUp_y
a2p_putDown_x
a2p_putDown_y

And you'll need to convert all these animations into a2a, but it'll be a big job, since the adult might look funny being held e.g. they might be floating above, down, out of place etc. that's what I did with mine, I made all custom animations for all of those.

Once you've got that done, you'll need to find a few files in the gameplaydata.package, but first copy that whole package to your desktop or wherever you want it. You'll also need to look for an Xml file I think called Idles, you'll copy that, paste it in a new package, then add the a2a_carryPose_x and y, also put in the idles there too.

And for others, such like pick up ITUN file, add the pick up and put down animations there. I don't think you'll need to change the age restrictions since there's already a A there.
But I do have to say, I'm not sure whether this'll work or not, since the target is for toddlers, but it's worth giving it a try, you never know if it'll work or not.

Thank you TheSweetToddler! I'll call this...an experiment! Lol, I don't want adults moving hysterically XD
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM
Haha I know! Well, good luck with it

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:36 PM
Haha I know! Well, good luck with it

Thanks! :D
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:39 PM
Maybe in the future it could be expanded to things like a sim carrying a small dog or something.

But I thought sims could already carry small animals? I think they can actually, my sim was holding a small dog once, even a child could too.

Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:49 PM
But I thought sims could already carry small animals? I think they can actually, my sim was holding a small dog once, even a child could too.

Ah I didn't know that. I guess I don't play with small dogs enough... Btw I saw this picture of what seems to be an adult carrying an adult, if you can find this animation somewhere, maybe it could just be reused for the carrying animation:

Trainee Moderator
#10 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:56 PM
Ah I didn't know that. I guess I don't play with small dogs enough... Btw I saw this picture of what seems to be an adult carrying an adult, if you can find this animation somewhere, maybe it could just be reused for the carrying animation:

Wells, it's okay

Sorry, there's no animations for adults to hold adults, I've looked, and there's none. That in the picture is a sim leaping into the other sims arms, it's a romantic interaction they play. Still, if you want to look for it it's probably something called "a2a_soc_romantic_leapIntoArms_x or y" something like that, animations usually tend to be named after the name in the queue or pie menu.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:08 PM
Wells, it's okay

Sorry, there's no animations for adults to hold adults, I've looked, and there's none. That in the picture is a sim leaping into the other sims arms, it's a romantic interaction they play. Still, if you want to look for it it's probably something called "a2a_soc_romantic_leapIntoArms_x or y" something like that, animations usually tend to be named after the name in the queue or pie menu.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:10 PM

Lol I forgot myself XD I like the jump in arms! I want to see if I could split it in half and make one for pick and put down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM
Now I’m not an actual animator like TheSweetToddler (I admit). I could try the motion capture to create them.

However I can only do the pick up animation with only motion capture.
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Now I’m not an actual animator like TheSweetToddler (I admit). I could try the motion capture to create them.

What tools are you using for the motion capture and isn't that expensive?
Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3

Motion capture? How would you do that in blender?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 3:36 PM

Good question. I guess you need some addons for that not sure. Maybe not.
Scholar
#17 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:33 PM

Here's a video I had found on Youtube while Googling Blender motion capture that explains that type of stuff because I really don't understand how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFLPjVWjmCY
Trainee Moderator
#18 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Here's a video I had found on Youtube while Googling Blender motion capture that explains that type of stuff because I really don't understand how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFLPjVWjmCY

That sort of thing might not work on Sims rigs, I've watched that too, but I'm not very sure if it'll work or not.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:35 AM

Yeah I looked that stuff up too. I can’t seem to grasp it XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:36 AM
That sort of thing might not work on Sims rigs, I've watched that too, but I'm not very sure if it'll work or not.

Hm........
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM

I had my doubts about wherever or not it would work as well but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out even though it would not likely work for sim rigs. I wish you the best of luck for you and SuperGal's to complete your projects.
Trainee Moderator
#22 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 1:59 PM
I had my doubts about wherever or not it would work as well but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it out even though it would not likely work for sim rigs. I wish you the best of luck for you and SuperGal's to complete your projects.

Thank you, but I did say, it could work or not, I'm not sure how the person imported the animations, but I was just saying it doesn't look sim rig friendly to me...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:16 PM

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:16 PM
Thank you, but I did say, it could work or not, I'm not sure how the person imported the animations, but I was just saying it doesn't look sim rig friendly to me...

Yeah. I agree
Scholar
#25 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:03 PM
Where did you guys get all the stuff needed to make the animations?
Page 1 of 2