Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:43 AM
Oh yeah. Constant subexpression evaluation. Who could ever forget about those.

Quote: Originally posted by TigerM
It's possible they did not declare the constants like that, but they did them based off calculations as well, and the compiler just did a fairly common optimization of constant subexression evaluation producing the final constant values.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerM
It's possible they did not declare the constants like that, but they did them based off calculations as well, and the compiler just did a fairly common optimization of constant subexression evaluation producing the final constant values.

That makes sense, still a PITA though

Quote: Originally posted by mrclean816
Oh yeah. Constant subexpression evaluation. Who could ever forget about those.

It just means that when the code was compiled, the compiler automatically calculated everything so that it would execute faster.
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:40 AM
oh so all those values were calculated by the compiler instead of someone manually assigning them

Quote: Originally posted by xalwaysvindicatedx
That makes sense, still a PITA though

It just means that when the code was compiled, the compiler automatically calculated everything so that it would execute faster.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
Most likely. But since all we have is the end result, we can't tell what went into creating it, we only know what's there now.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:43 AM
oh so all those values were calculated by the compiler instead of someone manually assigning them

If that's what happened, it's because it helps to speed things up while the code is executing.
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
any updates?

Quote: Originally posted by xalwaysvindicatedx
If that's what happened, it's because it helps to speed things up while the code is executing.
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:07 AM
update on thingy

Quote: Originally posted by inf666ipi
I read that somewhere you managed to get the sims 3 days to last longer.
You don't happen to have a working "hack" do you?

Yes & No...

It's not about 1 hack but a bunch of them. Regardless if you change the simclock file you also have to compensate with multiple different hacks for eating, sleeping,school, work, preganancy, gardening, learning, fishing, reading, woohoo, chatting, overall in general everything in aspect to what the game gives you to do.

Yes, I can slow the days down...but I also change every other aspect of the game as well to keep up with the time. And unfortunately this is a work in progress. There are many time modification files already out and I'm helping a lot of the creators with them. I have also changed a lot of the aspects of the game on my own for testing but it's by far not perfect. Anytime I find something that isn't right I change it so that it is right.

My last count on modifications for time keeping was sitting at 82 different modifications pertaining to time itself. So as you can see it's not about just modding 1 hack to make it work properly.

I also screwed up and modded my gameplay.package file and I do need to fix it soon but it's such a large file to mod I can't remember everything I did to it. So, I can't even extract the proper XMLs to make them proper mods for time tuning.

But, we are all still working on this. It's just not as easy as it may sound. Lot's of file changes. and I mean LOTs!!!

But when it's all said and done we'll be posting everything here. So just stay tuned watching in the Downloading section. It'll get there, just not anytime soon.

Myself I have so many projects right now I'm taking one project at a time and finishing it. And Time Tuning is not on the top of the list. Sorry. My gardening Guide is priority #1 for me atm. So until it's finished I won't be doing anything else. I'll casually glance at something but the Guide is priority.
Test Subject
#58 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 7:38 AM
I see that there has been no reply for this thread for a while now but i found a mod if people are still interested... just post here and i'll tell you where to find it!
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by betterthanbella510
I see that there has been no reply for this thread for a while now but i found a mod if people are still interested... just post here and i'll tell you where to find it!

I am really interested in that. I have searched everywhere for this type of mod.
Eminence Grise
#60 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:35 AM
This isn't the WCIF forum, people And I think most folks who are interested know about Twallan's Relativity.
Page 3 of 3