Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2016 at 10:56 AM
"Can't place step" problem
I'm building a house with a normal one floor level. I only have the problem when i'm building this house. I removed everything and everyone and it still says "Can't place step". What's the problem?
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th May 2016 at 1:28 PM
Use the moveobjects on cheat and it will probably work. If you are running the later gameversions then they changed something with modular stairs which meant they would not place near to walls, so this is probably the cause.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:18 PM
I was using moveobjects on at the moment and the later game version "Mansion and garden" so that means i have to slightly destroy the house,oh well...
I just don't get it,why did people make so complicated to place the damn stairs?
Btw thanks for the advice
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:26 PM
If it won't work with the moveobjects cheat then maybe your storey is the wrong height. Have you used CFE to create a taller or shorter room?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:09 PM
That shouldn't matter with modular stairs. I use CFE to make taller foundations quite a bit and can always place modular stairs, even if I have to use moveobjects on.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:54 PM
It's probably wall. See in your picture you have that wall going out over the grid, remove that and use moveobjects on. if it's not that then I would suspect you have an invisible object.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~