Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving a family off the lot without loosing the furniture in the house?
Did a search and actually found a thread here but it wasn't what i'm looking for... So, i'm looking for a mod that leaves the furniture on the lot when a family moves out.
Currently having trouble with sims 2 crashing when i enter a specific lot (i know how to fix it, probably lol, guessing it's a corrupt accessory.cache, groups.cache, or cigen.package, but i would like to try moving them out first WITHOUT losing all the furniture...)

Cheers, Maggie
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:56 PM
You want the Stay Thing shrub from simlogical.
Scroll down until you see it.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_MiscHacks.htm

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:06 PM
Ah, forgot about that thing, problem is i can't enter the lot
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:22 PM
Oh..without having to enter the lot. I see.
Well first, if you think it might be one of the accessory.cache, groups.cache, or cigen.package, start by deleting those.
Then maybe you'll be able to enter your lot.
This is always the first thing to try.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:25 PM
Already did that and also deleted NeighborhoodManager.package and the Thumbnails folder, still crashing...
It's weird as this has always fixed the issue (had it 2 times past the years i've played)

Edit: Hmm, the Accessory.cache's file size is 6,10 Mt, should i make a blank one and make it read only?
Edit2: I'll proly move this to the help section soon, just waiting if someone knows of the above mentioned mod.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:42 PM
You could use this tutorial to grab a copy of the lot. It will look exactly the same but will work as if nobody has ever lived in it. Then you can move the family out, delete the lot, and place the copy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:53 PM
Do you have any personal experience with the tutorial? It is a very old one so i'm kinda afraid of corrupting my game... (especially the part about having the game open while editing files)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:54 PM
A blank copy? nah..just delete it. i thought you said you already did this. apparently you didn't..if you still have the file. None of them needs to be kept. they are generated everytime you play. I personally delete all cache files after each play session. No way I'll end up with a huge file one day!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
A blank copy? nah..just delete it. i thought you said you already did this. apparently you didn't..if you still have the file. None of them needs to be kept. they are generated everytime you play. I personally delete all cache files after each play session. No way I'll end up with a huge file one day!

Oh i did do it but it generated the file again with the size i mentioned
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:57 PM
Oh..and what is mt supposed to mean?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:00 PM
A typo, sorry *Mb

Edit: Ok, apparently the game wasn't generating a new accessory.cache file so i created a blank one myself, let's see how it goes...
Edit2: nope
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
You could use this tutorial to grab a copy of the lot. It will look exactly the same but will work as if nobody has ever lived in it. Then you can move the family out, delete the lot, and place the copy.

Is this safe tho?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:28 PM
Was looking for another thing and saw this tutorial: http://www.woodensimolean.com/node/149
There are magic words "If you want to keep their furniture"....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Was looking for another thing and saw this tutorial: http://www.woodensimolean.com/node/149

Thank you i'll try that!

Btw is it safe to play with other families while the one lot crashes or will it corrupt the hood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna

Game crashed when i clicked "package the lot"
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:48 PM
The safest is to take a backup before you start the process. That way, if anything does go wrong, you can at least go back to the starting point.

Unless the crashing lot is part of a bigger hood problem, it should be safe to play other families - as long as one of the sims in the crashing house is the problem.

One thing you can try is to back up your game, then remove CC, and try entering the house. If you can enter it, the problem can be a bad CC item, which can in most cases be fixed by removing the item from your downloads.

Bad CC objects don't always advertise by crashing the game while you're on the lot. Sometimes the play session can play well, but the next time you try entering the lot, the CC item makes the lot crash. Lots with bad CC in them can also create troubles if you move a family into an "unseen" CC house. When I download new houses, I usually visit the lot and make sure it works before moving in a family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 12th Apr 2017 at 8:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The safest is to take a backup before you start the process. That way, if anything does go wrong, you can at least go back to the starting point.

Unless the crashing lot is part of a bigger hood problem, it should be safe to play other families - as long as one of the sims in the crashing house is the problem.

