Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
Default Dds, Wtf?
Hey.
I just wanan get sure i understood correctly with how to change or import new textures for clothes.
I need this CAS Texture Unitytol to extract and import files from sims 3 or in it right? And to overwrite an existing texture (the only way to mod till now, when im correct) i need my modet one in as a .dds file right? But how do i get a existing texture out of the game, change it to for example jpeg, and then bring it back to .dds to import that one?
Im a lil but confused. Searched for dds, but havent found something.
Greetz
Advertisement
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by On_Meadows
Hey.
I just wanan get sure i understood correctly with how to change or import new textures for clothes.
I need this CAS Texture Unitytol to extract and import files from sims 3 or in it right? And to overwrite an existing texture (the only way to mod till now, when im correct) i need my modet one in as a .dds file right? But how do i get a existing texture out of the game, change it to for example jpeg, and then bring it back to .dds to import that one?
Im a lil but confused. Searched for dds, but havent found something.
Greetz

You don't need to convert them to .jpg before editing them. You will need to get the appropriate plug-in for your image editing software:

Photoshop

Gimp

Both are free.

Edit any way you want, make sure when saving your images, use a format of DXT1 for an image with no alpha layers, DXT3 for images with an alpha layer, or DXT5 for images with an alpha layer that don't look right when saved as a DXT3.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
The gimp plugin doesn't produce really good results.

I use DDS Converter 2 for the dds to tga conversion, edit in gimp, and convert the tga to dds again using nvdxt.exe, which supports a lot of command line parameters, for adjusting for example the dxt format and mipmap quality.