Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:53 AM Last edited by dino_rex : 8th Apr 2015 at 8:00 PM.
Default Custom CAS Backdrop -- Multiple UV & Textures in one object?
I'm trying to create a custom CAS backdrop. I've been able to do a simple "proof of concept" by removing the furniture and window from the regular CAS room and changing the wall/floor textures.

(poorly mapped textures are my laziness, not inherent to the process)

But I have a question: How do you assign multiple _IMG's to a single MODL?

I'd like to make a more complex backdrop, with more meshes. But I can't figure out how to assign more than _IMG to a single set of MODL/MLOD's. I've tried merging multiple object textures into a single UV mesh. It works, but it's unwieldy and requires a very large DDS image.

The original CAS room object has multiple textures. So do the rabbit holes I've extracted. But I haven't been able to hijack the CAS object with my own meshes/textures as it does not import (or export) properly from Blender. The CAS rooms pictured are made from the tissue box object.

I'm brand new to Sims modding, so this may be a basic concept that I'm missing. I appreciate any guidance! Thanks.

Edited: Added a better preview image. Rephrased parts of the question. (Apparently posting at 2AM does not lend to clarity)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
How do you assign multiple _IMG's to a single MODL?

You can't.

Quote:
I've tried merging multiple object textures into a single UV mesh. It works, but it's unwieldy and requires a very large DDS image.

This is the way to go, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 8:51 AM
Thanks for your reply! I will stick with baking a single big DDS.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
@dino_rex

A long shot, but how were you able to do this? I'm looking to replace the CAS screen, and I'm running into problems.