One thing you can try is to back up your game, then remove CC, and try entering the house. If you can enter it, the problem can be a bad CC item, which can in most cases be fixed by removing the item from your downloads.

Bad CC objects don't always advertise by crashing the game while you're on the lot. Sometimes the play session can play well, but the next time you try entering the lot, the CC item makes the lot crash. This happens more often if you move a family into an "unseen" house. When I download new houses, I usually visit the lot and make sure it works before moving in a family.

Backed the game before i started making any changes, i might try this tutorial if it's confirmed to be safe: http://thesims2.livejournal.com/6049797.html
If that doesn't work i'll move em out and just deal with the family losing all their stuff i guess...

As for the CC, i haven't added anything new in over a year and well... the folder is over 2G in size with over 4000 files lol, so i'd rather try any other option that might fix it before removing CC.

Edit: actually i think i should try inviting the people over on another lot to see if the sims themselves are the problem.
Edit2: invited over, no problems, forced an error on em got this: /Logs/ObjectError_N006_t197282.txt i'll do some research on that if it's just a normal error when forcing it
Edit3: should i force an error on the sims, reset em, and save and exit the lot and then try entering?
Edit4: getting late here, i'll fiddle around with this tomorrow

request to maybe move this to game help section?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:03 PM
Chances are good it's a CC issue. Make another backup, remove your CC, see if that fixes it. If so, go through your CC to figure out which item is causing the problem, delete that, then restore your backup so you don't have any problems caused by removing CC.

Generally speaking, if the lot crashes, the cause is in (or on) the lot. Even if you manage to make a copy of the lot, it's likely to have the same problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Chances are good it's a CC issue. Make another backup, remove your CC, see if that fixes it. If so, go through your CC to figure out which item is causing the problem, delete that, then restore your backup so you don't have any problems caused by removing CC.

Generally speaking, if the lot crashes, the cause is in (or on) the lot. Even if you manage to make a copy of the lot, it's likely to have the same problem.

Ok, i'll first try to move em out and back in or to a new lot. Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
Ok, i'll first try to move em out and back in or to a new lot. Thank you

It's the lot, moved the sims out, no problem with them on a new lot, guess i'll have to dig in to see which CC it is...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:48 AM
It's the lot, moved the sims out, no problem with them on a new lot, guess i'll have to dig in to see which CC it is...

I think i figured out what object it is, just not sure how to delete it as it came with a .package file that has many objects with it... (SimPE?) The object that might cause the issues is the toyBoxAntique.package file from this set: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12631.0.html
I got the ls-buy.bundle file.

Found these files, not sure if i missed something...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#22 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:57 AM
Hmm - how did you figure out that the problem is the toybox, if you don't have the toybox as a separate file, only as part of the ls-buy-bundle file?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Hmm - how did you figure out that the problem is the toybox, if you don't have the toybox as a separate file, only as part of the ls-buy-bundle file?

Well, i remembered adding certain items to the lot i haven't used before and that was one of em, ruled out a few others, haven't gotten into removing that as i'm not sure if those files in the screenshot are all of it. Also i haven't used other items from the bundle in that lot (or the items i have used are working correctly on other lots).
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 5:17 PM
Do you have any personal experience with the tutorial? It is a very old one so i'm kinda afraid of corrupting my game... (especially the part about having the game open while editing files)

Sorry I didn't see this, the thread moved. I have used this method to put lots into the bin without having to go in game, package a lot, and then install it. I've never done it while my game was open, as I never play in windowed mode and don't intend to. I haven't had any problems so far. Any lots I've copied with this method do have a few sim references, which I've read is normal. I delete them in SimPE just in case.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Sorry I didn't see this, the thread moved. I have used this method to put lots into the bin without having to go in game, package a lot, and then install it. I've never done it while my game was open, as I never play in windowed mode and don't intent to. I haven't had any problems so far. Any lots I've copied with this method do have a few sim references, which I've read is normal. I delete them in SimPE just in case.

Thank you for the info
Page 1 of 2