Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1439
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 36 (Who?), Viewed: 5365 times.
Search this Thread
Old 6th Mar 2018, 12:28 AM #26
Zarathustra
Alchemist

26 Achievements

View My Journal

I wonder if sending out site-wide PMs with new rubric changes might be a good way to at least make it more likely that all users will see things (or maybe just to creators who have submitted content of the type that would be impacted by a new rubric, I don't know how much the site's backend lets you do things like that)... That way users would have the changes appear over everything else on the site, instead of just on the sidebar of the homepage... Just a thought, since I definitely see the logic of wanting more users to see rubric changes, but also see the concerns of other users (for example, I wouldn't meet the requirements for the initial changes to the bypass, since I haven't had a computer to actually upload things for about 5 months now, but I'm still regularly on the site and mentally coming up with new ideas... I'd at least like to think I'm still up-to-date! )

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Old 6th Mar 2018, 12:40 AM #27
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

@Butterbot the sections are not to do with the game changing but because they are different types of creating. For example, if you upload only recolours then switch to making lots. Just because you are an excellent recolourer doesn't mean you can build.

I am glad of the changes as well as the changes we now have with checking bypass.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 6th Mar 2018, 11:13 AM #28
Tashiketh
Original Poster

Warrior Gryphon

28 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
I hope that for TS2 and 3, where the games themselves now remain essentially unchanged since their product cycles have ended, there will not be a release schedule requirement (as in one must upload X number of mods per Y unit time). This is not Patreon.

Per-section bypass is a totally different concept and I will not be introducing time-based bypass again.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Old 6th Mar 2018, 11:16 AM #29
Tashiketh
Original Poster

Warrior Gryphon

28 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
I know you guys continuously evaluate and clarify rubrics, but sometimes things are maybe not as clear as they ought to be. I got corrected over something a while back, and when I asked where it was so I could double check I didn't miss more things, not even the moderator could find it. I skim guidelines every time I upload, just to refresh my memory and make sure I don't miss something, and couldn't remember ever reading that part. Perhaps it would be good to accompany the per section/per-game change with a thorough re-read of the guidelines? Make sure everything you want them to include is clear and included in all the different sections

The current way we have this information distributed is not good. We have a "guidelines" page on the wiki, additional guidelines pages (with screenshots), also on the wiki, and also the actual moderation rubrics which the moderators use (which are really the guidelines).

That's why I am, as hinted at before, in the middle of designing a new system that will replace the guidelines and the rubrics - leaving just the new rubrics instead. No longer will there be multiple wiki pages and forum threads and so on to look at - it'll be a single place that you can see everything you might need to upload to a specific section on MTS.

Old 6th Mar 2018, 11:19 AM #30
Tashiketh
Original Poster

Warrior Gryphon

28 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I wonder if sending out site-wide PMs with new rubric changes might be a good way to at least make it more likely that all users will see things (or maybe just to creators who have submitted content of the type that would be impacted by a new rubric, I don't know how much the site's backend lets you do things like that)... That way users would have the changes appear over everything else on the site, instead of just on the sidebar of the homepage... Just a thought, since I definitely see the logic of wanting more users to see rubric changes, but also see the concerns of other users (for example, I wouldn't meet the requirements for the initial changes to the bypass, since I haven't had a computer to actually upload things for about 5 months now, but I'm still regularly on the site and mentally coming up with new ideas... I'd at least like to think I'm still up-to-date! )

I'll outline exactly how this works later, but the idea is that we keep track of when you last uploaded an item on the site (be it bypass or the normal queue), and we know which rubrics have changed since that time. So then we can basically display "These rubrics have changed since you last uploaded" and the user has to actually tick a box saying they've read them before they can continue. This way you can both read the changes normally (as in a "Last Modified Rubrics" section) and see them within the upload wizard as you upload.

Old 6th Mar 2018, 12:00 PM #31
lientebollemeis
Theorist

46 Achievements

View My Journal

What I do is looking at the "last edited:" date. If I see it was edited after my last upload in that section I reread everything.

I do suggest to use simple English in the guidelines. It's not because the creator read everything and thinks to have understand everything that it really is understood.
That's sometimes the reason why guidelines arent followed correctly.

Download all creations (at once): http://bit.ly/allcreations
Only requests for Sims 2, please!
Go to my blog to request (for the details): http://bit.ly/dorequest
My policy: (read it please): http://bit.ly/PolicyS2I
Old 6th Mar 2018, 4:20 PM #32
gummilutt
Mad Poster

40 Achievements

View My Journal

Sounds great, look forward to seeing the new ones when they are finished

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old 16th Mar 2018, 7:17 AM #33
lientebollemeis
Theorist

46 Achievements

View My Journal

So about the things that will change:
I have now a queue bypass for careers and food.
But if I upload 2 houses and 2 clothing and they are all rejected, will I lose my queue bypass for food and careers or not?

Old 16th Mar 2018, 8:33 AM #34
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

@lientebollemeis Why not use The Creator Feedback area first to be sure?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 16th Mar 2018, 8:43 AM #35
lientebollemeis
Theorist

46 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@lientebollemeis Why not use The Creator Feedback area first to be sure?

I want to know and understand how the bypass works after these changes talked about in this topic.

Edit
@joandsarah77
So if I upload 2 houses and 2 clothing and they are all rejected, will I lose my queue bypass for food and careers or not?

Last edited by lientebollemeis : 16th Mar 2018 at 5:25 PM.
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 5:17 AM #36
InLovewithRed
Lab Assistant

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashiketh
I'm a little confused about what you are trying to say, but the ability to still send an item to the queue even if you have bypass has not disappeared. This is merely changes to the actual ability to have bypass in the first place prior to uploading.

For my last few uploads, the "be checked by a moderator option" actually has completely disappeared for me. There is only a "next" button on the last page which (as I have found out) bypasses the queue.
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 6:22 AM #37
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
I want to know and understand how the bypass works after these changes talked about in this topic.

Edit
@joandsarah77
So if I upload 2 houses and 2 clothing and they are all rejected, will I lose my queue bypass for food and careers or not?

@lientebollemeis The new system is still being worked out so I can't say anything about that really.

Currently
1. Must have at least 10 approved uploads since we started tracking uploads (June 2008).
2. Out of the last 10 upload attempts (counting both approves and removed), at least 9 of those must have been approved (no more than 1 removed).
3. Out of the last 5 upload attempts, we have not had to ask for changes more than one time per upload more than once (so at least 4 out of 5 have had 1 or less Changes Required PMs sent)

I do know bypass will be by section once it is in place and that is all.

~Call me Jo~

Section jump: