Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 4:16 PM
Default Thumbnail Fix?
Hi All! Let me know if there's a thread out there with fix instructions, will ya? I remember this happening w/Sims 1... I'm using Paladin's Sims 2 Categorizer, and all objects are without a thumbnail (only a big pink and black '?'). I've reinstalled every exp. pack up until OFB and haven't gone 'in game' yet - could this be why? I remember in the ol' Sim 1 days, I had to open every object in the game, and THEN the thumbnail showed in James' handy Categorizer(not all of them, but most of them...).

Cheers :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 4:27 PM
Maybe I should learn to read??? I found this thread, and it looks as if Mr. Sausville has given some answers http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=186728 . Doesn't sound as if there's a fix - oh well.....
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:29 PM
At the beginning, SimPE had a similar problem: some (apparently random) thumbnails were missing from the Object Workshop list.

The game, when you browse the catalog, creates the thumbnails in two sizes; the smaller ones are the ones used in the small icons in the catalog; the bigger ones are generated when you select the object from the catalog (you know, when an additional window pops up showing a bigger view of the object, and showing all the available recolours).

I guess (not sure) that the Categorizer looks for the bigger thumbnails.

Try this: take note of one object that is shown in the Categorizer as a big question mark; then start the game and by that object from the catalog (possibly, select a colour different than the default one, just to be sure).
The restart the Categorizer to see if the question mark has been replaced by the correct thumbnail.

Quaxi solved the problem instructing SimPE to look for the smaller thumbnails; perhaps the Categorizer should do the same, if the test above gives the expected results...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:56 PM
Thanks, Numenor - I'll give it a try and post the results (give me a couple of days tho lol...) :D