Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Meduza : 17th Aug 2018 at 12:24 PM.
Default CLOSED: Mirror actions disabled for vampires
In the Hacks & CC that you'd like to see! thread we've had discussion about how aliens and vampires could be improved. @didyouevenmakeasound suggested disabling mirror actions for vampires and I thought I could give it a try. Following actions are disabled for vampires by my mod: Gussy Up, Change Appearance, Check Self Out and Use Acne Cream. I don't know how to disable Practice Speech and Practice Romance, because apparently they don't have a guardian BHAV. Vampires still can change pets and toddlers appearance. This is my first mod and I would like to ask you to give me some feedback. There are some things I could have missed. This mod comes in 3 versions: only Night Life, pre-BV and BV and further, you've got to choose the right version for you. I've got all EPs.
Thanks for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled_NL.zip (494 Bytes, 1 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled_NL_OFB.zip (517 Bytes, 2 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled_NL_OFB_BV.zip (542 Bytes, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 4:31 PM
!! Wow! I'll try it, seeing as I suggested it
I didn't actually expect for my suggestion to be made real :D
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 6:06 PM
It works perfectly! :D
Please excuse my test sim, the aptly named 'vampy mcvampface'
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 8:47 AM
If vampire is not showing in mirror, does that mean change appearance won't work for them? (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:15 AM
My mod disables mentioned mirror actions for vampires, so menu strings won't even appear for them. It has nothing to do with their disablility to see themselves in the mirror. If someone made a mod that would let vampires see themselves in the mirror, disabled actions would still be inaccessible for them as long as my mod would be in the downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 1:14 PM
I made improved version of this mod. Pre-BV versions were broken. I added new functionality: Practice Speech and Practice Romance menus are still visible for vampires, but when they are ordered to do one of this actions, they'll refuse to do them and one of following dialogs will appear: "You want me to practice speech? I'm a vampire, I can't see myself in the mirror!" or "You want me to practice romance? I'm a vampire, I can't see myself in the mirror!".
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled2_NL.zip (2.3 KB, 1 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled2_OFB.zip (2.3 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Meduza_VampireMirrorActionsDisabled2_BV.zip (2.5 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content