Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Delphy : 26th Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM.
Default Patch 1.2.7 Notes
Hi All,

As you probably know, EA released Patch 1.2.7 today:

Quote:
* Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
* Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
* Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
* Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
* Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
* Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
* This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
* Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.

Comparing this to the retail version, I come up with the following:

- FullBuild0.package:
Retail: 1,023,864,748 bytes
Patch: 1,023,864,748 bytes
Number of changes inside package: 0

- FullBuild1.package
Retail: 1,903,877,094 bytes
Patch: 1,903,877,094 bytes
Number of changes inside package: [In progress]

- FullBuild2.package
Retail: 1,255,650,776 bytes
Patch: 1,255,650,776 bytes
Number of changes inside package: [In progress]

- Gameplay.package
Retail: 7,934,583 bytes
Patch: 7,933,986 bytes
Number of changes inside package: 3
Differs: 073FAA07:00000000:0CE8E043C99C09C7
Differs: 073FAA07:00000000:B9C90FDC6793BC0A
Differs: 073FAA07:00000000:03D6C8D903CE868C

- Scripts.package
Retail: 999,475 bytes
Patch: 999,475 bytes

- GameplayData.package
Retail: 2,491,547 bytes
Patch: 2,491,547 bytes

Looks like most of the changes are in the core game .exe and the script DLLs since I can't see any tuning XML or anything else changed.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:46 PM
Erm, in my game the patch is labeled as 1.2.7

Otherwise thanks for your research. It looks like as if there are no broken mods, even awesomemod seems to work fine.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM
Oops, typod :P

Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Erm, in my game the patch is labeled as 1.2.7

Otherwise thanks for your research. It looks like as if there are no broken mods, even awesomemod seems to work fine.

If you're using the no-censor mod the patch 1.2.7 will fail, you will have to restore the original:

..\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp file.

I haven't tested if the no-censor mod works after patching the game.

Life's a game, so let's play!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:43 PM
New sims3 patch 1.2.7 haves some
problems with some mods instaled ...

I have detected this after last night when
my game self updated to the latest patch
to 1.2.7 patch version...*

The game wouldn't install new content packages
and upon starting intro in the first load out screen
CTD imidiately*....

First thing I've done was to remove the Global mods
and all the other mods to a separated folder and try
again to start the game, and it run without problems,
Now I am trying ti identify what mod or mod causes the
CTD, and for that I am adding one by one the game
and starting it every time to check if works...

I am reporting back here what are the results in the end of this
tests and after locate the conflictiv*e mods...

Thanks and pls give me some info here if you know something
that I don't !
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:44 PM
frillen: Thats only with the older no censor mod. Ricks no mosaic mod here on MTS works perfectly with the patch.

Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM Last edited by MemoryOfAxel : 26th Jun 2009 at 6:47 PM. Reason: Left Details Out
I'm not sure why I can't install mine. It says the 'Gameplaydata.package' couldn't be located, even though I went to the folder containing it. The gameplaydata.package is in the same place on my computer as it is on the disk.

I'm looking for a way to fix this but if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

EDIT: Invalid file found is the message that comes up when it attempts to locate the gameplaydata.package file. Sorry for the mistake.
I have deleted the Shaders_Win32.precomp and replaced it with the one from the original game disk, still to no avail.
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MemoryOfAxel
I'm not sure why I can't install mine. It says the 'Gameplaydata.package' couldn't be located, even though I went to the folder containing it. The gameplaydata.package is in the same place on my computer as it is on the disk.

I'm looking for a way to fix this but if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

EDIT: Invalid file found is the message that comes up when it attempts to locate the gameplaydata.package file. Sorry for the mistake.
I have deleted the Shaders_Win32.precomp and replaced it with the one from the original game disk, still to no avail.

I went to the bother of removeing the cyber0ps censor removal hacks and putting in Ricks. I went to my game disk and got the new fresh shaders file. I nstalled the patch with no problems. Then I tried to play the game and as usual hit enter as the video intro starts, black out, game crash. So it isn't the cyber0ps mod on it's own. I'll try removing mods, some at a time and will try removing awesome mod first as that's a whole collection of them. I only have half a dozen in there though, didn't take the full package.

If anyone is trying to install this patch I would recommend backing up the games folders from both program files and documents first.
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:33 PM
Fluttereyes, remember that sometimes TS3 suffers CTD for absolutely no apparent reason. I find it way worse if I'm starting, exiting, starting, exiting within a short period of time.

First rule of thumb when trying to get it to start after crashes is to remove the cache files from the Sims 3 folder in the documents.

Second rule of thumb is the first time you run the game after adding new files (patterns do seem to be immune to this) and deleting the cache files, let it run through the video. The game sometimes uses this time to make adjustments to settings and if you interrupt it you'll end up with CTD.

I am so glad I didn't run right out to get that patch.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
I did everything correctly. I cleared my folders, I cleared the chaches then set about identifying the problem with half and half and so on till I found the problem. The maker of this hack will announce himself what the problem is and indeed he has said so on the thread for the hack. I contacted him directly about it rather than throwing it out on the forum. Please wait for confirmation from the creator of the hack that isnt compatible.

On another note the game is running fine but I just lost one of my favourite hacks

I never run the video and this is the first crash I've ever had. The patch is fine, it's only one hack it's incompatible with and I know the creator of it is working away on it. I did ask him to pop over here and post it as he's only did it on the thread for the hack. I'm sure he will. Either that or check all the hacks you have till you find the one with the problem by adding them one at a time and running the game in between, that's how I did it and my game is running fine now

Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
Fluttereyes, remember that sometimes TS3 suffers CTD for absolutely no apparent reason. I find it way worse if I'm starting, exiting, starting, exiting within a short period of time.

First rule of thumb when trying to get it to start after crashes is to remove the cache files from the Sims 3 folder in the documents.

Second rule of thumb is the first time you run the game after adding new files (patterns do seem to be immune to this) and deleting the cache files, let it run through the video. The game sometimes uses this time to make adjustments to settings and if you interrupt it you'll end up with CTD.

I am so glad I didn't run right out to get that patch.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
frillen: Thats only with the older no censor mod. Ricks no mosaic mod here on MTS works perfectly with the patch.

Thanks for pointing out this little pearl to me

Life's a game, so let's play!
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:10 PM
Anyone with the CAS slider hack and having issues with the patch, should check Delphy's thread for updated information about it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Anyone with the CAS slider hack and having issues with the patch, should check Delphy's thread for updated information about it.

Actualy yes..

Mine doesn't work at all,
Neither Cas slider or Facial hack....
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:45 PM
Delphy has said on the thread for these hacks that he knows they are incompatible, just remove them for now and watch for an update from Delphy on the new ones, I know he'll make more.