Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#6326 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I just found out that if you place a community toilet next to a window, it automatically places a shade on the window. Not sure if it's from the game though or the window I'm using.

It's the wall on the other side of the toilet; it clips the wall when placed into a corner, possibly to help it connect smoothly with the other toilets when creating a block of stalls. The big clue for this would be that if you recoloured your toilet's walls, the shade will automatically also colour-co-ordinate with the new colour scheme.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6327 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:49 PM
Homework disappears from the possessor by moving her/him to college through the neighborhood mode. I knew that they somehow will get gone, but I like the animation that goes with that where it slowly faded away.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6328 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:34 PM
Steve Dore's homework faded away shortly after his demise.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#6329 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:10 AM
I decided to blast up the sound on my speakers for a few seconds and I discovered that even the fridges have their own sound effect! Do the details ever end?

I know all about loud fridges irl, but I never expected it in the Sims.
Scholar
#6330 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
I decided to blast up the sound on my speakers for a few seconds and I discovered that even the fridges have their own sound effect! Do the details ever end?

You mean that hum sound when Sims open the fridge? I love those little details too. Like how the ambient sound includes distant dog barking. Someone should mod in the odd cat fight/yowling sounds too.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#6331 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Steve Dore's homework faded away shortly after his demise.

That's terrible! Your homework following you to the afterlife.
Mad Poster
#6332 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:51 AM

Try it with stereo headphones sometime. The sound separation is cool. You can tell whether someone or something is off to your left or right just by the sound channel. You're also more likely to notice details like the fridge and other sounds.
Mad Poster
#6333 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:15 AM
I think the sound of footsteps also differs depending on the ground cover and footwear.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6334 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 10:36 AM

The cheap fridges are the loudest. And if you have a sim drink water from a cheap kitchen sink, it drips and drips and drips all night long!

Lab Assistant
#6335 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:22 PM
Evil snapdragons.

Good news, Florence, is that you're not going to be eaten by Alon's cowplant.

Bad news is that....
Mad Poster
#6336 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Aug 2018 at 3:52 PM.
When cinematics are off, moving a sim into a dorm (not sure about other lots) toggles on tab mode .till sim ages up.

Also, there's an interaction called "Rampag" under college. Makes sim wonder around the dorm or write term paper? I wonder what trigger it as I discover it for the first time.

Pinenut Plaza Dorm looks good. First time discovering it.

Mad Poster
#6337 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Also, there's an interaction called "Rampag" under college. Makes sim wonder around the dorm or write term paper? I wonder what trigger it as I discover it for the first time.

That's from Pescado's Macrotastics mod. It makes your YA automatically do things to fill his/her college meter. It works best if you have the other stuff that goes with Macrotastics (Bathroom Uses You, etc.), but can work without them. Make sure the sim's mood is as green as possible before using this function.

I rarely use the Rampage myself. If your YA has the necessary skills to pass this semester's class (meter is completely unlocked/open), it's really easy to fill up the meter without using the Rampage.

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado

XIII. COLLEGE RAMPAGE!
Accessible from the "College" menu, begins a rampage where your sim studies for college using all of the college tools until he maxes his current grade-o-meter! All needs except hunger automatically are taken care of during the rampage.
Mad Poster
#6338 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:22 PM
I sometimes use Rampage for my college Sims who like to party and procastinate until the final exam is a few hours away.

Forum Resident
#6339 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:17 PM
I discovered that Clean Installer has an 'install all' option if you go into the file location! That saved me a lot of frustration, I tell you!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#6340 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:08 PM
Before I used the cheater, I remember I once couldn't turn residential to community because of the presence of the stove. This could suggest lots can't be converted into another If it includes items not available in the chosen one.

Mad Poster
#6341 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:29 PM
It might have been the particular stove you used. I have no problem building no-tell motels as residential lots, to get the beds, and then converting them to community lots.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6342 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 11:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Aug 2018 at 6:18 PM.
Probably everyone else knows this, buuuttt ...

It's usually considered advisable to make a hotel from a community lot. That's how I usually do it, and that's what I recommend.

Some people, however, make them in residential lots. then change to a hotel. I have no idea if they change to community first, but that's what I did for sneakywingphoenix's Maxis lot challenge. There might be a small glitch or two with starting a hotel as a residential lot, though.

This might be because I put that community lot code in there first, or that this is a main-hood hotel, but I find that hotels made from residential lots in a main hood, at least, seem to still have dogs come on them. I can ban them, but I have to do it each time my Sim uses the hotel. Strangely, there aren't any cats! Just the dogs. Also, I keep getting a notice that my Sim is off that day, even if technically, my Sim would have gone to work. The latter is not a big deal, and I'd rather the Sim technically have the day off and not leave the hotel. But the dogs on the lot are strange. And the Visitor Controller does not permanently ban them.

My regular hotels, both main-hood and vacation-lot, work fine. (Those were started as community lots.) And this one works fine except for the initial pooches. It certainly doesn't hurt gameplay. It's just that I've made several hotels at this point, and never saw this before. Maxis seems to still have some surprises up its sleeve.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#6343 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 12:34 AM
I discovered a sim can get higher buy mode prices by pissing off the wrong sim. In the same way they can get lower prices by being nice to the right sim.
(It's in Swedish but anyway):
Mad Poster
#6344 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 2:40 AM
For what it matters, the lower prices can actually screw up the "buy some object over $100" wants if it drops it just below the target amounts.

Mad Poster
#6345 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:52 PM
I just had that happen, but it satisfied the want anyway.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#6346 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
That you can tip the newspaper deliverers!!
Theorist
#6347 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:57 PM
Funny enough, that's one of the very first interactions I tried when I first-ever started playing the game, back in like 2005. I was surprised you could click on the newspaper delivery boy, as opposed to the unclickable one in TS1 base game.

I think the second interaction I clicked was like, smooch or whatever. On the wifey, not the paperboy.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6348 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
I think the second interaction I clicked was like, smooch or whatever. On the wifey, not the paperboy.

Not gonna ask what the third was...
Alchemist
#6349 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I discovered a sim can get higher buy mode prices by pissing off the wrong sim. In the same way they can get lower prices by being nice to the right sim.
from my understanding, that is part of Apartment Life's Reputation system; or maybe that expansion's "networking". Apartment Life's Prima Guide is more in-depth with both.
Mad Poster
#6350 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 7:55 PM
Chloe Curious was playing darts and did a funny routine; after all these years I discovered Cheating at darts! Don't know what triggered it - she's not grouchy, but playful.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 254 of 442